Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman get off the 2nd degree murder charge?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 54.55%
  • No

10 45.45%
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 162636 ... LastLast
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    they may be saying that because majority of the whites supported zimmerman. saying that whites backed the defense.

and yes some people are just ignorant.
    Thats really the one things that gets on my nervs more than anything. The ones who know nothing, have not followed anything about the case just go by whatever popular saying it is (like when that one star witness girl came up and was just a barrel full of stupidity but oh no see was Martin GF so lets turn it around and support her), and stick to thier opinon which is just bathed in ignorance. Not saying anyone here but my ex friend is closest example. She was completly ignorant, would not watch any witness get crossed examined, then went off on an anti America speech(shes came from Jamacia when she was young and is a legal citizen here) and claims she knows everything when she admitted she never watched entire trial or read up she just saw what was posted on her support Martin page and of course that can't be bias at all lol.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Thing is all this press backlash started before anyone even knew what Zimmerman looked like they went of name and assumed white. Then when they where shown wrong it was to late to back out. Heck even now people who know nothing about the trial just the events still think he is white go check out some of the comment on pages about how they mad about verdict and calling it "white privilege" among other things.
    Too right. Zim is as white as Barrack Obama. This case is overkill on racism. Not only was the media caught up in it...they edited the 911 tapes to make it look like Zim was racist. This was about stand your ground laws...not racism. If people would take their own prejudices out of it....close your eyes and picture yourself having your head bashed into the ground over and over what would you do? Wait til your brain dead or permenantly injured or protect yourself with the only way available. Zim saved his own life...thats the end of the story. Everything else is just race baiting. The media is responsible for ALL of this. It sickens me. They aren't covering the 11 teenagers killed in Chicago last night are they??? Over 30 shot and injured. Where's the outrage??? Last time I checked Zim was hispanic so I really don't get it. TV and media looking for a story. Too many people on here THINK they know what happened...they get bits and pieces and THINK they know the story. The 6 women in the jury know 1000 times more than anyone here. They didn't get opinionated stories off of TV...hearsay...they got the real story and still found him innocent. Fact! This should never have gone to trial. Wrongful death....sure..but even that will be hard to prove. The judge won't keep out the THC in Travons system...the photos on his phone...it will still be hard to prove...but even then they don't have to prove 100% with that...even if he is just 20 or 30% responsible he will have to pay. I just hope we can get on to real civil rights issues...like all the dead black teenagers in Chicago....oh wait...they weren't killed by white people...my bad....lets ignore that while innocent people are being affected all around them.

That zimmerman guy was racial profiling Trayvon.....he follows him....then "defends" himself when the altercation doesn't go his way....and now he is free from murder. wtf. I blame the prosecution they didn't really present their case well. Justice did not prevail yesterday.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thats really the one things that gets on my nervs more than anything. The ones who know nothing, have not followed anything about the case just go by whatever popular saying it is (like when that one star witness girl came up and was just a barrel full of stupidity but oh no see was Martin GF so lets turn it around and support her), and stick to thier opinon which is just bathed in ignorance. Not saying anyone here but my ex friend is closest example. She was completly ignorant, would not watch any witness get crossed examined, then went off on an anti America speech(shes came from Jamacia when she was young and is a legal citizen here) and claims she knows everything when she admitted she never watched entire trial or read up she just saw what was posted on her support Martin page and of course that can't be bias at all lol.
    thing is, whatever happened, happened...some mistakes were made in the event, one guy had more ways to defend himself than the other so it turned out this way.

if there was someone around to push these guys off one another, this would've just been your normal average quarrel.

there are ignorant people on both sides.

Flaw3d Genius

too much fear and violence in this country for me to live a normal life.
    You should try living in Pakistan

6. Likes davin_g likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    lol. gotta single em out doncha

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Extreme Poster
    it's funny that you're trying to insinuate that there's more crime and fear in Pakistan but you're ignorant of what it is like there. we don't fear approaching people there, people don't need guns to defend themselves from others. we don't have one of the highest crime rates, rapes, murders, killing sprees, organized gangs or drug cartels in the world.

the reason we came here was for education, opportunity and money. but i was much happier back there.

i didn't fear anyone, i didn't fear to send my children to schools.

i have thought about living back there but the wars caused by the US which has caused Taliban to retaliate against the Pakistanis has made it difficult for me to move back there. but i still consider it.

i have spoken to my wife about moving to India instead...her motherland. i have thought about moving to eastern Asia as well. lots of opportunities there. i plan to move out of here someday. Canada seems like the best and more realistic option but my wife doesn't like the weather there and she's raised here so she doesn't see what i do.

but thanks for the comment though, i expect nothing less from you lol.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by say_what View Post
    That zimmerman guy was racial profiling Trayvon.....he follows him....then "defends" himself when the altercation doesn't go his way....and now he is free from murder. wtf. I blame the prosecution they didn't really present their case well. Justice did not prevail yesterday.
    Did you racial profile Zimmerman like the media did? Did you think he was white? He isn't. Fact is it is NOT illegal for citizens to racial profile! Zimmerman KNOWS the people living in his community. He knows this stranger cutting through his community and hanging out close to the buildings DIDN'T belong. So he checked it out. Trayvon had every opportunity to stop this thing..to avoid it. He NEVER at anytime had the right to put his hands on the guy....nor break his nose...and proceed to bash his brains out the back of his skull by smashing it against the concrete. I blame the prosecution too...they should have NEVER brought it to trial. It had no chance....all the evidence supported Zimmerman....all the eye witnesses SUPPORTED Zimmerman....you are looking for something that wasn't there. A terrible tragedy that no one wishes would have happened but it did. Goes to show you should think before you act....BOTH WAYS. Think before you throw a punch...before you try to kill a guy by beating his brains out. Think before you confront someone as well....be able to handle yourself so you are not so easily overpowered to have to result to a gun. I just think this is all political...all media enduced. Those that throw race in....should consider it without race involved. Just take the facts....what if it was a woman that confronted him...and got her brains smashed in. What if it was an asian man or woman...a black man or woman...a white man or woman...no it was a hispanic man that did it. It was a sad thing that happened...it shouldn't have...but it was BOTH peoples fault.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    but how can it be accepted
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    it's funny that you're trying to insinuate that there's more crime and fear in Pakistan but you're ignorant of what it is like there. we don't fear approaching people there, people don't need guns to defend themselves from others. we don't have one of the highest crime rates, rapes, murders, killing sprees, organized gangs or drug cartels in the world.

the reason we came here was for education, opportunity and money. but i was much happier back there.

i have thought about living back there but the wars caused by the US which has caused Taliban to retaliate against the Pakistanis has made it difficult for me to move back there. but i still consider it.

i have spoken to my wife about moving to India instead...her motherland. i have thought about moving to eastern Asia as well. lots of opportunities there. i plan to move out of here someday. Canada seems like the best and more realistic option but my wife doesn't like the weather there and she's raised here so she doesn't see what i do.

wat do u do for a living the only stoping you from entering canada

Superior Member

Really....India and Pakistan where they rape women in the open and nothing is done about it. Take your wife there. Honestly America has its flaws...has bad people but it is by far the greatest country in the world for opportunity and freedom. If you want to raise your family somewhere else that is your right...but if you think there aren't millions that wouldn't trade places with you everyday...your dilusional...I'm not going to pretend the US hasn't affected millions of people with our wars but if you've seen the hugs...the hope and thanks of those our troops have built hospitals and schools for...run out the thugs and murderers of so women can go to school and not live like second class citizens than perhaps you wouldn't be so quick to judge. There is no perfect...I'm sorry you believe your homeland has been made worse by us but I think there are always two sides to a story and you convienently left out the other side.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Did you racial profile Zimmerman like the media did? Did you think he was white? He isn't.
    You're assuming this about him.
    Fact is it is NOT illegal for citizens to racial profile! Zimmerman KNOWS the people living in his community. He knows this stranger cutting through his community and hanging out close to the buildings DIDN'T belong. So he checked it out.
    what does that have to do with "racia" profiling? lol.
    Trayvon had every opportunity to stop this thing..to avoid it.
    and that's why he followed george and interrogated him? gotcha.
    He NEVER at anytime had the right to put his hands on the guy....nor break his nose...and proceed to bash his brains out the back of his skull by smashing it against the concrete.
    that's part of the story. we don't know who started it. you're just believing the defense story, that's all there is to it. there are scenarios where it can be seen that trayvon was likely defending himself by taking this guy out. also the part where george is walking back and gets hit is full of holes and logic errors.
    I blame the prosecution too...they should have NEVER brought it to trial. It had no chance....all the evidence supported Zimmerman....all the eye witnesses SUPPORTED Zimmerman....you are looking for something that wasn't there. A terrible tragedy that no one wishes would have happened but it did. Goes to show you should think before you act....BOTH WAYS. Think before you throw a punch...before you try to kill a guy by beating his brains out.
    his brains weren't beaten out. he had a scruff on the back of his head. there's no indication that he was going to die that night. also you're agains demonstrating that you want to believe george's side of the story, which is fine but i wouldn't pass that off as fact.
    Think before you confront someone as well....be able to handle yourself so you are not so easily overpowered to have to result to a gun.
    i agree here, he approached the whole thing in the worst possible way. i hope they never let him have another gun and closely monitor any additional issues by him.
    I just think this is all political...all media enduced. Those that throw race in....should consider it without race involved. Just take the facts....what if it was a woman that confronted him...and got her brains smashed in. What if it was an asian man or woman...a black man or woman...a white man or woman...no it was a hispanic man that did it. It was a sad thing that happened...it shouldn't have...but it was BOTH peoples fault.
    well, we know that women aren't that stupid but let's consider that a woman was being followed by a creep with a loaded gun and she shot the man...then what? who would you support? too bad the kid didn't have a gun to defend himself and had to rely on his fists.

14. Likes say_what likes this post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by say_what View Post
    So it's the prosecution fault now? What's next, it the jury fault? Maybe it gun control?
    How the $#@! are they suppose to present a better case WITH NOTHING, other than "skittle" and "17 year old boy" argument?

You can't convict someone of 2nd degree murder with just "Philadelphia" movie lines.
    The jury knew this and they were all woman, and some of them have children of their own.

Let see: real physical evidences vs movie lines. The jury chose physical evidences! Justice did prevail.

16. Likes F34R likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Really....India and Pakistan where they rape women in the open and nothing is done about it.
    that happens in India, not in Pakistan. i wouldn't mix them together.
    Take your wife there.
    she'll be more safe there than here. i assure you this.
    Honestly America has its flaws...has bad people but it is by far the greatest country in the world for opportunity and freedom.
    for opportunity, i totally agree. for freedom, i agree in some things but not in others.
    If you want to raise your family somewhere else that is your right...but if you think there aren't millions that wouldn't trade places with you everyday...your dilusional...
    more power to them. i don't understand how that rebuttals what I'm saying though.
    I'm not going to pretend the US hasn't affected millions of people with our wars but if you've seen the hugs...the hope and thanks of those our troops have built hospitals and schools for...run out the thugs and murderers of
    and that's worth killing more than a million people and injuring more than a million and half. gotcha. brainwashed.
    so women can go to school and not live like second class citizens than perhaps you wouldn't be so quick to judge.
    women do go to school already in Iraq. they don't live like 2nd class citizen there. that is a typical ignorant belief of the western society.

the women's right in general are a worldwide issue and doesn't jst occur there, however, US needed to go there and "liberate" those people...sounds peachy for the average americans. what about south america? statistically the worst place to live for anyone (much less a woman) in the world and yet no bombs are ever dropped there to secure women and children. i guess there are no "interests" there.

and to liberate people of Afghanistan from the backward Taliban didn't need bombs that killed more civilians than them...it needed a political change.
    There is no perfect...I'm sorry you believe your homeland has been made worse by us but I think there are always two sides to a story and you convienently left out the other side.
    you can always talk about the other side, we should open up a thread for it. i'm not seeing the other side you speak of.

PSU Technical Advisor
    So remind me again why there was no massive outcry or publicity for either of these?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1033062

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgia-baby-killed

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    So remind me again why there was no massive outcry or publicity for either of these?

Cause the president wouldn't want his kids looking like them.

Extreme Poster

because there's no argument there. the first one didn't die as well.

if you're saying that one race gets better treatment in the media than the other than how you different than the ones that are so quick to make everything a racial problem?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Cause the president wouldn't want his kids looking like them.
    exactly. no political pressure or Jackson to press the issue

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Extreme Poster
    why would there be pressure when the cases are clear cut?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Read these tweets from the pro's, etc.

http://deadspin.com/the-zimmerman-ve...ium=socialflow

Flaw3d Genius

I wasnt being serious hench the smiley!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Fernando Tatís @FernandoTatis17 i just read the jury decided on the verdict in 16.5 hours, everyone here has made their mind up in 30 minutes & didnt hear any of the trial
    LOl hit nail right on head.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

26. Likes davin_g likes this post
    Flaw3d Genius

I wasnt being serious hench the smiley! You married an Indian women? You brave are you not (although great taste) Im friends with alot of Indian's and they dont really like Pakistani's to put it very mildly.

The exact same thing happens here in Britain on a weekly basis! It's never seen as a racist crime if the receiver of the crime is white nor does it get anywhere near the same coverage however the media are all over the "racist crime" if he's black. I honestly think people are scrared to call Black people racist... now i dont know to much on your side of the pond but certainly here in Blighty.
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 07-14-2013 at 18:03.

Miqo'te Bard
    I wasnt being serious hench the smiley!
    The exact same thing happens here in Britain on a weekly basis! It's never seen as a racist crime if the receiver of the crime is white nor does it get anywhere near the same coverage however the media are all over the "racist crime" if he's black. I honestly think people are scrared to call Black people racist... now i dont know to much on your side of the pond but certainly here in Blighty.
    Honestly if a time ever comes where I have to pull my gun and shoot someone I hope they are not black because then I will be called a racist even after showing no prejudice over the course of my entire life.

I wonder how many of these athletes who are crying "it's not fair" have gotten off on something like a DUI or other crime. Yea it sucks, but welcome to the legal system. You've played it and won. Zimmerman got his like Stallworth got off with a slap on the wrist for running a dude over in his car while wasted
    LOL
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 07-14-2013 at 18:06.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Honestly if a time ever comes where I have to pull my gun and shoot someone I hope they are not black because then I will be called a racist even after showing no prejudice over the course of my entire life.

LOL
    If I'm ever called a racist in a situation like that, I'll just enter my videos as character witnesses. That'll prove without a reasonable doubt that I'm not a racist.

Thread Information