Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Mad Max Doesn't Have Multiplayer

New Mad Max doesn't have multiplayer
    June 12, 2013 5:28PM PDT

Eddie Makuch
    By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Warner Bros. confirms 2014 open-game is a "strong single-player experience."

The upcoming open-world Mad Max game from Warner Bros. and Avalanche Studios does not include multiplayer, at least not at present.

"There's no multiplayer at the time," creative director Frank Rooke told GameSpot today. "It's a very strong single-player experience and of course Max is a loner and we're really focusing on that aspect of Max."

Mad Max was announced during Sony's E3 2013 on Monday evening. It is a third-person action game set in a postapocalyptic world that focuses on car combat.

The game is currently in development for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. It will launch in 2014.

Source - http://www.gamespot.com/e3/new-mad-m...layer-6410103/
    This saddens me. As soon as i saw the trailer i was imagining creating a character (possibly mutant) and starting a bandit gang.

Master Guru
    Firmly attached to Ayane's boobies WAHAHAHAHAHA!
    PSN ID
    ShinMaruku
    I find that a good thing. These developers do good with single player sandboxes not everything needs multiplayer. If they can give me a polished single player game I will always take that over some throw away multiplayer added cynically because stupid metrics mislead the suits on multiplayer adds x-sales.
    How the suits have acted in this economy I don't trust them.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    I find that a good thing. These developers do good with single player sandboxes not everything needs multiplayer. If they can give me a polished single player game I will always take that over some throw away multiplayer added cynically because stupid metrics mislead the suits on multiplayer adds x-sales.
    How the suits have acted in this economy I don't trust them.
    Actually i was hoping for multiplayer only for this one. I really dont care about story with the kind of things this type of game has to offer. Whatever i have plenty of other games im excited for.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    ShinMaruku
    Looking at the developers and what they do I think you expected wrong. It's not what they do what they do is bat$#@! insane awesome (Just Cause)

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    Looking at the developers and what they do I think you expected wrong. It's not what they do what they do is bat$#@! insane awesome (Just Cause)
    I said hope not expect. Also devs are allowed to change things up so saying i should have expected single player only is just an assumption.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    ShinMaruku
    Given how triple a games are in a squeeze right now somethings are safe to speculate on what they will try and won't try. That said I can understand how you thought it was multiplayer by that trailer but when I saw who was making it I knew it was not likely to have it.

Thread Information