View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman get off the 2nd degree murder charge?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 54.55%
  • No

10 45.45%
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 122232 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    actually we don't if you kill someone even the guy attack you with gun/knife you still going to jail for murder

murder is murder here you might not get all 25 years but your going to jail
    You need to actually learn the laws of your country.

Self-defence against unprovoked assault
    34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.
    Extent of justification
    (2) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted and who causes death or grievous bodily harm in repelling the assault is justified if

(a) he causes it under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence with which the assault was originally made or with which the assailant pursues his purposes; and
    (b) he believes, on reasonable grounds, that he cannot otherwise preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    So you can not defend yourself in your country? Pfft going to Canada to rob people. lol
    we still bet ur ass we ant afraid of jail time

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    So he isnt going to do any time what so ever for killing a person?
    I find that mind boggling.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Verdict is the truth reached after looking at all the facts. IT is not opinion.
    No it's not. Not guilty doesn't mean anything about the truth being reached. It means that the burden of proof wasn't met.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by jinsoo View Post
    Immaterial to the case. Everything he did was perfectly lethal. Just because I'm bothering you doesn't give you the right to jump me and start caving the back of my skull in.
    that's just what you're not understanding. had martin shot zimmerman, he could've just as easily made up a story saying that this and this happened and he was creeping up on me and i felt threatened for my life.

the skull being cracked open and all the rest of the $#@! is hearsay. his injuries did not indicate that his skull was being bashed on a concrete...it only takes a few pounds of force to open someone's skull if there's no cushion on the other side of it.
    No. But it's saying if Martin hadn't jumped Zimmerman and brutally assaulted him then he wouldn't have been shot. Which is true. But that's not on Zimmerman now is it?
    lol again, you're assuming what happened based on what zimmerman said. you're just believing his version of the story...that doesn't necessarily mean that it's fact.

it's like arguing against someone's religion based on the scriptures from yours.
    Youre right this entire situation was tragic but in the eyes of the laws Zimmerman did nothing wrong and Martin did. This case, Casey Anthony, OJ Simpson, and the countless other cases out there show our system needs a bit of revisions. The first of which is suppressing the press (yeah you hate it but I don't give a $#@!) in criminal cases so a persons life in not ruined before the trial has even started. After a high profile case when a person is proven not guilty it dosent matter because their lives are already ruined.

That is why I hope you all never have something like this came upon you because you will feel every single bit of the hate you spew out now.(not aimed at you sufi sorry it looked that way)
    if i'm telling the truth, i don't care what others think, either way it's a tragedy. I understand that his life is ruined regardless of what happened but the other one is dead. i'd rather be the one with the life ruined than the one without one.

personally, i don't go after people assuming $#@!, I'll just let the cops deal with that. unless i see a crime happening, i can't see myself making assumptions. Reason being that I have received higher education unlike the shooter here :P

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Ever been in a fight? Most times the ONLY reason you stop pounding on them is because someone pulls you off of them...
    I have been in a fight, and not being an animal my humanity kicks in when I get them down on the ground and in control. I don't continually pound their into the pavement. You act like all fights escalate to this point without interference. I've seen plenty, and have been in a few where people have the common sense to stop before killing the person.

PS3 Trophies
    You can do a hundred things right, but it takes only one mistake to destroy everything.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    BLACK PERSON DEATH, is just another T.V RATINGS for NEWS NETWORK'S and that is fact

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    You need to actually learn the laws of your country.

-_- does not mean $#@! say you attack me somehow killed you i will get charge with murder, fight in our law system for a year or 2 i will be found guilty for some kind of murder charged and i will get time served i will get no real jail or around 30 days

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    BLACK PERSON DEATH, is just another T.V RATINGS for NEWS NETWORKER'S and that is fact
    black person death by white person.... that's more accurate.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

it's like arguing against someone's religion based on the scriptures from yours.
    if i'm telling the truth, i don't care what others think, either way it's a tragedy. I understand that his life is ruined regardless of what happened but the other one is dead. i'd rather be the one with the life ruined than the one without one.

personally, i don't go after people assuming $#@!, I'll just let the cops deal with that. unless i see a crime happening, i can't see myself making assumptions. Reason being that I have received higher education unlike the shooter here :P
    IDk I see it like the death penalty vs life in jail thing. A while ago there was a bet between two psychologist (Note I was told this long ago by teacher so it may or may not be true if not I welcome to proven wrong). Basically one guy sat in jail for life. After 15 years he gave up and said he would rather die. People who get blasted and labeled guilty by the press can never have a normal life ever(duke lacrosse players a good example as they where labled guilty but $#@! admitted she lied but damage was done, kicked out of school, life ruined that's best example as they where clearly innocent).

The only hope is that like before this trial started people lost interest and didn't give a $#@! till media started stories again, that people will forget or at least have open mind to the person charged they can get a job and life again.

black person death by white person.... that's more accurate.
    It is amazing reading friend FB and a few celebes how many people talk about him getting off because he white, or white privliage, when Zimmerman was Hispanic. Shows you how close to Idiocracy we really are.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    -_- does not mean $#@! say you attack me somehow killed you i will get charge with murder fight in our law system for a year or 2 i will be found guilty for some kind of murder charged and i will get time served i will get no real jail or around 30 days
    Don't say things about your laws you don't even know. It doesn't help at all. I posted one of your laws for you, and it goes completely against what you're saying. So stop please.

Forum Overseer
    Funny how you discredit for using assumptions and then make some of your own. No one knows Martin wanted to avoid a confrontation at all. We only have the word of the girl on the other end of the phone who has already been shown to be an unreliable witness.
    lol that's not an assumptions. There are two reasonable things behind it. 1) texts Martin sent to her saying that he's being followed. if he wasn't concerned, he wouldn't have texted that to his gf.
    2) he was walking away, not towards.

zimmerman said himself that he stopped martin to ask him questions.

And yea if you're telling me that Zimmerman is this big bad bully that goes around starting fights but cant even manage to get one scratch on his target then you must have hit your head pretty hard. And even if he somehow managed that, then wouldn't you agree that Martin took it way too far? I mean way too far. If Zimmerman is that terrible of a fighter then why keep slamming his head into the pavement. why keep pummeling his face and shattering his nose? If I had a kid who was being stalked at night then I'd hope I raised him better than to not beat somebody to death.
    you know that's a bunch of bull$#@!. if you had a kid, you don't know this until you have one. you would not be thinking about what he did to the other guy rather what you would do to the guy with whatever intention he had following him.

from an objective perspective without knowing facts, I will say that hitting him that much is not normal just like killing the kid wasn't. however we don't know what actually went on there. it makes no sense to me that trayvon would hit him without a reason and it makes no sense to me that zimmerman would walk back when none of his questions were answered. if he was this emotional about it, then why did he deem trayvon as neutral suddenly without any reason?

something happened there that he skewed and we can't prove it otherwise.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Don't say things about your laws you don't even know. It doesn't help at all. I posted one of your laws for you, and it goes completely against what you're saying. So stop please.
    how about don't tell me how our laws work here when you don't live here

Elite Member
    if this happen in canada he won't be walking free
    If it was Canada he would have died from the beating, cause he would be denied a CCW to defend himself.

Forum Overseer
    IDk I see it like the death penalty vs life in jail thing. A while ago there was a bet between two psychologist (Note I was told this long ago by teacher so it may or may not be true if not I welcome to proven wrong). Basically one guy sat in jail for life. After 15 years he gave up and said he would rather die. People who get blasted and labeled guilty by the press can never have a normal life ever(duke lacrosse players a good example as they where labled guilty but $#@! admitted she lied but damage was done, kicked out of school, life ruined that's best example as they where clearly innocent).

The only hope is that like before this trial started people lost interest and didn't give a $#@! till media started stories again, that people will forget or at least have open mind to the person charged they can get a job and life again.
    I guess I see things differently. I can easily move to a different country. i'm not one of those that would quit and would rather die. i've been through rock bottom many years ago and not once did i think about my life ending...i did however think about my life not having value...offtopic but i realized that indeed life is insignificant but that's a different, a more philosophical topic.

It is amazing reading friend FB and a few celebes how many people talk about him getting off because he white, or white privliage, when Zimmerman was Hispanic. Shows you how close to Idiocracy we really are.
    technically he's partially white but yes, I think people should be careful about a person's ethnicity.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    black DEATH SALES ratings and makes life that wee bit more interesting and that is $#@!ing sad
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    If it was Canada he would have died from the beating, cause he would be denied a CCW to defend himself.
    If it was UK ti will take 20 years and a dozen trials to convict. But not before changing the law to abolish double jeopardy.

Veteran
    I have been in a fight, and not being an animal my humanity kicks in when I get them down on the ground and in control. I don't continually pound their into the pavement. You act like all fights escalate to this point without interference. I've seen plenty, and have been in a few where people have the common sense to stop before killing the person.
    Hate to break it to you, but humans ARE animals... I also missed the part where I said all fights escalate to that point uninterrupted.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Elite Member
    Exactly. If Martin would have just kept on walking, instead of waiting on Zimmerman, this wouldn't have happened.
    No, if Martin had ran off after knocking Zim to the ground he would still be alive...to bad he decide to continue his thugness on Zim.

Superior Member
    lol that's not an assumptions. There are two reasonable things behind it. 1) texts Martin sent to her saying that he's being followed. if he wasn't concerned, he wouldn't have texted that to his gf.
    2) he was walking away, not towards.

zimmerman said himself that he stopped martin to ask him questions.

you know that's a bunch of bull$#@!. if you had a kid, you don't know this until you have one. you would not be thinking about what he did to the other guy rather what you would do to the guy with whatever intention he had following him.

from an objective perspective without knowing facts, I will say that hitting him that much is not normal just like killing the kid wasn't. however we don't know what actually went on there. it makes no sense to me that trayvon would hit him without a reason and it makes no sense to me that zimmerman would walk back when none of his questions were answered. if he was this emotional about it, then why did he deem trayvon as neutral suddenly without any reason?

something happened there that he skewed and we can't prove it otherwise.
    1) is an assumption. just because he texted his friend that someone was following him doesn't mean that he wasn't ready for a confrontation especially considering the fight happened sometime after that text and it doesn't take much for someone to get into fight mode.
    2) again, timeline. he was walking away for a bit. doesn't mean he couldn't have been the one that turned around and jumped him.

again you admit it yourself, your emotions have nothing to do with what the law is. and it makes plenty of sense of what happened. Zimmerman didn't just say "Meh" and walk away. He lost sight of Trayvon. It was dark and it was raining and he couldn't see him anymore so he headed back to the truck. Why is that so improbable?

PS3 Trophies
    You can do a hundred things right, but it takes only one mistake to destroy everything.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    when i was in high school i got bullied on by 3 guys i got into a fight with them on camera i got charged with assault with body harm video showed me getting corner and attack first , i still got in $#@! for it

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I guess I see things differently. I can easily move to a different country. i'm not one of those that would quit and would rather die. i've been through rock bottom many years ago and not once did i think about my life ending...i did however think about my life not having value...offtopic but i realized that indeed life is insignificant but that's a different, a more philosophical topic.

technically he's partially white but yes, I think people should be careful about a person's ethnicity.
    Yeah I just know if I ever killed someone who was assaulting me and he was black (just saying like I was walking my dog and got jumped not following someone because I am not that stupid) and I shot and killed him I would know my life is over because I am forever labeled a racist regardless of why I shot him, evidence, and beging proven not guilty. Freedom of the press combined with the uneducated masses of public opinion(not all uneducated but we can admit the average is and will just follow what ever is cool and popular) has made my country a guilty even proven otherwise country. My founding fathers would be sad.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    black DEATH SALES ratings and makes life that wee bit more interesting and that is $#@!ing sad
    Only if it's promoted with racial bias. Otherwise, it isn't even in the news, much less the talk of the town.
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    No, if Martin had ran off after knocking Zim to the ground he would still be alive...to bad he decide to continue his thugness on Zim.
    True.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Simply put the prosecutors didn't have enough evidence to convict zimmerman.

I feel for the family and nobody wins in this case.

I will say "IF" you were in a situation your legally armed and your getting your ass kicked and fear for your life you WOULDN'T shoot the attacker.

Is that what happened not gonna get into that however the fact that race has anything to do with the outcome of the trail it is assine. I live 25 mins from sanford yes there is racial tension in that small city is that why Zimmerman got away with it? $#@! no.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

25. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    1) is an assumption. just because he texted his friend that someone was following him doesn't mean that he wasn't ready for a confrontation especially considering the fight happened sometime after that text and it doesn't take much for someone to get into fight mode.
    You're now saying something completely different. Just because he's afraid, doesn't mean he's not ready for a fight. Offense is sometimes the best defense. Out of fear, I can see myself fight anyone, depending on the situation.

he may have realized that zimmerman is weak and proceeded to beat him. if i was being followed by some creep, i can see myself beating him up out of anger longer than usual.
    2) again, timeline. he was walking away for a bit. doesn't mean he couldn't have been the one that turned around and jumped him.
    i think you're getting your two negatives wrong here. You're agreeing with me so I'll assume that you weren't agreeing with me since that's why we're arguing. so yes, you still would agree with me either way because yes, we can't say that he walked back or did not. the distance does not prove anything that happened.
    again you admit it yourself, your emotions have nothing to do with what the law is. and it makes plenty of sense of what happened. Zimmerman didn't just say "Meh" and walk away. He lost sight of Trayvon. It was dark and it was raining and he couldn't see him anymore so he headed back to the truck. Why is that so improbable?
    so you're telling me that he did not interrogate the kid?

and that sounds bs anyway because all of this happened within minutes of the 911 call. if he was 150 feet away from where they were...he stopped looking for him after a minute or two? lol. sure.

i can't imagine someone coming up behind me and hitting me when I'm clearly in alert mode. must have been one deaf mofo.
    Yeah I just know if I ever killed someone who was assaulting me and he was black (just saying like I was walking my dog and got jumped not following someone because I am not that stupid) and I shot and killed him I would know my life is over because I am forever labeled a racist regardless of why I shot him, evidence, and beging proven not guilty. Freedom of the press combined with the uneducated masses of public opinion(not all uneducated but we can admit the average is and will just follow what ever is cool and popular) has made my country a guilty even proven otherwise country. My founding fathers would be sad.
    trust me, that has nothing to do with this country. this happens everywhere. people will have opinion (mostly without facts or even reasons). that's a human trait.

Thread Information