Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I had power at the house, just no FiOS TV service or internet, the FiOS ONT (Optical Network Terminal) power supply in my garage decided to blow out.
    Oh ok... But even though that happened ,that still isn't a reason not to be always connected. The internet rarely goes down for extended period of times unless something drastic happens.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    What are the restrictions with an always online console?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    If the supposed 24hr online check is required for disc based games, when the disc is present. That's a restriction. Also, the required check-in for updates, features, etc. That's another restriction. If I want to update the Xbox, then I will. If I don't, then I won't. It should be my choice. My Xbox One shouldn't be non-functional based on a 24hr check.

3. Likes sainraja , Leviticus likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    If you have a tethering phone it would get you through that situation.

But if someone is stressed about being online and connected, the X1 isn't the choice for you, don't buy one if if it's so important to be offline.
    I didn't have a tethering capable phone at the time, but I am not stressed about being online, it is just the principle of the whole situation...it is just wrong in the way they are approaching the matter...there are much better ways to do what they are wanting to achieve without having so much backlash...it is fine if you like your games digital and want to install it and link it to your account, but they should at a minimal let you play the game on another console on a separate account using only the disc or if the internet is down and can't verify within 24 hours require you to insert the disc to play the game, but the way it is now they are just bending you guys over and giving it to you hard and you're taking it with a smile!
    Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 06-12-2013 at 21:51.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

5. Likes Leviticus, RaY_210 , VayMasters86 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    If the supposed 24hr online check is required for disc based games, when the disc is present. That's a restriction. Also, the required check-in for updates, features, etc. That's another restriction. If I want to update the Xbox, then I will. If I don't, then I won't. It should be my choice. My Xbox One shouldn't be non-functional based on a 24hr check.
    Didn't you say you were canceling if they still required 24 hour check in with disc in? I believe you did. What if they don't clear that specifically up. Hell, shoot MS am email and ask them. I'm sure they have a feed back and questions email.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Elite
    I didn't have a tethering capable phone at the time, but I am not stressed about being online, it is just the principle of the whole situation...it is just wrong in the way they are approaching the matter...there are much better ways to do what they are wanting to achieve without having so much backlash...it is fine if you like your games digital and want to install it and link it to your account, but they should at a minimal let you play the game on another console on a separate account using only the disc or if the internet is down and can't verify within 24 hours require you to insert the disc to play the game, but the way it is now they are just bending you guys over and giving it to you hard and your taking it with a smile!
    I personally would have done it a different way, and Microsoft still has time to adjust things before launch and even after launch when they update OS.

But if you watch the full clip, he explains that they did do research, they decided to go after broadband consumers, and they think being connected will offer a better experience and offer advantages.

If i was running things, i would keep the disc based games the same as now.
    And offer digital download games with all the cool stuff like sharing with your family members and playing your game collection by logging on to your friends console.

That way people would adjust more naturally.

Apprentice
    There is a reason why Microsoft are losing fan base and this comment made it worst

Microsoft lost are Sony's gain
    Last edited by Super Manning; 06-12-2013 at 18:02.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    What are the restrictions with an always online console?

Making sure the games you are playing isn't a used game that came from an unapproved friend, non-participating retailer, etc.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post

But if you watch the full clip, he explains that they did do research, they decided to go after broadband consumers, and they think being connected will offer a better experience and offer advantages.
    Only for MS. I agree that game and OS updates in the background are a nice feature but they could have made it optional.

For the cloud, for sure, since you have to be connected to take advantage of the cloud.

So far a mandatory connection only benefits MS. If I don't want it then it's really not a benefit to me.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Soldier 95B
    And this is a problem, why?

He doesn't have Internet?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Even if Microsoft pulls a 180 and does everything that Sony is doing I am still not giving them my money now...it is the same as having a child do something bad, then you yell and punish them to have them say they are sorry and then giving them a piece of candy as a reward, you are just approving the bad behavior.

13. Likes Two4DaMoney , VayMasters86 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    He doesn't have Internet?
    Have you ever stopped to think about why people are annoyed with the required connection and not being so short sighted of the problem? It's not the required connection that most have a problem with. It's the $#@! that it brings with it. Such as controlling the used game and rental market, how you access your content, and what you can and can't do with the game that you paid money for unlike previous eras in console gaming.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Don Mattrick's tard moment, kinda like "get a second job" eh? lol
    Never really liked the guy, his face bugs me.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Don Mattrick's tard moment, kinda like "get a second job" eh? lol
    Never really liked the guy, his face bugs me.
    While I am glad Ken Kutaragi helped get the Playstation to where it is, he was also the source of a lot of Sony's arrogance in the past, so I am very glad they shuffled everything up over there. Right now I think Sony has a stellar team and hope that they don't change their views!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Didn't you say you were canceling if they still required 24 hour check in with disc in? I believe you did. What if they don't clear that specifically up. Hell, shoot MS am email and ask them. I'm sure they have a feed back and questions email.
    Yes, I said I wouldn't buy it if there's a 24hr check with the disc in. If they don't clear it up specifically, then I'll know one way or the other when I get it in my home. Shoot MS an email? Really... they have that generic reply already written.

Elite Sage
    Even if Microsoft pulls a 180 and does everything that Sony is doing I am still not giving them my money now...it is the same as having a child do something bad, then you yell and punish them to have them say they are sorry and then giving them a piece of candy as a reward, you are just approving the bad behavior.
    There are some some people who would never buy xbox regardless of the restrictions. You could be one of those people, but it's your choice. If publishers want to take a risk with this, then it's their choice. Let them do it, and if it fails, they will have learned a lesson. It's a free market system and they have the right to try to make more money. We as customers have a right to reject it by not buying the product. It's ok for gamestop to benefit from the free market but not the game makers? That makes no sense to me.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Yes, I said I wouldn't buy it if there's a 24hr check with the disc in. If they don't clear it up specifically, then I'll know one way or the other when I get it in my home. Shoot MS an email? Really... they have that generic reply already written.
    Don't you think Microsoft would mention if you could play your disc games offline for as long as you want? That would completely change everything that is being discussed.

21. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Lol probably right.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There are some some people who would never buy xbox regardless of the restrictions. You could be one of those people, but it's your choice. If publishers want to take a risk with this, then it's their choice. Let them do it, and if it fails, they will have learned a lesson. It's a free market system and they have the right to try to make more money. We as customers have a right to reject it by not buying the product. It's ok for gamestop to benefit from the free market but not the game makers? That makes no sense to me.
    Before their event I was 100% going to get both consoles, but after watching the event and hearing every nut punch after nut punch there is no way I could bring myself to support such a system, at this point I would buy a Wii U before a XB1 as sad as that sounds...

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    And some people will defend MS no matter what. Doesn't matter either way.

How exactly is restricting free trade of used products "free market"?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Elite Sage
    Before their event I was 100% going to get both consoles, but after watching the event and hearing every nut punch after nut punch there is no way I could bring myself to support such a system, at this point I would buy a Wii U before a XB1 as sad as that sounds...
    And you have every right to do that, just like they a right to take this sort of risk. I understand why people are upset, and just because some accept it doesn't mean they all agree with it. So I disagree when people say they are being screwed over, because I don't see it. It's not like they are putting out the product and not informing you of the restrictions. They are saying this is the direction we are going and if it isn't for you, don't buy it or just stick to xbox360. Sometimes change isn't easy and there is a chance that in the future that console hardware may be obsolete in bringing games to customers.

And some people will defend MS no matter what. Doesn't matter either way.

Well i'm just accepting it but if that's defending it to you, then so be it. I'm just not looking at the whole thing from one view.
    How exactly is restricting free trade of used products "free market"?

Because it's their product and they have the right to do it. Sony had free online multi-player but now they charge a fee. It's their right to do that with their product. This is really no different.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 06-12-2013 at 19:31.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    So Microsoft to do something like this. Until they unveil their policies in an official press release, telling me something I am ok with, I will be watching. And to the people who are gullible enough to act like anything we've heard as of yet isn't cause for concern or actually means something good, deserve to be screwed over it.

I mean seriously! you'd wonder if we were watching the same interview or something! A new 360 model if you don't want to be connected. HELLO! You CANT play ONE game on a 360!!!!!!!! If that didn't scream SCREW YOU, WE DO WHAT WE WANT" I don't know what the hell will.

And you have every right to do that, just like they a right to take this sort of risk. I understand why people are upset, and just because some accept it doesn't mean they all agree with it. So I disagree when people say they are being screwed over, because I don't see it. It's not like they are putting out the product and not informing you of the restrictions. They are saying this is the direction we are going and if it isn't for you, don't buy it or just stick to xbox360. Sometimes change isn't easy and there is a chance that in the future that console hardware may be obsolete in bringing games to customers.

Well i'm just accepting it but if that's defending it to you, then so be it. I'm just not looking at the whole thing from one view.

Because it's their product and they have the right to do it. Sony had free online multi-player but now they charge a fee. It's their right to do that with their product. This is really no different.
    So free market ends when someone buys the game. Ok. Yep, they have every right to make it so their console tracks where you bought a game and who you share it with and they can shut that game down if you don't follow all their rules.

We will see how all that plays out for them.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    So Microsoft to do something like this. Until they unveil their policies in an official press release, telling me something I am ok with, I will be watching. And to the people who are gullible enough to act like anything we've heard as of yet isn't cause for concern or actually means something good, deserve to be screwed over it.

I mean seriously! you'd wonder if we were watching the same interview or something! A new 360 model if you don't want to be connected. HELLO! You CANT play ONE game on a 360!!!!!!!! If that didn't scream SCREW YOU, WE DO WHAT WE WANT" I don't know what the hell will.
    You aren't being screwed over if you don't buy the product.

Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    So free market ends when someone buys the game. Ok. Yep, they have every right to make it so their console tracks where you bought a game and who you share it with and they can shut that game down if you don't follow all their rules.

We will see how all that plays out for them.
    Who knows how it will play out. Like I said before, if the masses reject it they will have learned a tough lesson and suffer because of it, but they have every right to attempt it. There seems to be a bit of a double standard in all this though.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 06-12-2013 at 20:09.

You aren't being screwed over if you don't buy the product.
    MS marketing strategy in a nutshell.

30. Likes Ixion likes this post

Thread Information