Apprentice

Rage (Game) impressions

Hey guys, I know it's years old but just wanted to talk about this game. I'm 1 hour in but according to the main missions I'd say I'm 25-30% in?

First off, wow it's a beauty but it has it's problems. I can't help but feel this game should've been on PS4. The texture pop in is god awful. Turn around and texture pop in, turn back to where you were originally looking and texture pop in. What was the point in a mandatory 8GB install?

The combat is great. Love the shotgun and wing stick. It's so satisfying getting a wing stick kill with the baddies getting their heads chopped off I'm digging the multi tiered approach to the bullets as well.

Story. It reminds me of an RPGS in that you go to people for quests/missions. I personally like this but the world so far doesn't leave much to do other than the missions. There are a few side missions but....yeah nothing to write home about.

I just bought it today at Sainsburys for 8 so I'm enjoying it. I mainly bought it for a little game till Last of Us. It will keep me entertained anyway

What do you guys think of it? Did you enjoy it when you played it? The story length being so short did that annoy or upset you? Or did you know going into it, it's like a 5-6 hour shooter?

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Master Poster

I didn't know it was so short so when it ended I wasn't sure what was going on because i was saving all my heavy weapons for a final boss that never came.
    otherwise I did really enjoy what it had to offer.

Apprentice
    I'm super confused, I'm at the half way point of the game and I'm less than 2 hours in. I checked how long to beat this game and its clocked at 10 hours? Unless this game gets padded (racing does this but it's easy enough) I don't think I'll see 10 hours worth of gameplay.

Can anyone shed some light on how long they took to beat it? I'm doing main quests mostly

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It took me about 12 or 13 hours or so to beat the game, including all the side stuff.

Personally, I think it's a very solid game. The core gameplay feels very good and the graphics are obviously very detailed. It has good pacing and variety as well.

This game just needed a good story to make it a great game. Either that or more RPG elements and quests.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    The game is pretty decent if you just look at the technical aspects. The graphics are good. The game play is solid, perhaps not spectacular, but there's nothing inherently bad about it. Except perhaps the fact the game doesn't offer head shot kills, and bad guys increasingly become bullet sponges.

The problems are all on the story side, the characters are a bit bland, the story is very short and really doesn't go anywhere, and it feels incomplete.

Apprentice
    Agreed. I can't help but feel I'm playing a glorified tech demo to be honest

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anderlation View Post
    Agreed. I can't help but feel I'm playing a glorified tech demo to be honest
    And thats all it was. Complete with am emding that was stripped to be dlc but then canceled. Truat me you will see when you beat it. Rage was a pos.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

I have never played this game. But I have heard a lot about this game. It is really very entertaining game. Achieving the level of this game is not an easy and may take some time and skills.

Thread Information