View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman get off the 2nd degree murder charge?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 54.55%
  • No

10 45.45%
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    pretty sure my multiple attaché super soaker is definetly better than standing on a building bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Fine then. I'll just introduce the first artillery fire.

Or should I go airborne on you peons?

I think you know the saying. Go big or go home.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    lol turning it into some real $#@! bro

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yes, because this stand your ground law. Applies too all free killings that anyone can act upon and get away with
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    yes, because this stand your ground law. Applies too all free killings that anyone can act upon and get away with
    lol. kind of skewed viewpoint there Claud but for the most part yea, self defense laws do get used alot

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    out of context and out of fear that is poured over society, with a pinch of realism
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    out of context and out of fear that is poured over society, with a pinch of realism
    probably more realism in next gen games than with this $#@! eh

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Defense had another boost this week:

http://news.yahoo.com/ruling-trayvon...163808658.html

excerpt:

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - A forensic expert backed George Zimmerman's account of his fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin on Tuesday, testifying that evidence showed the neighborhood watchman was under the unarmed black teenager when he fired his gun.
    The forensic pathologist testifying for the defense cited the trajectory of the bullet that pierced Martin's chest and gun powder on his body in supporting Zimmerman's version of events of the shooting, in a setback to the prosecution.
    "It's consistent with somebody leaning over the person doing the shooting," said Dr. Vincent DiMaio, a former chief medical examiner in Texas, in testimony in the case, which has added to the national debate on race, profiling, gun rights and self defense.
    Defense is allowed to give the information that Martin had THC in his system when he was killed.
    Last edited by F34R; 07-10-2013 at 03:17.

8. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Defense had another boost this week:

http://news.yahoo.com/ruling-trayvon...163808658.html

excerpt:

Defense is allowed to give the information that Martin had THC in his system when he was killed.
    lol. and the prosecution yet again crumbles

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post
    i highly doubt that zimmerman is going to be guilt of anything, maybe manslaughter at most but i doubt it
    I agree with you but he shouldn't even get manslaughter. I would highly doubt it but there's more forces at work here than a pure criminal justice case so never know I suppose

Forum Sage

Awesome sauce. I've known for quite some time that this trial was mostly about racial politics. It looks like the defense is making its case while the prosecution is going mostly on emotions. This doesn't mean he's out of the woods or that he isn't guilty. It just gives a better picture of what happened. We'll see what happens next. Maybe the prosecution will bring kittens into the trial next. Maybe, it'll go on some better facts than a non police officer dispatcher and some less than credible "eye witnesses"

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Awesome sauce. I've known for quite some time that this trial was mostly about racial politics. It looks like the defense is making its case while the prosecution is going mostly on emotions. This doesn't mean he's out of the woods or that he isn't guilty. It just gives a better picture of what happened. We'll see what happens next. Maybe the prosecution will bring kittens into the trial next. Maybe, it'll go on some better facts than a non police officer dispatcher and some less than credible "eye witnesses"
    well I wasn't gonna be the first one to say( I don't like being in twuble lol) but ur absolutely right. the whole trial is about that. and part of the fault goes to Zimmerman for racial profiling, but this wouldn't be a celebrated case if it wasnt for the race card. but we'll see how it turns out. regardless of the verdict I hope ppl can act maturely and respect the juries decision

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Americans like their freedom, including freedom of the press. If your government can tell the press what they can and cannot publish then your press is nothing more than a propaganda mouthpiece for the government.

I've read British press. It is unquestionably British propaganda, often full of outright lies and twisted truths in order to make the average Brit feel like the UK is superior to other nations. One of my favorite repeated stories in the British news is when they list all of the British inventions, and over half of them were done in China more than a thousand years earlier. BTW, are they still telling you that Berners-Lee invented the internet?
    Bahahahaa!! What!? What the hell Newspaper did you read?

"unquestionably British propaganda"

Lol, no... not in the slightest!

The King has Returned

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstoph View Post
    Bahahahaa!! What!? What the hell Newspaper did you read?

"unquestionably British propaganda"

Lol, no... not in the slightest!

And you believe that?

Tell me then, according to British press, who is more likely to cause a "Friendly Fire" incident in combat? US soldiers, or British?

I'll bet money that your press never tells you that a British soldier is 41 times more likely to cause a friendly fire incident than an American soldier, do they? In fact, I'll bet that the common perception in the UK is that it is the American soldiers who shoot everything that moves, isn't it? And where would Brits get such a distorted view of reality? It wouldn't have anything to do with what and how your press reports the stories, would it?

Now, allow me to dispell a few more myths your press loves to spread.

#1. Poor Americans have access to free healthcare, and they have for decades. Every single American that is within 133% of the federal poverty level has access to Medicaid, for FREE. Medicaid has been available since 1965.

#2. America is not unsafe, especially when compared to the UK. In truth the violent crime rate of the UK is nearly 5 times HIGHER than the US. You're far safer walking the streets in almost any US city at night than you are walking around London or Manchester. In fact, the violent crime rate of the US is lower than almost every country in Europe as well as lower than "safe" places like Canada and Australia.

3. Gun crime in the US is not anywhere near as extreme as is portrayed in British news. British news likes to use propoganda stats like saying "Gun crime in the US is XX times higher than gun crime in the UK" but they'll never say something like "Armed assault in the US is XX times LOWER than armed assault in the UK" because once you change from just guns to any weapons you are suddenly faced with the unpleasant reality that the UK is more violent and dangerous than the US.

Now, you tell me, which of those 3 absolute facts does your press tell you about? Or do they quitely sweep the truth under the rug while they tell you how much better off you are in the UK than the US?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    And you believe that?

Tell me then, according to British press, who is more likely to cause a "Friendly Fire" incident in combat? US soldiers, or British?

I'll bet money that your press never tells you that a British soldier is 41 times more likely to cause a friendly fire incident than an American soldier, do they? In fact, I'll bet that the common perception in the UK is that it is the American soldiers who shoot everything that moves, isn't it? And where would Brits get such a distorted view of reality? It wouldn't have anything to do with what and how your press reports the stories, would it?

Now, allow me to dispell a few more myths your press loves to spread.

#1. Poor Americans have access to free healthcare, and they have for decades. Every single American that is within 133% of the federal poverty level has access to Medicaid, for FREE. Medicaid has been available since 1965.

#2. America is not unsafe, especially when compared to the UK. In truth the violent crime rate of the UK is nearly 5 times HIGHER than the US. You're far safer walking the streets in almost any US city at night than you are walking around London or Manchester. In fact, the violent crime rate of the US is lower than almost every country in Europe as well as lower than "safe" places like Canada and Australia.

3. Gun crime in the US is not anywhere near as extreme as is portrayed in British news. British news likes to use propoganda stats like saying "Gun crime in the US is XX times higher than gun crime in the UK" but they'll never say something like "Armed assault in the US is XX times LOWER than armed assault in the UK" because once you change from just guns to any weapons you are suddenly faced with the unpleasant reality that the UK is more violent and dangerous than the US.

Now, you tell me, which of those 3 absolute facts does your press tell you about? Or do they quitely sweep the truth under the rug while they tell you how much better off you are in the UK than the US?
    whoa whoa whoa where did u get that VIOLENT crimes were higher in the uk rather than in America?

Forum Sage

well I wasn't gonna be the first one to say( I don't like being in twuble lol) but ur absolutely right. the whole trial is about that. and part of the fault goes to Zimmerman for racial profiling, but this wouldn't be a celebrated case if it wasnt for the race card. but we'll see how it turns out. regardless of the verdict I hope ppl can act maturely and respect the juries decision
    You shouldn't hold your tongue just because some people might get offended. With that aside, part of the blame does lie with with Zimmerman himself for allegedly profiling, (I doubt he did since his words were more in line with general terms like "punk".) On the other hand, this politically correct culture is too easily offended when things are called out how they're seen and not sugar coated.

Forum Overseer

He wasn't profiling, he was prejudist towards him.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    He wasn't profiling, he was prejudist towards him.
    profiling- assuming someone is *insert stereotype here* because they are *insert race here*
    he profiled Martin BECAUSE he was prejudiced, case in point: Zimmerman thought Martin was up to no good BECAUSE he was black. and his clothing etc etc.

Forum Overseer

i personally feel that it's an assumption to say that race was involved. he didn't come off racist at any point, stereotypical yes, prejudice yes but not racist.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I agree Sufi.

A lot of stores won't allow people to come in with a hoodie on. Is that racist? Nope. Banks here won't allow anyone is that is wearing a hoodie, with the hood on. Race isn't a factor.

21. Likes Omar likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    You can watch the closing arguments live:

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerm...222843188.html

Jury is allowed to convict of manslaughter now as well.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    You can watch the closing arguments live:

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerm...222843188.html

Jury is allowed to convict of manslaughter now as well.

That is such $#@!.

Let's throw a couple more charges at him because our main charge isn't going to stick. he has to be guilty of something doesn't he?
    LMAO

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    That prosecutor is a $#@!ing moron. It'd be better to have an actor doing these closing statements.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    The prosecutors should have known from the start this, at best, is an involuntary manslaughter, or even less crime. IMO, this should never have been brought to trial
    LMAO

Power Member
    whoa whoa whoa where did u get that VIOLENT crimes were higher in the uk rather than in America?
    It's mostly true, actually. I've done the homework on this. Granted, 'violent crime' as a legal definition of crime varies between the US and the UK but in many instances they have it worse.

A safe assessment would be "It's not any better in the UK than it is in the US."

I'd be curious to see the sources on UK infantry having more friendly fire issues than the US, though.

As for Zimmerman, there is massive political pressure to convict him of something. He won't get murder.. Maybe manslaughter or something stupid like 'abuse of a child' i dunno. There will likely be rioting one way or another, but it will get insane if he's cleared of everything.

I can see some the $#@! hitting the fan.. Rodney King levels of unrest.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 07-11-2013 at 20:11.

Forum Sage

Like I said earlier, the trial is not about facts. It's about politics and emotions.

28. Likes Vulgotha likes this post

Thread Information