Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    MS marketing strategy in a nutshell.
    That's just common sense bro and that goes for any other product out there.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    My screwed over interpretation. If you don't buy it, you're not being screwed over. If you do buy it, and you didn't like it before you even bought it, you're not getting screwed over. If you buy it, and like it, you're not being screwed over.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    And you have every right to do that, just like they a right to take this sort of risk. I understand why people are upset, and just because some accept it doesn't mean they all agree with it. So I disagree when people say they are being screwed over, because I don't see it. It's not like they are putting out the product and not informing you of the restrictions. They are saying this is the direction we are going and if it isn't for you, don't buy it or just stick to xbox360. Sometimes change isn't easy and there is a chance that in the future that console hardware may be obsolete in bringing games to customers.
    True, no one is forcing you to buy the console, but if you bottom ever gets sore and you need a seat cushion just let me know!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Have you ever stopped to think about why people are annoyed with the required connection
    Yup. And acknowledged it a million times.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    If the supposed 24hr online check is required for disc based games, when the disc is present. That's a restriction. Also, the required check-in for updates, features, etc. That's another restriction. If I want to update the Xbox, then I will. If I don't, then I won't. It should be my choice. My Xbox One shouldn't be non-functional based on a 24hr check.
    while i understand what your saying....

regards 24 hour thing, i thought you installed the game then did not need the disk in the drive?

as regards updates of software and system, i pay for Plus so that it does auto updates on my PS3. i can only see auto updates of the system as a good thing for Xbox ONE.

again, i hear what your saying as regards the 24hour non functional thing and i'm wondering if that is right, how will MS get around me turning of the power my electrical sockets when i go on holiday?

Forum Elder
    Making sure the games you are playing isn't a used game that came from an unapproved friend, non-participating retailer, etc.
    i don't consider not being able to play used games as a problem as i'd not use them.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    He doesn't have Internet?
    why would anyone think of buying an Xbox ONE when they know it needs to be online?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There are some some people who would never buy xbox regardless of the restrictions. You could be one of those people, but it's your choice. If publishers want to take a risk with this, then it's their choice. Let them do it, and if it fails, they will have learned a lesson. It's a free market system and they have the right to try to make more money. We as customers have a right to reject it by not buying the product. It's ok for gamestop to benefit from the free market but not the game makers? That makes no sense to me.
    on the money.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    while i understand what your saying....

regards 24 hour thing, i thought you installed the game then did not need the disk in the drive?

as regards updates of software and system, i pay for Plus so that it does auto updates on my PS3. i can only see auto updates of the system as a good thing for Xbox ONE.

again, i hear what your saying as regards the 24hour non functional thing and i'm wondering if that is right, how will MS get around me turning of the power my electrical sockets when i go on holiday?
    That's the premise right now. I think that the 24hr check is for digital games online. I think it is, and should be, if the disc is present, you don't have to do the 24hr check thing. It's BS for the requirement.

I also pay for PS+, and I welcome the updates, etc., but they aren't required. My PS3 works for years w/o a single online connection.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    i don't consider not being able to play used games as a problem as i'd not use them.
    You're good then. Between myself and my two sons buying new all the time and not having the option to trade games in isn't cool.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Elder
    i think people are just not accepting of the fact that MS are wanting to try something new, and to make cloud work they need online consoles.

they don't need to buy the Xbox ONE, problem solved. but they feel the constant need for whining on about it and have a serious problem in accepting that people don't have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I also pay for PS+, and I welcome the updates, etc., but they aren't required. My PS3 works for years w/o a single online connection.
    and there is your answer, stick with the PS3.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Were you ever going to buy an Xbox One?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Eventually, if the drm wasn't there.

As of now...
    DRM + $499 for the weaker console = hell no

The $#@! do you care for anyways? I'll keep posting in this section as I see fit.

@the thumbs down. Why you mad tho? You mad that I read your mind about trying to tell me not to post here? You'll be ok.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 06-12-2013 at 21:24.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Forum Elder
    You're good then. Between myself and my two sons buying new all the time and not having the option to trade games in isn't cool.
    and that is why i don't have a problem with anything i've read about what MS are or are supposedly doing.

if you have a problem with not being able to sell your games or even play second hand. why are you even talking about Xbox ONE?

there are quite a few other consoles out or coming out that will meet your needs, moaning about Xbox ONE not being able to meet your needs when other consoles can, mystifies me.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    i think people are just not accepting of the fact that MS are wanting to try something new, and to make cloud work they need online consoles.

they don't need to buy the Xbox ONE, problem solved. but they feel the constant need for whining on about it and have a serious problem in accepting that people don't have a problem with it.

and there is your answer, stick with the PS3.
    They can try all the new $#@! they want, I am just scared as hell that the way they are wanting to implement DRM is the future! Looks at Microsoft's track record...not exactly one that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yet you belittle people by saying guess he doesn't have internet?

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

15. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    ^ (at all the above really) .
    Sony Defence Force is dead. Has been revived as Microsoft Products: Public Perception and Control Working Party (same firm that Kim Jong Un uses)...

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    and that is why i don't have a problem with anything i've read about what MS are or are supposedly doing.

if you have a problem with not being able to sell your games or even play second hand. why are you even talking about Xbox ONE?

there are quite a few other consoles out or coming out that will meet your needs, moaning about Xbox ONE not being able to meet your needs when other consoles can, mystifies me.
    Uh.....cuz I enjoy Xbox games and I've paid enough to Microsoft over the years to be able to $#@! about their ridiculous policies going into the next generation. Cuz keeping quiet and "accepting" it isn't going to change anything.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Elder
    Uh.....cuz I enjoy Xbox games and I've paid enough to Microsoft over the years to be able to $#@! about their ridiculous policies going into the next generation. Cuz keeping quiet and "accepting" it isn't going to change anything.
    good point.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

As of now...

The $#@! do you care for anyways? I'll keep posting in this section as I see fit.

@the thumbs down. Why you mad tho? You mad that I read your mind about trying to tell me not to post here? You'll be ok.
    i simply asked a question. paranoid much....

Superior Member
    Exactly! I have been with MS since the beginning. Been through multiple 360's due to the RROD, overspent on peripherals and was always a loyal customer. This is the thanks we get; An under-powered console that has draconian DRM and connectivity requirements and has announced fewer launch titles than Sony has exclusives.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Soldier 95B

Well the Xbox One has the best line up of games, has the infamous Xbox Live, has substantial power, cloud support, multitasking and a slew of new features. Hard to pass that by. Can't wait to own both consoles. Woot!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Guys, please be respectful of others.

33x

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    His new nickname needs to be "Dip$#@!" Don Mattrick...they really need to can this guy before he does any more damage!
    When I see his name written down or hear his name I always think of that robot in Space balls

Dot Matrix

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

As of now...

i simply asked a question. paranoid much....
    Guys, please nip THIS in the ass before it escalates! Thanks!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Apprentice

That was a nice way for him to say ''FK you, not my problem, you're not important. This is about the FUTURE, man.'' That's what I got out of it anyway. I mean, to be a microsoft fan has to suck right now. If there isn't a lot of MS loyalists that don't feel betrayed. Something is definately wrong with that picture. Reading the guys body language I almost thought he was going to say something like, "so what, who cares. It's Xbox."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwBmPiOmEGQ

The way of the future is in the link folks. Just replace 'HAL' with xbox..Next thing you know, They'll be making terminators. Microskynet...get it? anyone?..terminator reference/joke...nothing? Ok.

Thread Information