Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    Ranthop

Things that need to change

1 - Tac Assault Rifles and the Flaylock Pistols need a serious nerf, I'm just saying.

2 - Concerning our Corp and what goes on in it... I haven't read and I don't think I've seen any threads on strategy yet, so I am going to start posting some bits on basic strategy and tactics later.

3 - Also, I'm getting really tired of typing "lfs" every time I jump on Dust 514. No matter who it is that's online you send that man/woman an invite! Not every member in our Corp is familiar with one another and that is BS, just invite these people to your squad and problem solved. I've literally sat down typing "lfs" and waited 15 plus minutes and I got no invites... I do recall reading an email in our Corp, "Future of PSUGS". And if we as a Corp want to meet that goal that was set for us then we need to fix the social issues in our Corp first.

ANYWAY, I hope this is brought to everyone's attention.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i think the TAC go a slight nerf last week if i recall. CCP said they were watching its usage specifically. as for the flaylock, i don't think i've ever been killed with it yet
    but i recall people guessing it would be over powered when they announced it.
    i don't get CCP's mentality toward Dust tbh. they don't have all the content in the game yet, and the content is supposed to be balanced as a whole.
    so we have things that are balanced for items that aren't even in the game, making them totally unbalanced for the things that are in the game....point in case, the TAC shouldn't have technically existed.
    every race will have their own assault rifle and right now we've got two. gelente and amarr. same goes for tanks. CCP need to hurry the $#@! up and cobble together a base game worth playing instead of buggering around trying to balance an unfinished game.

that also extends to the Chat section we all use....

sometimes i'll be in a match and get an invite to squad but never know i got the damn thing until 15mins later when i get out (i only play skirmish). its the same for "LFS", no one knows when people are asking.

Notifications need to pop up during battle so that we know when people are trying to get our attention. likewise, we should have the option to keep corp chat open during battle (like they do for PC multiplayer) so that we know when people are talking to us.

and on the strategy thing. i need to get around to sending Cuguy and updated Corp roster. members need special permission to see the corp HQ.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I've started a basic movement and regrouping strategy that I'll post later today. Just covers the basics of teamwork etc.

Re: the LFS thing...we also need to start using corp chat more. When people log in they should switch it on so we can all chat and catch up before we even head into a game. It's also WAY better for match making.

Apologies if my pace is a bit slow on these things...tis a challenging time for mee atm.

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    When every one initially gets on they should immediately activate Corp chat that way we don't need to "lfs" and message any more. Now there's an idea, thank you Ghost-Rhayne.

As for the strategy I'm aware you are both working on that, but I figured in the mean time, in preparation for the big stuff that you're working on, I could post a few basic strategies and tactics and we could all leave a comment on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    sometimes i'll be in a match and get an invite to squad but never know i got the damn thing until 15mins later when i get out (i only play skirmish). its the same for "LFS", no one knows when people are asking.
    Oh god this. The notification system needs work there is no doubt and a few times I have only noticed an invite way too late leaving me feeling like a bit of a **** for not replying.

Problem is though I don't think you can join a squad if you or they are are already in battle right? I can understand why that wouldn't be allowed but it is an irritating obstacle.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The new match making coming in July apparently works on things like gear levl and friends. I gather that the game will dirct you to matches with your corp members in them.

Now that would be great.

PSN ID
    Snoopy864
    I agree that would be sweet. Also, it sucks because say you get out of a match and have an invite, if the person who invited you is now in battle you lose the invite completely. They should leave it up to you to delete the notification. That way you can wait until they finish battle and re-accept the invite.
    Mona Lisa musta had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles!

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    Roughly two weeks ago, to help the "lfs" issue and lack of familiarity among our Corp members, I proposed that we all start using Corp voice chat when ever a member initially logs in. This can be found via mail in the Dust 514 Corp inbox.

Here's the scenario: you log in and you're looking for a squad, rather than use the text box in the Corp channel you activate voice instead. If everyone does this the following should happen: when you activate voice and vocally say you're looking for a squad, then anyone who heard you will respond immediately saying, "sure thing, i'll invite you".

Pros; now this process is almost immediate and you'll be in a squad quicker than previously when you had to type in a message (lfs). Plus people won't feel bad for missing your request to squad up and it will almost eliminate "lfsing" in the text box to squad up. This process will encourage members to socialize, play and develop good teamwork with new/active members.

Cons; members without microphones/headsets won't benefit from this as much, however, members with voices will speak up and they point out who wants an invite to a squad. When members are in a squad with other players outside of the Corp "these members" won't be in the Corp voice channel, then you may have to "lfs".

After trying this out for a while I've found this to be very effective. Not a lot members are using Corp voice, but if everyone starts we should see some major improvement in the Corp.

10. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post

Thread Information