View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman get off the 2nd degree murder charge?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 54.55%
  • No

10 45.45%
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91929 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    to keep eyes on him. Let them know where he's at, witness anything that he did.
    then why confront him if he was just keeping his eyes on him?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Who confronted who?

Forum Overseer
    Who confronted who?
    We had this argument months ago lol. He confronted Trayvon because he's the one who interrogated Trayvon. Confrontation means that you were in a meeting with someone in a hostile way. The question George asked him was a confrontation. It wasn't peaceful. It was an interrogation.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The theory is that Martin would have been to Brandy's house before the time Zimmerman actually caught up with him.

Martin stopped and confronted Zimmerman.

(a) There are paved walkways in the townhouse development that would make it very easy to escape anyone in a vehicle. The path where Martin ran from Zimmerman (still in his SUV) was one of them. And it explains why Zimmerman got out of his SUV: he could not follow Martin to see where he was going, except on foot.

(b) The path where Martin ran was the first part of one of the shortest routes from the road he was on to Brandy Green’s townhouse. It is definitely the shortest non-vehicle-capable paved route; any other similarly short route would have been down Twin Trees, where Zimmerman was.

(c) When he started running, Martin had walked past Zimmerman, so that he, Martin, was closer to Green’s townhouse than Zimmerman was. At this point Zimmerman was still in his truck, about 450 feet by paved walkway from Brandy Green’s townhouse.

(d) The site of the shooting was about 150 feet from where Martin left the road onto the walkway, and about 300 feet from Brandy Green’s townhouse. Martin could have sprinted “home” after he passed Zimmerman’s truck in 20 seconds.
    Zimmerman was on the recorded 311 call for almost two minutes after he reported Martin started to run. (And the fight didn’t happen for a few minutes after that.) In two minutes, a normal person would walk 500 feet; to have moved just 150 feet in that time would be to move at about 1 mph. It is very difficult for any adult to move 1 mph. A slow walk will be 2-3 mph; a faster walk 4 or so (wiki link on walking speeds).
    The above facts lead the author, and me, to speculate that Martin must have doubled back. Otherwise, it is difficult to explain how they happened to encounter each other just 150 feet from Zimmerman’s truck, more than two minutes after he reports Martin running.

Forum Overseer
    that doesn't prove anything. if you remember, martin was texting his gf. he could've been watching zimmerman to see if he really was following him or not.

this report does not bring the scenario into light that he could've just stopped for a little while.

but none of this has anything to do with what i was talking about. zimmerman himself admitted that he asked him some questions...so going back to my question, why did George interrogate him when he was supposedly just keeping an eye on him?

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Zimmerman wasn't peaceful after getting out his car. You could tell from the tone of his voice on the phone that he was pissed off. I'm thinking Trayvon seen Zimmerman's gun when he got out the car. He had to if it wasn't hidden by a coat or beneath Zimmerman's shirt. You can't outrun a bullet. Might as well try something.

It's quite a few details that I'm not buying in Zim's defense. I think he's a liar.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    that doesn't prove anything. if you remember, martin was texting his gf. he could've been watching zimmerman to see if he really was following him or not.

this report does not bring the scenario into light that he could've just stopped for a little while.

but none of this has anything to do with what i was talking about. zimmerman himself admitted that he asked him some questions...so going back to my question, why did George interrogate him when he was supposedly just keeping an eye on him?
    I'd have asked him questions too... if I was following him, and however it happened that we met face to face, I'd have asked him what he was doing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Zimmerman wasn't peaceful after getting out his car. You could tell from the tone of his voice on the phone that he was pissed off. I'm thinking Trayvon seen Zimmerman's gun when he got out the car. He had to if it wasn't hidden by a coat or beneath Zimmerman's shirt. You can't outrun a bullet. Might as well try something.

It's quite a few details that I'm not buying in Zim's defense. I think he's a liar.
    So, you see a guy with a gun, and you might as well try something? lol

It wasn't like they were in a corridor shooter game.

I think we've extinguished just about all the different scenarios, and dislikes for all of this. Let's get a verdict and move on.

Some people think Zimmerman did this intentionally, some don't. I don't think anything, except actual real video of everything that happened, will change the minds.

People keep saying "that doesn't prove anything", etc. yet the actual prosecution hasn't done a single thing to PROVE anything other than Zimmerman shot Martin, and Martin died. Sheesh.
    Last edited by F34R; 07-13-2013 at 06:08.

Forum Overseer
    I'd have asked him questions too... if I was following him, and however it happened that we met face to face, I'd have asked him what he was doing here.
    lol i like how you're jumping around the topic but came right back to where i wanted you to.

But he didn't get his answer. Why did he turn around? Why did he stop following him? It makes no sense to me that he was onto this guy and then all of a sudden, he's fine and turns back? It's not like Trayvon answered anything useful.

So why did he stop the investigation? After all that effort of calling the cops, taking the responsibility in your hands by following the thug then confronting him and then what? Turn around and walk back home? LOL Absolutely makes no sense. what could've Trayvon said that he suddently became neutral to Zimmerman.

Also makes no sense that once he started walking back peacefully, that Trayvon had this great idea to beat the $#@! out of him until he died.

Do you have something else that makes more sense?

People keep saying "that doesn't prove anything", etc. yet the actual prosecution hasn't done a single thing to PROVE anything other than Zimmerman shot Martin, and Martin died. Sheesh.
    You keep saying this but you're wrong sir lol. he does have to prove his side of the story, that it was justified to kill him in self-defense.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Still don't see why this isn't an open and shut case. He didn't follow orders and some kid (Whether right or wrong) died.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Overseer
    the problem is that those weren't orders. 911 operators aren't cops.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    the problem is that those weren't orders. 911 operators aren't cops.
    I guess. Sounds like it defeats the purpose of calling them if you're not going to listen, though.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    lol i like how you're jumping around the topic but came right back to where i wanted you to.

But he didn't get his answer. Why did he turn around? Why did he stop following him? It makes no sense to me that he was onto this guy and then all of a sudden, he's fine and turns back? It's not like Trayvon answered anything useful.

So why did he stop the investigation? After all that effort of calling the cops, taking the responsibility in your hands by following the thug then confronting him and then what? Turn around and walk back home? LOL Absolutely makes no sense. what could've Trayvon said that he suddently became neutral to Zimmerman.

Also makes no sense that once he started walking back peacefully, that Trayvon had this great idea to beat the $#@! out of him until he died.

Do you have something else that makes more sense?

You keep saying this but you're wrong sir lol. he does have to prove his side of the story, that it was justified to kill him in self-defense.
    Actually, he doesn't have to prove anything. The prosecution has to prove that he wasn't justified and it wasn't self-defense beyond any shadow of doubt. The defense just has to point out enough flaws in the prosecution's argument to instill doubt. Any doubt whatsoever = not guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    I guess. Sounds like it defeats the purpose of calling them if you're not going to listen, though.
    Even if it was the police orders, not following them is not proof of murder. The problem here for me is motive. Did Zimmerman set out to kill Trayvon from the beginning. Doubt it. Why call 911 if you plan on murdering someone.

I don't think Zimmerman should get off, but I'm not sure what he could legally be charged with. They might get him with the manslaughter charge, but I don't know what level of proof the prosecution has to reach for that. Comes down to the judge's instructions to the jury.
    Last edited by Christopher; 07-13-2013 at 13:49.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

13. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    ok I stand corrected. I knew it was something like that lol.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Verdict is in, we will know what it is soon!

Forum Overseer
    aww lawd

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Not guilty!!!!!!!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    White on black muder and the black person suffers the most... Does not sound normal to me
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    Seen that coming. Its his word against.... *crickets*......
    No proof of anything that went down really so doubt is inevitable. Can't prove otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    White on black muder and the black person suffers the most... Does not sound normal to me
    You following the same case? Whose the white person?
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    He shouldn't have attacked Zimmerman. He didn't murder Martin. Done deal.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

The Trayvon Martin Case is about to come to a close

He walked I knew it

Not guilty.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Overseer
    Not guilty!!!!!!!
    no way wow. so i heard that they might try to take this case to a higher court, could that happen?

He shouldn't have attacked Zimmerman. He didn't murder Martin. Done deal.
    we still don't know that lol.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    no way wow. so i heard that they might try to take this case to a higher court, could that happen?
    No. It's done. The criminal trial is done. Period.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Damn shame. Expected. Not surprised.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

25. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Member

we still don't know that lol.
    Innocent until proven guilty. Unless you can prove he's guilty you have no right to make such accusations. He's had his trial. A judge and jury heard all of the evidence. They say he's not guilty, and any insinuation to the opposite is slander unless you can prove what the prosecutiuon couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Damn shame. Expected. Not surprised.
    Damn shame?

It's a proper verdict based on the actual evidence.

What would be a damn shame is if you could be convicted of murder based on nothing more than mob opinion like yours. One day you may face criminal charges based on flimsy evidence and media propaganda, and should that happen you should be thankful you don't live in a country where you could be convicted of such a crime with so little evidence against you.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 07-14-2013 at 04:14.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. Unless you can prove he's guilty you have no right to make such accusations. He's had his trial. A judge and jury heard all of the evidence. They say he's not guilty, and any insinuation to the opposite is slander unless you can prove what the prosecutiuon couldn't.
    i didn't say that he's guilty. I said that we still don't know anything. the verdict is an opinion, not fact.

i'm not saying he's guilty but i can say that he's not innocent.

are you going to say that OJ was innocent and it was fact that he didn't kill them?

EDIT: regardless though, he's innocent in the eyes of the law, that doesn't mean that the general public has to say that he's innocent. i can call him anything, believe me lol.
    Last edited by Omar; 07-14-2013 at 04:17.

Thread Information