Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Elite

Microsoft should be promoting this feature more

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...game-policies/

Since its announcement, there has been some confusion over the details of sharing your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members." Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details but he did clarify some things.
    For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.
    You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system, and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time. All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.

Sharing your games digitally? Sweet

This sounds great, and pretty much solves any problem with lending games out, you could share games with your buddy that went off to college, or your older brother that lives in another state, all without having to meet in person.
    Also, no disc to get lost or damaged, and you wont have to wait for your friend to return your game.

I think a lot of gamers would like this feature, but all i here is DRM complaints, well this is where digital really helps out with flexibility, more people need to hear this.

Soldier 95B
    Holy $#@!, now that is $#@!ing cool...with up to 10 people.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Can all 10 play at the same time?

Soldier 95B
    Not at the same time.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    It looks like the purchaser of the game can always play the games he bought, but the 10 people on your share have to share one copy at a time.
    Meaning you can a play your new game while another friend also plays it, but 3 or 4 people can't play that game at the same time.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    That is cool. And I didn't even know about this $#@!. They need to promote this feature extensively

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Yes this digital "crap" does have advantages.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    That is actually pretty cool.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    This is pretty cool. This is one advantage of digital games.

Master Sage
    Probably wanting to avoid all that since PS4 has no limits.

EDIT: Thought it was for the same machine.

Sounds like a good feature.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    It looks like the purchaser of the game can always play the games he bought, but the 10 people on your share have to share one copy at a time.
    Meaning you can a play your new game while another friend also plays it, but 3 or 4 people can't play that game at the same time.
    Holy $#@!. So I can give the game free to up to 10 people AND play my own with them.

Now that my friend is the shiznit. I wonder if anyone will lend me theirs lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Holy $#@!, now that is $#@!ing cool...with up to 10 people.
    This is the same issue PS3 had back in the day, 1 person buys it 10 people play it, lol.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    That's not bad. I don't see why Microsoft doesn't advertise that more. I'm quite sure a large number of people would forget about the DRM issues if they actually knew about this.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    This is the same issue PS3 had back in the day, 1 person buys it 10 people play it, lol.
    Yep.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    God damn that would be a reason to buy the Xbox One on day one.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Superior Member
    What the hell Microsoft! You should have advertised the hell out of this! This came to my mind when we first heard about the "up to 10 family members" thinking, well what would stop me from saying my friends are family members? This would work out very well for selling consoles if they would advertise it!

One person buys the games, the other 10 get to play your games....seems like a really sweet deal to me!
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Somehow I think this is getting confused. They said 10 family members during the conference, likely using the same machine. Because the Xbone links accounts to faces, if someone other than the primary account holder turns on the Xbone it will attempt to log into that players personal account, and if they were blocked from using games from another account they'd be blocked from using games actually installed on that machine.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Somehow I think this is getting confused. They said 10 family members during the conference, likely using the same machine. Because the Xbone links accounts to faces, if someone other than the primary account holder turns on the Xbone it will attempt to log into that players personal account, and if they were blocked from using games from another account they'd be blocked from using games actually installed on that machine.
    This is from Xbox.com-
    Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

Its a sharing feature, and is doesn't have to be in the same house, or on the same Xbox.

Forum Elder
    What..... MS come up with a good nextgen idea. dont believe it.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Isn't it obvious why they didn't promote it?

They don't know how to send the message out clear enough. Basically, "they just need to try it. Then they'll see our vision". Get the $#@! outta here, Don.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

21. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Superior Member
    This almost seems too good of a deal to be true. Maybe it would require all the "family" accounts to be on the main console and set up under the main account in order to be considered a family member??
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Willing to bet that the "family accounts" will actually be a family XBL membership.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Willing to bet that the "family accounts" will actually be a family XBL membership.
    They have eliminated the Family XBL membership.

Super Elite
    Heres another link about this-
    http://penny-arcade.com/report/artic...t-some-details

This sounds groundbreaking to me, get a game sharing group together from online friends, or maybe keep it small between a few real life gaming friends.
    But either way, you could save tons of money and still get to experience plenty of games.
    This is much better than trading a disc back and forth, thats limited compared to what this is looking like.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    Heres another link about this-
    http://penny-arcade.com/report/artic...t-some-details

This sounds groundbreaking to me, get a game sharing group together from online friends, or maybe keep it small between a few real life gaming friends.
    But either way, you could save tons of money and still get to experience plenty of games.
    This is much better than trading a disc back and forth, thats limited compared to what this is looking like.
    It's definitely a better feature than the game sharing potential that Sony did with the PS3/PSP. You could do the "sharing" among five devices. It had a little control though. This seems to be a progressive upgrade to that. The concept is nice for sure.

Thread Information