Veteran

PS4 Extended Warranty

What are you all saying about this? We all know the fat PS3 had plenty of issues and would break down in a certain period of time. I had to spend over $1000 just on consoles cause I had two of them break down on me. So I know I won't trust Sony on this, since they were truly awful at dealing with this situation.

Has anyone bought an extended warranty from GameStop? I have bought from BestBuy, but GeekSquad are too expensive I'm sure the 2 year plan will be over $100.

Would like to know your thoughts on this.

PSU Live Streamer
    Havent had a console break down on me yet. Until I do, I will continue to put faith in the fact that extended warranty fees are a cheat.

Still using my day1 launch ps3

3. Likes K2D , victorijapoosp likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Well, I've never had an extended warranty on a console but I might just in case, I guess. I still have my original PS3 60GB "Fatty" I guess, with the full PS2 compatibility (bought one week exactly after the PS3 went on sale in the US) and all of that and it works great to this day. Never had an issue. That being said, I might have gone with the extended for that if I hadn't already been spending over $600 for it. Since I'd never had a PS1 or PS2 issue either, I just never really thought about it. Never buy warranties on my MacBook Pros either. I guess it would come down to pricing. If I could get a warranty for say $50-$60 that covered 2-3 years I might do it. $100? Probably not. I'd have to figure that the box will last at LEAST 1-2 years at worst and if it dies from some issue in the first year, you're covered anyway. After 2 years or more I could easily just get another console. I tend to only buy extended warranties on really more expensive purchases. I bought one for my new 65 inch LED Samsung TV for example....because I REALLY don't want to have to buy another any time soon. Just in case. Otherwise I usually don't spring for these warranties.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    What are you all saying about this? We all know the fat PS3 had plenty of issues and would break down in a certain period of time. I had to spend over $1000 just on consoles cause I had two of them break down on me. So I know I won't trust Sony on this, since they were truly awful at dealing with this situation. Has anyone bought an extended warranty from GameStop? I have bought from BestBuy, but GeekSquad are too expensive I'm sure the 2 year plan will be over $100. Would like to know your thoughts on this.
    I had a PS3 warranty at Gamestop and they just handed me another one no questions asked.

Ultimate Veteran
    Amazon is selling 2 year Extended Warranty for 35 dollars.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Amazon is selling 2 year Extended Warranty for 35 dollars.
    Thats a good deal.

Apprentice

I know you can buy extended warranties on the Playstation store. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to next gen, too. I think you also have 1 year to buy the warranty, and not 30 days (or the day you buy it) like you would in the store.

Apprentice

I'll do a Squaretrade warranty and use a 30% off code..

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Huh. Thankful we've got 5 year obligatory warranty on electronics in Norway.

Veteran
    Thanks for the input guys, and yeah I know the Square Trade warranty is pretty cheap but would it work if I bought the SquareTrade warranty for my PS4 even if I don't buy the PS4 from Amazon?

I'm also thinking of not buying it and just in case PS4's turn out to be faulty in the first months then maybe wait for one of those Sony own Extended Protection Plans that were available through the PSN.

Thread Information