Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Look at Apple, they are full of DRM and restrictions yet people for some reason still like to throw money at them...
    Right.. I plan to play mostly exclusives on my Xbox One and have no issues with the always on policy. All of my games will be bought new and I don't trade my games in so the point is nearly moot to me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    But I am just curious to know what would it take for you guys to say, " enough is enough, im no longer buying xbox products such as the xbox one." Where do you draw the line, or is there a line? Are you too invested and can't stop buying games? If the future of video games is what MS's outlook is, then I won't buy anything in the future. Once what MS is trying to implement now becomes the normal way of doing things, then i won't continue to buy or play games in the future. That is just me. What about you? Chime in. im curious to know.
    your problem is that you are taking rumours and speculation as fact. MS say something and it gets twisted into something else. that then gets spun to suit those who don't (for whatever reason) want MS to be in the console business full stop.

try the following link to better understand Xbox ONE. after you have read said link, put that into context with all the spin put onto Xbox ONE by the (for want of a better word) haters.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

now onto you topic title.
    i've never been a fan of a manufacture or any particular console, i have received or bought every console that has been released in the UK since i was very young starting with an Acetronic MPU1000 (and still own every system).

with all previous gens the power of the console never came into my decision to want or buy a console, they were just added to my collection because they were the next system from Sega, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Atari etc.
    this gen is no different in that i will once again own all nextgen systems, but shall get the PS4 next year as it's looking like its releasing to close to Xbox ONE for me to be able to afford both consoles and a few games in such a short period of time. why Xbox before PS4, because my wife and daughters want to use Kinect 2.0

my Wii, PS3 and 360 are always connected to the net when switched on, i pay for + so that it will update games without me needing to switch it on. i don't rent or re-sell my games, so if i take the worst case scenario that people are trying to say about Xbox ONE, i don't have a problem with it at all and even look forward to seeing what the cloud brings to games on the system.

Apprentice

Read the link. just about everything on there was what I had originaly thought. It just seems to emphasize the reasons for the decisions made and explain a little more detail about them. I just don't like it, x1 is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    your problem is that you are taking rumours and speculation as fact. MS say something and it gets twisted into something else. that then gets spun to suit those who don't (for whatever reason) want MS to be in the console business full stop.

try the following link to better understand Xbox ONE. after you have read said link, put that into context with all the spin put onto Xbox ONE by the (for want of a better word) haters.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

now onto you topic title.
    i've never been a fan of a manufacture or any particular console, i have received or bought every console that has been released in the UK since i was very young starting with an Acetronic MPU1000 (and still own every system).

with all previous gens the power of the console never came into my decision to want or buy a console, they were just added to my collection because they were the next system from Sega, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Atari etc.
    this gen is no different in that i will once again own all nextgen systems, but shall get the PS4 next year as it's looking like its releasing to close to Xbox ONE for me to be able to afford both consoles and a few games in such a short period of time. why Xbox before PS4, because my wife and daughters want to use Kinect 2.0

my Wii, PS3 and 360 are always connected to the net when switched on, i pay for + so that it will update games without me needing to switch it on. i don't rent or re-sell my games, so if i take the worst case scenario that people are trying to say about Xbox ONE, i don't have a problem with it at all and even look forward to seeing what the cloud brings to games on the system.

Master Poster

Xbox fan from the first time i played Halo co op, It really felt like something you couldn't get on a ps2 (which I had along with tons of games) Halo 2 on xbox live felt like it was a whole generation ahead of the ps2 at the time.
    played Halo 2 for 16 hours a day most days, got sponsored for local events and even for mlg. Did the samething when Battlefield 2 came out kept a top 3 ranking world wide with the sniper kit started G.o.D clan and played with/against some of the best players in the world.
    got a 360 to continue that but fell out with halo and battlefield and just mostly enjoyed the games 360 had.

going back to playstation because of the fact I wont actually own any game on xbox one, and am limited to publisher/console restrictions.
    Traded in everything 360 I had bought a PS3 with Uncharted/Uncharted 3/Killzone 2/Last of Us and have been enjoying catching up on the games I onced turned my back on(because of sonys missteps at ps3 launch)

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Never been a fan of ms per say but I did buy an elite (then a 4gb slim when that was released) when splinter cell conviction came out...one thing that puts me off is the controller but I'm a "gamer" at heart, I played the game on the hardest difficulty, also tried live, gears3, halo odst and forza came with my elite...also got to play halo 3 online. Long story short, if they release an exclusive that I must play, I'll be getting the console...still getting it regardless but not for gaming

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    I thought Kinect camre could be disabled. Did I miss something?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9305 usando Tapatalk 2
    You're right, a Microsoft rep said you can basically disable everything in the settings for it, making it do absolutely nothing at all whilst sitting either under or on top of your TV (even disabling the voice command for "Xbox On") yet you cannot simply unplug the Kinect 2.0 camera and mic.

...So I said fuc* that $#@!.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Super Elite
    Anyway I've kind of learned from experience what I shall stick with next and that's PC cheaper games and Steam.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Thread Information