Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

DayZ developer on Next Gen consoles - interested in PS4 port

When I asked Hall whether console manufacturers Sony and Microsoft had approached him about putting DayZ on an upcoming console he replied, "Yeah, we talked to both of them. But, as I'm sure you're aware, Sony lets you self-publish and they don't make you pay for updates. Microsoft requires you to have a publisher. They have no digital distribution strategy and they require you to pay $10,000, or whatever it is, for updates."

"What about Sony, then?" I asked.

"Oh, absolutely. We like them. I like what I saw on the PS4," Hall said. "I like what I saw on the Xbox in a lot of cases as well. I'm not s***ting on them. I'm kind of hopeful that Microsoft has just forgot to talk about its indie support. Maybe I'm being a bit naive."
    When asked about developing for PS4, Hall replied, "That's definitely something we'd look at, but we have to do the PC version first. Once we get the alpha out, that's a good time for us to run it up on a [PS4] dev kit and see what happens."
    And what of Wii U?

"I don't know. I haven't really looked into it much. I doubt it," Hall replied.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ndalone-to-ps4

Pretty big if it ends up happening.

Oh and Sony doesn't make you pay for updates now? Very interesting

2. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I thought Day Z was confirmed going next gen. I'm looking the looks of this generation so far. Seems like we might get more games that are PC exclusives from the looks of it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Saw the first official gameplay they had at E3 and the zombies still move around like they are on speed. What i wanted Day Z to do the Division now provides me. Yeah no zombies in The Division but i get the gameplay i desire so no zombies is a small sacrifice.

Apprentice
    Interesting part is that Sony doesn't charge for updates anymore. I wonder if that is true. Lets hope they don't go nuts with it

Sent from my Nexus 4

Superior Member
    Hell yes! I would love for this to happen. I agree somewhat with HellsJester though. The Division looks like it will satisfy my appetite for open-world survival awesomeness.

Thread Information