Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigration

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Immigration

What are your guys thoughts on the immigration problem in America?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    At least y'all kick out the illegal ones.

Lebanon now is like a Syrian colony now.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Truly do not know were i stand, it's the same all over the world. You either have a problem with it or don't

I do not think there is a real answer to it, because it will always happen
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Georges View Post
    At least y'all kick out the illegal ones.

Lebanon now is like a Syrian colony now.

You're joking right? The attempts at actually deporting illegal immigrants can only be described as pathetic. There are 13 million in the country right now.

Obama's plan? Make them citizens and spit in the face of all those that got their citizenship the legal way.
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Truly do not know were i stand, it's the same all over the world. You either have a problem with it or don't

I do not think there is a real answer to it, because it will always happen
    Well, thats all I was asking. Whither you support it or not.

5. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    well that is how i see it friend... There is no full on solution to this
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Obama is trying to be merciful. Yes, those people are illegal, but they have lived in the United States for so long. They moved here because they have it so hard in Mexico with the drug cartels. So Obama is giving them a chance to become U.S. citizens and have a good life here in the U.S.

Now, what I don't like is these illegal immigrants are taking jobs from legal citizens. Yes, these jobs are lowly and pay minimum wage, but they're still jobs. The mother who is on food stamps with children would gladly take a minimum wage job.

Another thing I don't like is the fact they work certain jobs and can't speak English. One of my favorite comedians went into popeyes and had a hard time ordering chicken because the guy spoke limited English. I believe if you work certain jobs, you need to be able to speak English because English is the major language of this country.

The illegal immigrants just need to man up and become legal citizens the official and rightful way.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Unbound Mercenary
    But they aren't are they? They are currently breaking the law. Obama is not meant to be merciful, he is meant to take care of $#@! like this, not just let them slide because they have it bad in Mexico. We aren't the world police, if Mexico is bad, then stay there and try to make it better.

I do agree with not forcing American's to learn a different language. If you can't speak the language, learn it now.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Either become a citizen, or gtfo.

10. Likes Georges likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    But they aren't are they? They are currently breaking the law. Obama is not meant to be merciful, he is meant to take care of $#@! like this, not just let them slide because they have it bad in Mexico. We aren't the world police, if Mexico is bad, then stay there and try to make it better.

I do agree with not forcing American's to learn a different language. If you can't speak the language, learn it now.
    The U.S. may not be world police, but we're world helpers. We helped Vietnam when they needed help, even though so many lives were lost.

I do however agree we help TOO much and at the cost of ourselves. We're helping Afghanistan (or Iraq, not sure which one) with building the country up again and that's probably contributing to our debt.

Any way, what Obama should do is give them a deadline on becoming a U.S. citizen. If you're in the U.S. for 3 years and have not become a U.S. through the new programs, you get deported. Either way, to be fair, they should help out the other immigrants from Asia, Europe and everywhere else too. Make a program to make it easier on them as well.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Either become a citizen, or gtfo.
    Basically sums up how I feel. Also please upgrade the border with a better fence. There are a lot of gaps too, close them.

You have to earn citizenship, do what you need to do to come here legally.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Any way, what Obama should do is give them a deadline on becoming a U.S. citizen. If you're in the U.S. for 3 years and have not become a U.S. through the new programs, you get deported. Either way, to be fair, they should help out the other immigrants from Asia, Europe and everywhere else too. Make a program to make it easier on them as well.
    The rule should be, if you aren't here legally, then you are breaking the law, and should be deported. Or try to do it legally, how everyone else had too.

Why? Why should it be easier now?

Veteran
    The rule should be, if you aren't here legally, then you are breaking the law, and should be deported. Or try to do it legally, how everyone else had too.

That is a good question. Maybe the administration finds the current immigrant process ridiculous. That would explain why Obama wants to reform Immigration.

He's got a program that makes it easier on Mexican immigrants, so make programs for all immigrants.

Elite Member

Now, what I don't like is these illegal immigrants are taking jobs from legal citizens. Yes, these jobs are lowly and pay minimum wage, but they're still jobs. The mother who is on food stamps with children would gladly take a minimum wage job.
    About this. . . my feeling is, if Americans were actually willing to do minimum wage jobs then they would be hired instead of illegals, but a lot don't because i feel a lot of Americans feel certain jobs are beneath them.

Like, if someone went to college and couldn't find work in their field then they'd hate working at like. . . Burger King, because that's the reason they went to school for IS TO NOT work at Burger King.

It's like this one comedian (I think) said. Parents tell you to go to school so you don't end up working at McDonald's, but then you do, and you can't find a job anyway, so then they expect you to go work at McDonald's.

Anyway, I'm cool with people coming here, but yeah. . . try to become a citizen and what not.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Elite Member
    The illegal immigrants just need to man up and become legal citizens the official and rightful way.
    If they didn't do it right the first time what make u think they will the second time. Given them amnesty will just encourage more illegals to come to the US, cause the word on the street will be "cross that line and u get automatic citizenship". Also what make these illegals so special that we need to give them amnesty? It is because their hard worker and want to have a better life? LOL that like saying ppl in Africa, China, Southeast Asia, Middle east are not hard worker enough to come to the US.

The reality is that a LOT of ppl want to come and live in the state and are willing to work hard. The only thing different between the one I mentioned and the 13millions illegals that keep coming here is a $#@!ing Ocean.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Nobody has jobs now because immigrants gladly do it for half the price. Shops are closing because immigrants get one right around the block and sell their stuff at a much lower price. Not only that, but they are also draining our limited ressources and there are more Syrians in here than Lebanese.
    We can't kick them out either, they outnumber us 4 to 3 and they can easily put sticks in our wheels

Anyway, if that's Obama's plan, than he's a dumbass.
    Single mothers and PhD holders are sitting jobless while Mexicans who jumped off the fence get jobs, and a Green Card. Why is saying no so hard?
    Last edited by Georges; 06-13-2013 at 11:08.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

Immigration

Immigration and illegal immigration are two different things. The first is manageable, the latter is always a problem.

Furthermore we should think twice before blaming the illegal immigrant that escaped poverty and not the person hiring him.

On the move with Tapatalk
    Last edited by MjW; 06-13-2013 at 15:45.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    What are your guys thoughts on the immigration problem in America?
    If you want people to read your posts, remove the weird effects from your text! It's a bit annoying to read to be honest.

Friendship is Carrots
    They're people too, and they're seeking better lives. I'd prefer if they got in by legal means, but given some people's situations that isn't always a possibility. These people are putting the life quality of themselves and their families above an arbitrary law. Any one of us would probably do the same in their position. Instead of deporting them, I think it's better to work to make them legal citizens.

We aren't the world police, if Mexico is bad, then stay there and try to make it better.
    This is an apathetic and ignorant response to the situation in Mexico. You must not be aware of how dangerous and powerful the cartels are, or how $#@!ty the economy and environment there is. 'Make it better'? By what methods can they do this? They can't. Especially when America's war on drugs is fueling the illegal drug market in other nations.

Because the system now is stupidly complicated and long. It takes some people years to get in legally.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

21. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    If they didn't do it right the first time what make u think they will the second time. Given them amnesty will just encourage more illegals to come to the US, cause the word on the street will be "cross that line and u get automatic citizenship". Also what make these illegals so special that we need to give them amnesty? It is because their hard worker and want to have a better life? LOL that like saying ppl in Africa, China, Southeast Asia, Middle east are not hard worker enough to come to the US.

The reality is that a LOT of ppl want to come and live in the state and are willing to work hard. The only thing different between the one I mentioned and the 13millions illegals that keep coming here is a $#@!ing Ocean.
    They are. I never thought or said they weren't.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    They're people too, and they're seeking better lives. I'd prefer if they got in by legal means, but given some people's situations that isn't always a possibility. These people are putting the life quality of themselves and their families above an arbitrary law. Any one of us would probably do the same in their position. Instead of deporting them, I think it's better to work to make them legal citizens.
    Hell no, you can't just pick and choose which laws you choose to follow. You either follow them all or non of them, there is no inbetween. And there is no way I would go to another country illegally, no matter my situation. I don't break laws.

Letting illegals become citizens is a big $#@! you to everyone that came here the legal way.

This is an apathetic and ignorant response to the situation in Mexico. You must not be aware of how dangerous and powerful the cartels are, or how $#@!ty the economy and environment there is. 'Make it better'? By what methods can they do this? They can't. Especially when America's war on drugs is fueling the illegal drug market in other nations.
    Were things always like this, no? Mexicans made mexico what it is today because of their actions. So they just suffer the consequences of their actions (good or bad). This thinking that people from worse off counties are entitled to come in live in better off countries is BS.

You reap what you sow, that is just how it is.

Because the system now is stupidly complicated and long. It takes some people years to get in legally.
    The system now has problems, but considering how many people want to come to the US, you are going to have problems no matter what. The focus should be on improving/fixing the visa/green card system. Not accommodating illegal immigrants.

24. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post
    About this. . . my feeling is, if Americans were actually willing to do minimum wage jobs then they would be hired instead of illegals, but a lot don't because i feel a lot of Americans feel certain jobs are beneath them.

Like, if someone went to college and couldn't find work in their field then they'd hate working at like. . . Burger King, because that's the reason they went to school for IS TO NOT work at Burger King.

It's like this one comedian (I think) said. Parents tell you to go to school so you don't end up working at McDonald's, but then you do, and you can't find a job anyway, so then they expect you to go work at McDonald's.

Anyway, I'm cool with people coming here, but yeah. . . try to become a citizen and what not.
    What about the single mothers who are on food stamps? I bet they'd take a job at Popeyes or McDonald's in a heart beat.

Forum Sage
    What about the single mothers who are on food stamps? I bet they'd take a job at Popeyes or McDonald's in a heart beat.
    http://www.aei.org/files/2012/07/11/...0063532278.pdf

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    This invisible wall thing they want to build is a joke... Either build it or open it, because the end result is not solution

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Hell no, you can't just pick and choose which laws you choose to follow. You either follow them all or non of them, there is no inbetween.
    Yes you can. It's embarrassingly easy actually. It happens all the time.

And there is no way I would go to another country illegally, no matter my situation. I don't break laws.
    Ah. So you've never gone above the speed limit, made illegal turns, walked across the street illegally, or used copyrighted materials (images) before? You've never sung 'Happy Birthday'? That's rather impressive, if oddly strict and unnecessary.

You reap what you sow, that is just how it is.
    Because every individual created the nation they have today, right? It was the peasant's fault that Joseph Stalin created a secret Police? It was the Jews' fault that Hitler hunted them down and killed them? Is it your or my fault that crime exists within the USA now, and that my neighbor's home was broken into? Well no, of course not. That's ridiculous.

This thinking that people from worse off counties are entitled to come in live in better off countries is BS.
    Everyone is entitled to bettering their quality of life. You can't deny them that right.

The system now has problems, but considering how many people want to come to the US, you are going to have problems no matter what. The focus should be on improving/fixing the visa/green card system. Not accommodating illegal immigrants.
    Duh.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Someone has to make it better. The change has to start somewhere and unfortunately the people who start that change probably won't live to see the end result. That will be a long process. What can Mexico do? Try to make the change to create a better country for the people to live in or sit on their hands and let the cartels have control essentially forever?

I would hope that there are Mexicans who have a sense of national pride and want to see their country improve. It's difficult and dangerous, that's putting it mildly but the change must start somewhere. Nobody wants to be 'that guy' who starts the change because he's a dead man walking but it must happen.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Thread Information