Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Thanks! I guess I should read more carefully. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Yeah, well, I am the one who posted this article....and that was a week ago...and just 2 days ago I had asked the same question as you. I guess I should get my head outta my ass, lol.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    MW2 does not have dedicated servers.

Is this article implying that there will be next-gen games that won't have dedicated servers?
    We know and that was the jist of my post.
    I remember when it was first revealed (2009) there would be no dedi support people went nuts because they and I knew it would be inferior and were right.

No it doesn't imply that, at least from my reading of it that is.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-22-2013 at 01:02.

Extreme Poster
    I'm thinking all next-gen games will have dedicated servers. The indie mp games will probably just rent servers from Sony for cheap...not sure how all that stuff works but I think since online play requires money on both consoles, both have cloud, cloud means dedicated servers, why would they not all have dedicated servers?

Why would anyone want to put up their own servers when you can just ask Sony to do it for them?

So the point is, IF all games will have dedicated servers, should we proceed to make a thread about every game saying that it will have them? Unless again, this would make more sense if other games did not have them or not all had them.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I'm thinking all next-gen games will have dedicated servers. The indie mp games will probably just rent servers from Sony for cheap...not sure how all that stuff works but I think since online play requires money on both consoles, both have cloud, cloud means dedicated servers, why would they not all have dedicated servers?

Why would anyone want to put up their own servers when you can just ask Sony to do it for them?

So the point is, IF all games will have dedicated servers, should we proceed to make a thread about every game saying that it will have them? Unless again, this would make more sense if other games did not have them or not all had them.
    We just came off of a generation that for the most part didn't have any. And we also don't have confirmation that EVERY game will have dedicated servers on Xbox One.

Superior Member
    it would be cool if they ran dedicated from the get go, then as time goes by and the game isn't played as much, they could drop it back to p2p.
    i like how i can play some der riese whenever i want to no matter how far down the track it is
    Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4404/lbj.gif

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    We just came off of a generation that for the most part didn't have any. And we also don't have confirmation that EVERY game will have dedicated servers on Xbox One.
    There's no doubt in my mind that every game will have dedicated servers. You have the technology, why not? For developers to have their own servers, they will be incurring more costs to themselves (which is especially highly unlikely on Xbox because MS had set up their own servers last gen) or they'd charge you for it (which we know will never happen).

So maybe for games that don't have dedicated servers, it's likely that both Sony and MS will provide those as I think Sony is also done with giving away free server support. Either way if you have cloud then it's likely better to just go that way rather than setting up separate servers, probably won't be good when you think of economies of scale.

It's still possible that not all games might (small indie ones) but more than likely all normal games should have dedicated servers.

Thread Information