Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yea seems like a lot of games are doing it now. i guess it makes sense, you sometimes don't want or need to be in the game (especially a massive one like this) in order to actually do anything, kinda like you could probably do most of the stuff on a phone related to World of Warcraft so I get it.

but you'd need one badass tablet for this game. don't even think there's a tablet out there that can get remotely close to this.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    EDIT: you guys noticed the third guy coming in and his name had "tablet" next to it?
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I assume an iPad running smart glass, or an Windows 8 tablet running smartglass. I would so run a drone while at work

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I assume an iPad running smart glass, or an Windows 8 tablet running smartglass. I would so run a drone while at work
    Isn't smart glass exclusive to Xbox?

Soldier 95B
    I don't know. I thought Smart Glass was on PC too?

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGenGamer2000 View Post
    Or on other consoles and just call it second screen...
    I have no idea. I just saw "TABLET" under the name. Clearly they support TABLET controls.

Forum Elder
    smartglass is an MS app that runs on apple tablets/phones, android tablets/phones (I use it with my 360 through Galaxy Note) and windows device's to control some things on 360 and a lot more on Xbox ONE.

the Battlefield demo showed it being used for a missile strike.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 06-15-2013 at 18:19.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    smartglass is an MS app that runs on apple tablets/phones, android tablets/phones (I use it with my 360 through Galaxy Note) and windows device's.
    So since Smartglass runs on PC as well as all those devices, wouldn't you be able to use it with a PS4 game like Division, if they implement SmartGlass support? Maybe you can use an iPad with SmartGlass on either console?

Forum Overseer
    I see smart glass on my windows 8 but i didn't know i could use it for other consoles. I just assumed it was Xbox exclusive.

Soldier 95B
    I see smart glass on my windows 8 but i didn't know i could use it for other consoles. I just assumed it was Xbox exclusive.
    Maybe it is Xbox exclusive. I have no idea. I just launch it once in a blue moon on my iPad to see what friends are on instead of booting up my Xbox to see. I don't use Smartglass for anything else.

Forum Elder
    So since Smartglass runs on PC as well as all those devices, wouldn't you be able to use it with a PS4 game like Division, if they implement SmartGlass support? Maybe you can use an iPad with SmartGlass on either console?
    its tied to your Xbox username, so I don't think it would ever work with Sony hardware. of course, that's not to say Sony won't bring out something similar for PS3/4.

if you have not tried it and have a tablet, give it a go, it gives you an Xbox 360 style interface and works really well.
    along with my phone, I use it on a cheap 10inch Arches 101, and it works very well.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Maybe it is Xbox exclusive. I have no idea. I just launch it once in a blue moon on my iPad to see what friends are on instead of booting up my Xbox to see. I don't use Smartglass for anything else.
    As far as the consoles it could be.

Soldier 95B
    http://gengame.net/2013/02/playstati...ts-smartglass/

Sony is really looking to cover all their bases with the PlayStation 4, and that includes stepping up their game when it comes to the “two screen experience.” Sony has been aiming to increase cross play between the PlayStation 3 and the Vita, and their eventual goal is to make every PlayStation 4 game playable on the Vita, but they aren’t stopping there.

Much like Microsoft’s SmartGlass, the PlayStation 4 will have an app for iOS and Android devices that allows them to act as secondary screen. This will allow players to access information about the game they’re playing, make purchases for the console, and “remotely watch other gamers playing on their devices.”

Paired with the PlayStation Vita’s cross play and remote play functions, this will give Sony fans several options that allow for similar gaming experiences to SmartGlass and the Wii U GamePad.

Thread Information