Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    aStRoRdInArY
    Ya thats more than enough for me. I buy all of my games on disc, so ill be good.
    If you add me on PSN, be sure to tell me you're from this forum

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by aStRoRdInArY View Post
    Ya thats more than enough for me. I buy all of my games on disc, so ill be good.
    So no indie games for you then?
    Indie games are usually digital only.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Say it wasn't enough for me. What brand/model/etc 1TB would i need to look for?

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    500gig is fine by me, considering the price point, can always replace it like I did with my PS3.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    He swapped a 500gb hdd into his 80gb ps3. Was that really that hard to understand?
    I figured it was a typo as anyone one who swapped out the drive would have indicated WHAT SIZE he had swappped out with and then had free space. And I wanted to poke a little fun while eliciting the correct information. Was that really so hard to understand?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Its more than the 320GB I have right now so I'm good with 500 lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

I never used up my 1st 60gb PS3 let alone the 300gb replacement so yeah, it's probably going to be plenty. I'm not planning on using my ps4 for much of anything else than gaming (thats what my laptop's for) but maybe for some people they'd want to upgrade

Ancient
    I've got 640gb atm, so I'd probably get a 1T And use the 500gb as an external

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

The King Of Kings
    I'm definitely good with 500GB. If Sony gives us the option to install games to the hard drive, I might just upgrade it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    500gb isnt much i would have preferred 750-1tb considering next gen games probably will eat up alot more space. I havent had any problems with my 160gb slim except for a period where i always installed alot of the games immediately after i bought em along with a demo download spree early when i got it.

Im going to buy my games in physical form nextgen anyway the ps+ and psn games will be the only things taking space on it and i will still be able to sell my games again

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Forum Elder
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if there isn't mandatory installs, your hard drive would have more space, since disks can run off themselves. I'm just speculating

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Yeah it's fine. Can always upgrade.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I'll be buying all games on disk so 500GB is more than enough.

I'll download the odd indie or PSN game but for the most part I'll be playing disk games

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If there is a full install option, I'll use it. If at some point I'll need to upgrade the HDD, then I will. 500GB is perfectly fine with me.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    so long as the PS4 games dont require a mandatory HDD install then i dont see it really being an issue for me.

Tacos Rule!

Elite Guru
    500gb sounds like enough for the moment but we have yet to see just how much data will be stored HDD side. The Blu Ray drive is very slow compared to the amount of data needed so I'm expecting huge amounts to be kept on the HDD just to keep the RAM feed.

Apprentice

I have a 120Gb drive in my Gun Metal PS3 with some room to spare. I also just joined PS+ after the news that it'll be required on PS4 and soon realized a 500GB upgrade may barely cut it. I plan on slapping in a 2TB if it fits in my PS4 and slapping the 500GB in my PS3. I have all my PSVita Data backed up on the PS3 so that's about 10GB-50GB avg into the future and between install, Music and PS+ Freeb's I think that should to it for both.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I'll probably stick at least a Terabyte in there. I see myself using this a lot more as a media hub.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Just upgraded my PS3 to 1tb it's around 10% faster with the 7200rpm drive installed and the 32mb cache helps a lot with the speed of everything in general.

I've got about 300gb left for future installs and PS plus content
    Ill be happy with the 500gb for the first year of ps4 but after that Im hoping for Sony to at least support 3TB for the future hopefully the HDD will be 2.5inch laptop style user replaceable and sata II or III for increased throughput of data.

People need to wake up and learn that the PS4 is a computer it will install nearly all of your disc based games to HDD in the background a 6x bd drive is still much slower than a HDD. Just because you buy a game on disc does not mean you will be able to play a game straight of the disc it would be absolute ludacris to think that in 2013.

You will probably never run out of space if you only buy 20 large disc based games and a small amount of PSN content but when you start topping that and buying movies and using your PS4 for other services then you're gonna need a bigger drive.
    Last edited by chriharr; 07-14-2013 at 05:43.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

I'm not sure, but I think I replied in this thread that 500 gigs would be more than enough for me. I recently became a PS+ member, and after seeing how fast your HD could fill up in just one month if you really decide to take advantage of all something like that has to offer...maybe 500 gigs won't cut it in the long term.

But hey, if you can swap out the drive or whatever it's not too big of an issue. I think a PS4 coming with 1TB would be great. 500 gigs is decent to start out with though.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Well, it annoyed me that they were saying it would be a very large HDD, after knowing Xbone had 500GB. So, me and my friends were assuming it'd be 750GB - 1TB. I just don't like the fact they kept saying "very large HDD", when PS3 has 500GB now and it's not really that large of a HDD size for current gen, much less next-gen. It will do though, and if more is needed in the future, I'll upgrade to a 2TB-3TB when necessary.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    Well, it annoyed me that they were saying it would be a very large HDD, after knowing Xbone had 500GB. So, me and my friends were assuming it'd be 750GB - 1TB. I just don't like the fact they kept saying "very large HDD", when PS3 has 500GB now and it's not really that large of a HDD size for current gen, much less next-gen. It will do though, and if more is needed in the future, I'll upgrade to a 2TB-3TB when necessary.
    Yes, it's annoying, but at least it can upgraded.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I'll most likely be upgrading it so I'm not bothered by it.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    If there is a full install option, I'll use it. If at some point I'll need to upgrade the HDD, then I will. 500GB is perfectly fine with me.
    Full installs are a must as Sony lens in PlayStations tend to be on the poor side. PS1,2 & 3 i've had lens fail.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    Yeah 500 GB is more of a standard. Not on the top end for sure. It's getting very close to being on the low end with the sizes going up every day.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information