Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    This is what was said earlier. Devs will have the option of an online pass type of DRM, just like we have with the 360 and PS3 now.

This is noting like the One's DRM and connectivity requirement.
    Agreed.

Not sure why the OP or article chose to be uber-ominous about it.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Agreed.

Not sure why the OP or article chose to be uber-ominous about it.
    Let's face it, this really upset those that just assumed Sony would do the same thing.

I truly believe that Sony had some sort of DRM in place and scrapped it when they saw the backlash that MS was getting. They had an opportunity to really take it to MS and jumped on it.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Let's face it, this really upset those that just assumed Sony would do the same thing.

I truly believe that Sony had some sort of DRM in place and scrapped it when they saw the backlash that MS was getting. They had an opportunity to really take it to MS and jumped on it.
    I Think the same thing. Might be why they didn't give a month release window. Wanted to make sure they had time to iron out all the $#@! they had in place.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Sony is actually keeping F2P as F2P too, on top of not being all anal with DRM. PS4 has the PS3 method, nothing has changed...but that won't stop people looking for some anti-consumer spin on it.
    Yeah thats awesome that Sony is doing that. Like others have said you cant stop this train.

Veteran
    Well as long as Sony's PS4 is DRM free, why should you all worry? even publishers like EA have dropped out on Online Passes, so I don't see why you should be truly concerned about this.

Master Guru
    I don't think DRM is completely going away. We had it with the PS3 and 360. As long as it's not as strict as Microsoft is making it out to be i'm cool.

I'm still getting an Xbox One regardless of its policies. I can't stay away from great games.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah thats awesome that Sony is doing that. Like others have said you cant stop this train.
    O rly?
    I'm gonna take that as a challenge and try.

Here I come Kaz. Here I come.
    *puts on Iron Man suit*
    I am the oncoming storm.

Super Elite
    Since Sony is not implementing always online, even if publishers make it mandatory at add some DRM, restrictions I imagine you can still play single player all you have to do is not log in. On another note, Sony just became Retailers best friend, (Gamestop, BestBuy etc). What System do you think there going to be pushing from now on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I don't think DRM is completely going away. We had it with the PS3 and 360. As long as it's not as strict as Microsoft is making it out to be i'm cool.

I'm still getting an Xbox One regardless of its policies. I can't stay away from great games.
    The ironic contradictions in this post are delicious. Before you buy either console, know this. By buying the console, you are accepting all end user license agreements, terms of use agreements and agreements put in place by the respective games publishers, service providers and respective hardware makers, as is and you waive your right to hold these corporations liable for any and all wrong-doing, mistakes and/or accidents that may or may not come from your use or their introduction software or hardware modification of said products and services. By buying said products and services, you endorse any and all actions taken by the respective corporations and acknowledge that you don't truly own what you buy and that right of ownership truly lies with said respective corporations and that you accept any and all provisions set therein without regard to your constitutional rights or any other rights set forth from decades of precedence and litigation.

In my case, I fully reject and repudiate any and all conditions that will be set forth that violate any one of my constitutional or consumer rights.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    The ironic contradictions in this post are delicious. Before you buy either console, know this. By buying the console, you are accepting all end user license agreements, terms of use agreements and agreements put in place by the respective games publishers, service providers and respective hardware makers, as is and you waive your right to hold these corporations liable for any and all wrong-doing, mistakes and/or accidents that may or may not come from your use or their introduction software or hardware modification of said products and services. By buying said products and services, you endorse any and all actions taken by the respective corporations and acknowledge that you don't truly own what you buy and that right of ownership truly lies with said respective corporations and that you accept any and all provisions set therein without regard to your constitutional rights or any other rights set forth from decades of precedence and litigation.

In my case, I fully reject and repudiate any and all conditions that will be set forth that violate any one of my constitutional or consumer rights.
    Copy and paste job? I don't even, what is this?

At the end of the day millions will buy these consoles. There's nothing we can do about it except vent on social media, send them nasty letters, or whatever and hope they change their minds. They bring us this entertainment so it's ultimately their call at the end of the day.

Nobody can force Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo to entertain us and we can't force them to give us the policies we want. It's a privilege not a right that we can even game. It's just plastic and video games at the end of the day so whatever. I'm not missing out on great games over foolish $#@! and neither should any other gamer.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Edge title is definitely FUD and just want to generate some clicks. Sony stated that what you have on the PS3 now you will have on the PS4 as well. The only thing that publisher could implement is Online Pass but despite that NO DRM on PS4. It´s a real offline console. If you buy it on day one and never go on the internet you can still play EVERY single player game that will release the next 10 years. Period.

Superior Member

will wait for clarification........that Trentton interview after the show just opened up a dead zone where he says that as a publisher Sony's games will not require the DRM, but they wont get in the way of developers and publishers.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    will wait for clarification........that Trentton interview after the show just opened up a dead zone where he says that as a publisher Sony's games will not require the DRM, but they wont get in the way of developers and publishers.
    That was stated a very long time ago. It's one of the reasons EA most likely got rid of the online pass. Now that its in their hands, they'll probably take advantage of this on Sony's console since its already mandated for Xbox One. It's a way of saying "Look, it's gone!" But in reality it is still there and perhaps even more of a pain in the ass. We'll see though. Still got a few months.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    That was stated a very long time ago. It's one of the reasons EA most likely got rid of the online pass. Now that its in their hands, they'll probably take advantage of this on Sony's console since its already mandated for Xbox One. It's a way of saying "Look, it's gone!" But in reality it is still there and perhaps even more of a pain in the ass. We'll see though. Still got a few months.
    I somewhat felt misled at their conference when they said they wouldnt have all that MS had and then to go on and change their stance later.

I honestly didnt like what MS had, but in recent light of how you can share games and just how little data is needed to ping, i dont think that it that huge a negative. If Sony were to do the same, i dont feel it would be as huge an issue, just dont like it when they went out and said one thing when they actually knew it was factually wrong
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    Yup, nothing is changing from the PS3 to the PS4. They can try to spin it anyway they want with their "sources" but there have been multiple Sony people that have laid out exactly what their policies will be for the PS4, including Trentton, Yoshida, and Rohde. Edge is clearly trying to stir stuff up to get clicks by being misleading, that's all that article is.

I don't think everyone is getting this. Sony is not putting any DRM on their console, but that doesn't mean that there won't be any DRM from third party publishers. Companies like EA can still put DRM on their games if they choose too, but they will have to use third party software to do it. So potentially EA could make renting and selling used copies of their games a thing of the past, but that will just make people hate them even more and boycott them by not buying $hit them. Unlike Xbox One, Microsoft IS putting DRM built in to their console using their first party software.
    Last edited by RugerRellP89; 06-13-2013 at 11:20.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerRellP89 View Post
    I don't think everyone is getting this. Sony is not putting any DRM on their console, but that doesn't mean that there won't be any DRM from third party publishers. Companies like EA can still put DRM on their games if they choose too, but they will have to use third party software to do so.
    The only DRM publishers can use is in the form of some type of online pass. The only way publishers will be able to do this is by making their game online only(to completely restrict the game). Any DRM on offline play is completely restricted.

It is exactly the same as it is with the PS3 except that Sony won't use online passes at all and are discouraging third-parties from using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    The only DRM publishers can use is in the form of some type of online pass. The only way publishers will be able to do this is by making their game online only(to completely restrict the game). Any DRM on offline play is completely restricted.

It is exactly the same as it is with the PS3 except that Sony won't use online passes at all and are discouraging third-parties from using them.
    Can anybody else confirm this? That would be badass if Sony has a policy like this.

hello dear ps fans , please forgive my poor english , i check psu all the time and as a playstation fan i enjoy the news and coverage this site provides , however something is making me mad recently and the problem is this guy Sith . i cant stand this guy , if he is a microsoft fanboy then what the hell is he doing in this site , its obviously Playstation Universe and if not what is wrong with him , he always post misleading threads and is trying to make sony look rubbish and bad . ( i dont care if he has 7 thousand posts)
    i am using this site for many years and didnt created an account because i cant write english very well but i created this user just to say my feeling . i think many others are like me and hate this guy , please ban him . he is making many people like me not to visit this website anymore , for a ps fan like me i just read playsation related websites and i think no playsation fan wants to see somebody annoying like Sith in a playsation related website .
    thank you and again sorry for my bad english .

20. Likes kL9023 likes this post

Thread Information