Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog

Possible Gakai Backwards Compatibility Fix

*sigh* One can dream. This seems like it would work.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    That would be pretty awesome.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    If it works like that, I'd be happy. No doubt PS1 and PS2 Classics will be added at some point too via the PS Store, so long as they aren't separate versions like the XPERIA versions.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I really hope it works that way (and performacnce is good with my 16mbit connection) - got a huge gamecollection and my old ps3 slowly dying

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Would be nice, but I'd not hold my breath. That said, I'm not too worried about it as I have no intention of getting rid of the PS3.

Superior Member
    This would be a great solution; one I hope they implement. I really don't want to be switching cords between my PS3 and PS4 in the early stages.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
    This would be a great solution; one I hope they implement. I really don't want to be switching cords between my PS3 and PS4 in the early stages.
    That's why they have HDMI Switchs (Check Monoprice dot com.) I'm going to have to dust mine back off. I thought I was done w/ it after I got a new AV receiver a few years ago, but 4 HDMI inputs just isn't enough. I fully expect to have an XB1 (my son's Xmas gift) to go beside the PS4 and PS3, putting me at 6 HDMI feeds when I add in my TiVo boxes and HTPC.

Apprentice

That would be a great idea and would make alot of customers happy.
    Unfortunately I don´t believe that´s the business model they´re looking for with ps3 games on the ps4.
    It would be nice to see them prove me wrong. heck, I´ll by the ps4 at launch if they implement this.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I hope it works like this, because I won't be rebuying PS3 games I already have.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    This won't work with PS1 games though, since the PS4 can't read CDs.

Apprentice
    Great news if it works that way. Hopefully they get something like that working before I sell my ps3 and games

Sent from my Nexus 4

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This won't work with PS1 games though, since the PS4 can't read CDs.
    They won't do that anyway, it'll be PS1 and PS2 Classics from now on. I've already replaced most of my library anyway, just hope PS2 Classics come to Vita eventually, it's not impossible, which is what some people said about 100% software BC on PS3.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    This would be friken awesome even if it would work only for PS3 games.

Unfortunately I just can't see them doing this, and even in the remote chance that they do this, it would no doubt require PS+.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Elite Guru
    I don't think they would do this as there is little financial sense to do it in the long run. Gaikai will cost a lot to run and giving away the service on games that they have already made their money on is not a good idea. I like the ambition though shown here.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    It would be amazing but don't hold your breath. And if it does work this way, it will come with an additional Gaikai fee (NOT covered by PS+). I expect Gaikai service to be tiered as well

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items Diablo IIIOne PieceGhost in the ShellLuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Would be nice, but I'd not hold my breath. That said, I'm not too worried about it as I have no intention of getting rid of the PS3.
    This is pretty much how I feel.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    If this service is included with the $50 PS+ then I'd have no issue paying it, especially if all these PS3 games are available on PS Vita too. Very unlikely though.

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    the problem will be, as usual, because of people trying to profit from the system : 1 game - 25 people, all get to play the game ...
    I don't know if each disc has a distinct authentification that would be needed to avoid these problems

I sure hope sony allow you to download the games from Gaikai like past PS3 games and so on. Considering the PS4 also allows DVDs I presume they could do the exact same with PS2 games.. You insert the disc and it downloads to the consoles HDD. Insert the disc and it loads the downloaded Gaikai version of the game.

Also it could read your PSN downloads such as PS1 classics and make them free in the Gaikai store if you purchased them before so you can download them but you would also get the option to stream them from the cloud.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Lol this is not like to happen, this is not just a big plus, this would be a killer for the rest of the consoles. And if it is 500 gb won't be near enough even 1 TB for most of us.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Ultimate Veteran
    I have an even better idea when it comes to Gaikai. Put the whole library in with PS+.

Boom, problem solved.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    *sigh* One can dream. This seems like it would work.

LMAO i thought of this EXACT SAME THING... its perfect! they NEED TO DO IT!
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    the problem will be, as usual, because of people trying to profit from the system : 1 game - 25 people, all get to play the game ...
    I don't know if each disc has a distinct authentification that would be needed to avoid these problems
    Require the disc to be in the ps4 to authenticate it... problem solved... if the game isnt in the console the game doesnt play.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Wouldnt they need the BIOs for the PS2 for it to work so it can at least read the disc?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Require the disc to be in the ps4 to authenticate it... problem solved... if the game isnt in the console the game doesnt play.
    That would be a slick way of handling all that.

I personally think they will throw in b/c Gakai streaming under Plus subscription to thicken it's value. I'd prefer the way that youve mentioned

Thread Information