Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita

Post Conference thoughts

So, anybody else disapointed with the Vita content? i was realy hoping for a new Assassins Creed or Uncharted, instead we got some ports and multiplats. Super Excited about PS4 and what the PS3 still has to come, but not feeling the Vita love right now...

Oh and still nothing about another knock at CoD on the Vita, even though its the second best selling game on Vita. If they got their stuff together and brought out a propper CoD title either in-house or a propper established dev, it would go nuclear

The King has Returned

2. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The Gods of Olympus have abandoned me - PlayStation Vita

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    i can't really comment on the vita because i'm not really a handheld gamer. im just excited as hell for the ps4 stuff though!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Well, the Vita DOES have some games.

Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Gravity Rush
    Soul Sacrifice
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    Assassin's Creed Liberation
    Escape Plan
    Unit 13
    Persona 4

I do agree it's lacking compared to the 3DS, but maybe we can expect more announcements at the Tokyo Game Show and Gamecon.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Sony focused this E3 on PS4, much like it did last year with PS3. However, if they're to be taken the same as last year, Gamescom will be a Vita heaven

I have a hunch we're gonna be seeing a LOT of Vita love in the coming months, and not just indie games, but lots of support from 3rd party to deliver AAA games. I'm still one believing Type-0 will make a triumphant leap from PSP to Vita.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    Ive had a look at the 3DS and all the games look a bit crap, it has nothing for me.

And ive got more than half of those titles, i was realy expected "Hey, you loved Golden Abyss? WELL HOWS THIS FOR YA, $#@!ES!!" and everyone gets vita boxes pelted in their faces, their blood everywhere and people are cheering and Nathan Drake appears on the screen looking awesome and then Naughty Dog come on and are like "Your excited for the new Uncharted Vita? How about Uncharted 4 aswell!?"

Then people just start exploding...

The King has Returned

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Sony focused this E3 on PS4, much like it did last year with PS3. However, if they're to be taken the same as last year, Gamescom will be a Vita heaven
    I don't remember actually, what was at gamescom last year?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Some more Vita love would be nice. I really want to play Gravity Rush and the Uncharted game, but that's not enough to justify buying this. The Remote play of PS4 titles comes very close to my requirements though. I just need a few more big games and then I can justify the purchase.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Well at least the usual companies are doing their stuff and localizing Japanese titles like Toukiden:

And now with KOEI owning GUST and localizing those titles themselves, NIS America will have more free time for other localisations and hopefully we start seeing some visual novels from them for a change.

Basically it looks like another PSP, with 90%+ of it's catalog being Japanese games, which to me is a good thing lol

But Shahid has mentioned on twitter that a big 3rd party exclusive is in development, and I'm betting it's likely Rockstar with a new GTA, and they'll probably reveal it after GTA5 obviously to not steal thunder:

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/stat...44310877896704

Ultimate Veteran
    I'd like some variety, if a game does get localized. All I ever see are games that have you cut, slash or bash something 3-5 times your size.

I haven't even played Monster Hunter but it's what I immediately think of.

It would be nice to know if Rockstar were developing something for the PS Vita. Grand Theft Auto, Bully 2 or even Midnight Club.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-12-2013 at 04:09.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Toukiden looks awesome!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    I would of at least liked to have seen the Vita being able to do all that tablet stuff for the games.

Would of also liked if they announced the Vita could be used as a second controller & screen for games that have 2player so getting rid of split screen.
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Malicious ReBirth also looks decent:

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    I was little disappointed...im still cant decide buy it or not and the dont show me the reason
    I know it have Golden Abbys and KZ:M in future, and other great games, but i wanna something like Monster Huter or Zelda on it
    Is any games like this planned? Or i need learn japanesee and imoport all great games that never see EU/US release

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    I was a little bummed too that they didn't announce any really big hitter titles at E3, I love my Vita and wish there were a few more must have titles. It is still good to hear though that we will be able to do remote play via the Vita with the PS4.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    There's a large thread on GAF about this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584881

Great thread, with some good points from all sides, but I hope it's OK for me to politely request that the thread title have the word "lie" removed? Of course, if you can show that I have lied, I will retract my request.

In the meantime, I continue to care about what you say, and I recognise that criticism is part of the game. What I can promise in return is that me, my team and many colleagues around the world, including the senior execs I met with about our plans today are working tirelessly on Vita. Some things take time, and they will be worth waiting for.

I will not apologise for my enthusiasm or passion though, I hope you don't mind.

Oh and one of the games you've asked for in this thread? I got it for Vita today.

Love and respect to all of you who have praise, and who have constructive criticism.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=317

What games we were talking about before shahids post:
    • Final Fantasy Type-0
    • New Persona/Shin Megami Tensei game
    • Bioshock VITA
    • Resident Evil VITA
    • Ys: Memories of Calceta
    • Gravity Rush 2
    • GTA VITA
    • RDR VITA
    • Trine 1&2
    • Phantasy Star Online 2
    • Picotto Knights
    • Samurai & Dragons
    • PES 14
    • Gran Turismo Vita
    • God of War VITA
    • Valkyria Chronicles 3
    • Demon Souls VITA
    • Motorstorm VITA
    • Monter Hunter 4
    • Tekken VITA
    • Patapon
    • Loco Roco
    • Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    • Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
    • Phoenix Wright
    • Dragon's Dogma: Quest
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=402

18. Likes FireSol likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    ^ good read!! and also great list of games
    but crapcom have no plans for monster hunter 4

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I don't like shooters but anyone who does that has a Vita should check out this:

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Killzone looks pretty amazing but other than that the list of games announced is pretty dissappointing. Hopefully Gamescom will save the day.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yep. Who'd have thought SCEE would save the day lol I'm remaining skeptical though, we always say "wait for X conference" and then nothing lol

TGS will no doubt have some big games for it and hopefully Sony gets back to the 90s and localizes some of it.

PSN ID
    PMurphy1978
    The few minutes that the Vita got during the keynote was a far better showing than it got at E3 in 2012 but still not enough, but this E3 was always going to be about the PS4.

Unfortunately, to the uneducated this segment will be the perception of Sony's support for the Vita, NOT the 35 games playable on the show floor, to which there seems to have been a good reception to many. Many people will probably buy quite a few on that list alone depending on their tastes.

There is no denying that we are still missing some "big name" titles, but Sony have said that there are some in development that are not ready to be discussed. There will be a time for these. Possibly at Gamescom - remember that up until August last year we didn't know about Tearaway and precious little about Killzone.

Despite the mauling critically (which I don't really think Activision cared about) CODBOD is one of the stronger selling titles and Activision like money, so I can't believe we won't see another COD, but stranger things have happened. Even the DS got a few COD titles...

FIFA is surely a cert to be released, and surely EA won't stiff us over NFS: Rivals will they?

Personally I felt that the Vita had a decent E3 over the three days. It needs more time at next years E3 keynote, and certainly some bigger names to appease the masses, but I am more than happy with what I have now. And in a few months we will be playing PS4 games on it too.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    Killzone: Mercenary looks more fun to me then any of the previous console versions and the new PS4 one coming.

Thread Information