Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Xbox fan because of the games and Xbox Live. Not a fan because of restrictions being put in where the hardware won't work for what I bought it for.

There's a HUGE difference in the hardware not being used for gaming due to the restrictions, compared to that restriction being dictated by the software and the software only not being usable.

Super Elite
    The reason I choose Sony over Microsoft is easy everything Microsoft do is mass market while Sony are quite a niche company that develops games unlike that re-hashed Hollywood crap.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I am not boycotting anything LOL

It is pretty simple to enable the wifi.

People don't realize what they are being dictated to by companies. Wanna buy a HP printer? Better use HP ink otherwise the printer will disable its printer ink volume warning, or constantly inform you that you are not using the right ink. Want a song on your iPod? Ok, Apple will convert it so you can't share it.

Even the fiasco when Sony removed the Linux boot option. They made it clear that when you buy a console, you don't "buy" the software. You are leasing it. SO they can tell YOU what you will do with the software.

Castrating MS over these policies is ridiculous when practically every company that has proprietary inventory or property does it too.
    I disagree. There is a huge difference between owning the code and owning the disc where the code exists. We don't own the code. We own the disc. MS should be "castrated" over this. If they wanted to have complete control over the games they should have gone to download only model.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    yeah it is general, and mostly software, but the limitation is there. Regardless if it is chips and electrons or code making the wall, the wall is there that apps need internet to verify if it can run. MS's deal with the 24 hour check is complete BS, IMO (i have shady internet), but it is their choice and the pubs choice to protect their bottom line. Just like it is our choice as consumers to buy or not buy it.
    I have fantastic internet service, and I find the 24h deal disgusting. I could live with that (albeit I wouldn't be happy about it) but the final nail is the digital DRM on physical disks. Absolute ******* baloney, and I will not be supporting it.

That said: Just preordered my PS4, KZ: SF, BF4, and The Order

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    I have fantastic internet service, and I find the 24h deal disgusting. I could live with that (albeit I wouldn't be happy about it) but the final nail is the digital DRM on physical disks. Absolute ******* baloney, and I will not be supporting it. That said: Just preordered my PS4, KZ: SF, BF4, and The Order
    I just preordered my PS4 and KZ SF for now. I'll get Drive Club for free with PS+.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    There is an increasing trend in some games and apps to require access to the net on them.

I have an iPad and Kindle Fire... when my boys grab them, there are quite a few of their apps that MUST check into the internet. For the Android store, it is even worse... on the Kindle if we are not connected to the net at home, the store sometimes will disable the apps stating that we have to log in to verify the purchase.

That's odd, none of my games stop working in airplane mode. Sure I can't check email or web surf in airplane mode, but that's not the same as a DRM based on a net connection, that's the basic functionality. I wouldn't have any issues not being able to play online multiplayer if my net was down, I would have issues if I couldn't play single player because my net was down.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I just preordered my PS4 and KZ SF for now. I'll get Drive Club for free with PS+.
    Pretty sure we'll end up running into each other online then :Lol:

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I enjoy Xbox (and Xbox One):

1. Games
    2. Games
    3. Games
    4. Xbox Live
    5. Achievements
    6. Friends and family all will be buying one
    7. I am connected 24 x 7
    8. I don't trade games in
    9. I don't buy used games
    10. Multitasking & Cloud features

I spend WAYYYY too much on Apple products But I would rather buy that stuff than the hardware crap out there running any Windows platform. Android products are ok in my experience, but not as good in ease of use in comparison. But seriously, I should watch what I spend on Apple stuff.
    I have a solution. Don't buy ****ty windows stuff. Buy good windows stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    I have seen an apple product. Get ready for the shocker, I don't own any apple products. No Iphone here. But as this relates to games I don't see the connection. I don't see where apple products and phones doing what they do should carry over to video game platforms nor why it should because then there wouldn't be a real need for consoles.
    not related to games, but they do limit what you can/cannot do with their products. Basically one size/option fits all is their approach.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post

not related to games, but they do limit what you can/cannot do with their products. Basically one size/option fits all is their approach.
    Somewhat true for iPhone and iPad, but not true at all for Apple computers.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Pretty sure we'll end up running into each other online then :Lol:
    Yep we propably will. lol

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    I've been a fan since the very first xbox and have stuck with them when things have gotten bad. I do game on other consoles for a change of pace.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Somewhat true for iPhone and iPad, but not true at all for Apple computers.
    Not really with the direction they are going in with the MBA's and MBP's with retina display. They already had a sealed battery, they now expanded that to the RAM, Storage and CPU. Pretty sure even the screws that hold together the case are proprietary. About as locked down as you can get.

Even with the desktops, mac mini, imac and now even the mac pro.

I actually for the longest time wanted an original xbox when a friend of mine came over after they had been out for about 6 months. He had games on there like the X-men arcade, he had a lot of nintendo games on there like Friday the 13th and It blew my mind away I didn't know at the time how he was able to get the x-men game on the xbox to play but That's where My interest sparked for it. I never ended up getting an xbox but then again I never did figure out or ask him how he got those games on there. I think it was something like MAME but that was the only thing I was interested in with the xbox. I was happy with the playstation. the ps3 had a few rocky moments, but sony definately learned from their mistakes and I think there couldn't have been a better outcome for them. Looking at MS now, I think they are being WAAAYY more arrogant than Sony was. But they were arrogant none the less and that's around the time when I got a 360. I wasn't really into the xbox exlusives so I only have like 5 games for the 360 and my 6th one will be splinter cell black list. But for every 1 game I get on the 360 there's like 3 games I get for the ps3.

Flaw3d Genius
    The only reason why im buying the PS4 over the Xbox is due to price, Really dont care about the DRM issue the issue i have is purely the price...Had Xbox also been 349 i'd of picked it up also or if i could not afford both at the time i'd of went Xbox then PS purely based on control pads.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGenGamer2000 View Post
    Straw man fallacy.
    Just being honest and realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    That is an oxymoron, is it not?

16. Likes Christopher wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGenGamer2000 View Post
    Honest? Maybe. Realistic no. Lol. I've never came across online check on my IPad. Even if they are few, it is different iPad mandating online vs few apps on iPad mandating online.

So yea. It would fit right under the definition of straw man fallacy argument. According to you, I should boycott my phone cause my email app mandates internet. Lol
    Yup, now you understand. It's time to avoid all of these devices. Sad but true. Avoid all aspects of DRM, and closed architecture. Avoid internet devices. Speak with your wallet! No devices, no new consoles....take control of your life, Demand more for being a consumer. Avoid the DRM fallacy.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Wouldnt say im a fan, but most of my mates had 360's and that's where we all gamed online till we grew up kinda. it was also my console of choice cos multiplats generally were better on the 360 than the ps3...i gave my ps3 to my 11 year old son

What would it take for me to leave? The current situation with the xb1. but i will still get on early next year

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSU Technical Manager
    Yup, now you understand. It's time to avoid all of these devices. Sad but true. Avoid all aspects of DRM, and closed architecture. Avoid internet devices. Speak with your wallet! No devices, no new consoles....take control of your life, Demand more for being a consumer. Avoid the DRM fallacy.
    I know your being sarcastic, but you do understand the difference between digital content DRM and what is being imposed with physical media for the Xbox One, right? This is not an absolute stand against everything DRM. DRM for copy protection, physical or digital is widely accepted. DRM to prevent resale, trade, etc of a physical product violates first-sale doctrine.

Forum Sage
    Just being honest and realistic.

That is an oxymoron, is it not?
    No.

Supreme Veteran
    I'm a fan of the Xbox brand because of the games and online infrastructure.

I was a PS man with the PS1 and PS2, I preferred the PS2 to the OG Xbox although I also owned one as that is what I do (own multiple consoles).

I went with the 360 because it released first and I considered it the right upgrade from the PS2 at that time, XBL also swayed me, even though it required a yearly fee.

I also purchased the PS3, but it has been the exclusives console this generation. I have no regrets buying a PS3, and I enjoy buying in to the great games available via Sony's first party (and second) studios.

Perhaps I'm a minority within a minority lol but I AM NOT buying the Xbox One because of a mandatory camera which I already gave a chance this generation but got sick of & basically dislike. To go further, I'm not comfortable knowing a camera is always on 24/7 seeing and hearing everything around the device in my home, that **** does not fly with me and when Microsoft made it clear that disconnecting the device was not an option, I flipped them the bird!

I am not the biggest fan of DRM but I'll accept it, even the once every 24 hour connection is something I can live with, don't get me wrong I do not love it and surprisingly for some, I do not defend it, but I'd live... Kinect being mandatory though and with all the reports of the NSA and Kinect 2.0 brought up everywhere, forget it!

My privacy is important to me and I won't rely on a corporations word ever, not happening.

Either Microsoft drop the mandate and I'd buy or hackers fix what Microsoft fuc*ed up, that's the only two ways.

I'm buying a PS4, no way that I wouldn't buy one!
    Last edited by A7MAD; 06-14-2013 at 17:25.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

22. Likes 33x wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    I thought Kinect camre could be disabled. Did I miss something?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9305 usando Tapatalk 2
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    I thought Kinect camre could be disabled. Did I miss something?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9305 usando Tapatalk 2
    You can completely turn it off, yes. You just are not allowed to unplug it from the back of the console.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    They have even stated that all it listens for is XBOX ON if the system is at idle. Nothing more.

Although, given their PR rep these days, he may have misspoke.

Soldier 95B
    They have even stated that all it listens for is XBOX ON if the system is at idle. Nothing more.

Although, given their PR rep these days, he may have misspoke.
    And they stated that you can disable that to, so it is never listening or looking. It can be turned completely off.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    And they stated that you can disable that to, so it is never listening or looking. It can be turned completely off.
    Exactly.. it just can't be unplugged when the xbox is in use.

Thread Information