Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Immigration

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Yes you can. It's embarrassingly easy actually. It happens all the time.
    Getting away with it is NOT the same as being correct. Yes, you can be a criminal if you want, happens all of the time. Prisons are full of people who pick and choose which laws they want to follow, and prison is precisely where people who pick and choose which laws they want to follow belong.

Ah. So you've never gone above the speed limit, made illegal turns, walked across the street illegally, or used copyrighted materials (images) before? You've never sung 'Happy Birthday'? That's rather impressive, if oddly strict and unnecessary.
    If I've ever broken the law then I've paid for my crimes through proper legal channels. Paid fines, served time, whatever was and is required.

In the case of immigration violations, that would usually mean deportation.

Because every individual created the nation they have today, right? It was the peasant's fault that Joseph Stalin created a secret Police? It was the Jews' fault that Hitler hunted them down and killed them? Is it your or my fault that crime exists within the USA now, and that my neighbor's home was broken into? Well no, of course not. That's ridiculous.
    And it's not my fault that Mexico is a crap hole, so why should I be forced to pay to help bail them out by giving them American citizenship when they have NOT followed the proper immigration laws? Why do they deserve American jobs?

Everyone is entitled to bettering their quality of life. You can't deny them that right.
    No one is denying them that right? But bettering their quality of life does NOT require US citizenship. They have their own country, they have the right to stay there and improve their own country and their lives there. They have NO RIGHT to US Citizenship. NONE!

The only people who have a right to US citizenship are native/natural born Americans and immigrants who serve in the US military and receive an honorable discharge.

And for the record, my wife is an immigrant. She's lived in the US for 38 years as a 100% LEGAL Permanent Resident Alien. I am NOT against immigration, but I as well as my wife and absolutely against any amnesty, fast track, or easy path to immigrants of a single race. The US should be about equality, Hispanics should have to jump through all of the same legal hoops that my wife and her family had to go through to get here legally, and if they don't then they should be deported.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    But they aren't are they? They are currently breaking the law. Obama is not meant to be merciful, he is meant to take care of $#@! like this, not just let them slide because they have it bad in Mexico. We aren't the world police, if Mexico is bad, then stay there and try to make it better.

I do agree with not forcing American's to learn a different language. If you can't speak the language, learn it now.
    See, there's two sides in a coin. While I do not agree with you with the bolded part, I fully agree with it. Sometimes $#@! here goes up so much that for most people the only solution is to flee the country for good. Keep in mind that people leave their home and their family behind to work their ass off and seek for a brighter future. In a way, this is how the world has always been since the times of colonization.

However, I fully agree with you too. Why leave? If home is bad, make it better! It's up to people to make things better. No one wins if everyone gives up and leaves. The only way to make it right is to put the balls in the table and push together as a country.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

3. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    You're all immigrants anyway.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post

Technically, yes. lol

El Presidente

Touche sir!

Apart from Native Americans yes.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    We all came from somewhere and it was just a life changing thing... Now it is worse because back then we never knew truly how to deal with it without guns and now we try and deal with it with guns and dead polices and ?
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Someone has to make it better. The change has to start somewhere and unfortunately the people who start that change probably won't live to see the end result. That will be a long process. What can Mexico do? Try to make the change to create a better country for the people to live in or sit on their hands and let the cartels have control essentially forever?
    The statement that it takes a person to create change goes entirely without saying, but it's totally besides the point in every way. All of this is overlooking the life and challenges of the average person -- It's always easier to criticize than to actually understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Getting away with it is NOT the same as being correct. Yes, you can be a criminal if you want, happens all of the time. Prisons are full of people who pick and choose which laws they want to follow, and prison is precisely where people who pick and choose which laws they want to follow belong.
    Most laws deal with non-violent crimes, so I can't say I agree that those who 'pick and choose' belong in prison. But that's besides the subject at hand.

And it's not my fault that Mexico is a crap hole, so why should I be forced to pay to help bail them out by giving them American citizenship when they have NOT followed the proper immigration laws? Why do they deserve American jobs?
    How is giving them American citizen forcing you to bail them out, and how is it harmful to you? They deserve jobs because they need ways to support themselves and their families.

No one is denying them that right? But bettering their quality of life does NOT require US citizenship. They have their own country, they have the right to stay there and improve their own country and their lives there. They have NO RIGHT to US Citizenship. NONE!
    That's nice. So what is the solution (from a single person's perspective) to better Mexico? Clearly it's a simple and easily achievable one.

The US should be about equality, Hispanics should have to jump through all of the same legal hoops that my wife and her family had to go through to get here legally, and if they don't then they should be deported.
    I personally like the idea of working to improve people's lives rather than harming them. So I approve of working to make them legal citizens if possible. But that's an idealistic want.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

El Presidente
    @Rapture I don't live there and haven't experienced what citizens there have been through. But please don't assume I'm completely ignorant to it either. Do I have first hand experience? No. But do I recognize and understand what happens to people in that country? Yes. There is nothing difficult about understanding the consequences of poverty and violence that are so rampant in Mexico and many other countries.

I'm not criticizing, simply stating what needs to be done by not only the government but the average person who wants things to change. It takes more than one person to do it.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Unbound Mercenary

Most likely we are all from generations of immigrants. Everyone came from somewhere. lol
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    What about the single mothers who are on food stamps? I bet they'd take a job at Popeyes or McDonald's in a heart beat.
    Yeah, probably most, but not all.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Most laws deal with non-violent crimes, so I can't say I agree that those who 'pick and choose' belong in prison. But that's besides the subject at hand.
    So you would be fine with someone coming into your house while you were out and taking everything you own, accessing your bank account and taking everything you have there, and stealing your car on the way out, since it was non-violent?

I find that many people pick and choose when to adhere to their own morals as well.

How is giving them American citizen forcing you to bail them out, and how is it harmful to you? They deserve jobs because they need ways to support themselves and their families.
    It is harmful to me because I have to pay to support them. Or are you suggesting they all have bought and paid for their own homes, they all have health insurance, and they all make plenty of money to not require any government assistance at any time?

Because I can show you where the government itself says that illegal aliens cost Americans $113 Billion annually in government assistance alone.

And then there is the added crime, but I guess in your mind illegal aliens don't commit crimes, those crimes don't have victims, and there is no cost to anyone, right?

Keep in mind we haven't even begun to discuss the harm of having a subclass of worker who is willing to take far below normal and sometimes below legal pay for doing a job that could be going to an American citizen. But having millions of out work Americans isn't harming anyone, we should instead be obligated to helping Mexicans who are in this country illegally, is that about right?

That's nice. So what is the solution (from a single person's perspective) to better Mexico? Clearly it's a simple and easily achievable one.
    Easy in theory, yes. All the Mexican people have to do is get sick of the crime and corruption and fight back. Have a revolution.

Now for my counter-question. If you're going to give these illegals amnesty and American citizenship, then what about the other 112 million Mexicans? Are you going to give all of them amnesty and American citizenship too if they come across the border? Are you just going to dismantle the border controls and immigration system entirely and allow everyone to come in with no restrictions?

Or are you suggesting some sort of double-standard policy where some illegals get an easy path and others don't? Because then all of your "they have it so bad" sob stories turns into so much bull$hit. You don't care about them, you only care about a select group of them that could potentially effect elections.

I personally like the idea of working to improve people's lives rather than harming them. So I approve of working to make them legal citizens if possible. But that's an idealistic want.
    So, you're willing to harm American citizens in favor of illegal aliens, and you think taking jobs away from American citizens, making them pay more taxes, forcing more crime on them, making them victims is a good thing because you get to help criminals who are breaking the law.

Strange set of morals you have there boy. Clearly idealistic, unrealistic, and childish.

If you REALLY like the idea of helping others, come up with a plan that places ZERO burden on American citizens. If you can't then you're hurting Americans in preference to illegal foreigners, and that's dangerously close to being a traitor to your own country and people.

Friendship is Carrots
    So you would be fine with someone coming into your house while you were out and taking everything you own, accessing your bank account and taking everything you have there, and stealing your car on the way out, since it was non-violent?
    Stressing the scenario rarely makes a good argument and shows you've not at all attempted to understand or rationalize anything I've said. I never stated or implied anything like this. There's an blatant and obvious difference between a crime like this and something much less egregious and petty.

It is harmful to me because I have to pay to support them. Or are you suggesting they all have bought and paid for their own homes, they all have health insurance, and they all make plenty of money to not require any government assistance at any time?
    I was never under the guise that immigrants (legal or otherwise) were not aided financially by tax dollars. That would have been ridiculous. My point though was how is this harming you; or do you consider tax dollars harmful? Because your tax dollars go to far more nefarious things than simply helping people live better lives. Personally, I'm not too offended at the notion that my tax dollars helped another human being, but based on the responses I've received that makes me a crazy man it seems.

And then there is the added crime, but I guess in your mind illegal aliens don't commit crimes, those crimes don't have victims, and there is no cost to anyone, right?
    Again, this just further shows you have difficulty grasping arguments to your point. This here is simply fallacious in its response. Bad CA, shame on you.

Easy in theory, yes. All the Mexican people have to do is get sick of the crime and corruption and fight back. Have a revolution.
    Oh man, you guys are a laugh. "C'mon people, just rally together and fight the well-armed, politically powerful crime lords and gangs! Have a revolution, or something. It's easy!" This is just a woefully painful lack of insight into how the world works.

Or are you suggesting some sort of double-standard policy where some illegals get an easy path and others don't? Because then all of your "they have it so bad" sob stories turns into so much bull$hit. You don't care about them, you only care about a select group of them that could potentially effect elections.
    What.

Anyways, all I've stated was that I would prefer if we could legally and healthily integrate current immigrants easier, if possible. We could work to move those currently here to legal citizens, and if they resist then we deport them. I'm failing to see how horrible of an ideal this is. Afterwards, we streamline the immigration process. It seems rather simple to me.

If you REALLY like the idea of helping others, come up with a plan that places ZERO burden on American citizens. If you can't then you're hurting Americans in preference to illegal foreigners, and that's dangerously close to being a traitor to your own country and people.
    You're really trying on this one, aren't you? I wasn't aware the American people were above being decent human beings. Really, your easiness to classify anything I've stated as being anywhere near traitorous is completely laughable. Drop the egocentric American attitude already, it's extremely pathetic and dangerously misguided.

But go ahead, classify anyone who thinks differently as a terrorist or a traitor; it's not the first time I've seen Americans do this. After all it's always easier to make an enemy of your opposition than to actually understand them.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Some parts of this article are hilarious.

Thread Information