View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman get off the 2nd degree murder charge?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 54.55%
  • No

10 45.45%
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    For the sake of interest, did Trayvon not have a personal criminal history? As I recall he had a fairly troubled past.
    Even if he did it won't make a difference. They aren't allowed to bring that up.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Given what I have read on this, admittedly awhile back, I hope Zimmerman is acquitted. This whole thing is just a race bating charade. Zimmerman acted a bit stupidly, but he did nothing illegal or overtly malicious. He was over zealous, but Trayvon did jump him and the kid was no 'child angel'. That media myth has been soundly debunked.

The only reason this has made any news, at all, is because it involves Castle Law (as I recall), Trayvon being black and Zimmerman being cast as a "white" guy, in spite of being hispanic. The media had a clear agenda from the get go and the whole thing got blown out of proportion.
    Exactly. If this was black on black crime, or white on white etc. no one would give two $#@!s about it. But because the racist Al Sharpton stepped in people cared even though it is egg on his face because Zimmerman Hispanic. Anyone wondering why I call him the racist Al Sharpton look up his history.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Exactly. If this was black on black crime, or white on white etc. no one would give two $#@!s about it. But because the racist Al Sharpton stepped in people cared even though it is egg on his face because Zimmerman Hispanic. Anyone wondering why I call him the racist Al Sharpton look up his history.
    It's not just him, did you forget what this guy said?

I don't care about what race is involved, all I know is that Zimmerman was prejudice against him and that's proven from the 911 call.

Forum Sage
    Sharpton isn't one of my favorite people but to call him racist is going a bit overboard. He has come a long way from his controversial past though.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It's not just him, did you forget what this guy said?

I don't care about what race is involved, all I know is that Zimmerman was prejudice against him and that's proven from the 911 call.
    Heraldo lol never saw that before but I always thought that dude was a joke. Zimmerman may have been prejudice and I do not disagree, but according to the law and what evidence I have seen he did defend himself. Zimmerman should have stayed in car yes but he broke no law and yeah it sucks and shows that our law system is messed up. The parents do have a civil suit for grief and whatever else their lawyer can think of. Also amazing that clip still shows all the pics of Martin that's like ten years old. That is what I have a problem with. The media in US manipulates to what they think. Sure in the law guilty until proven innocent, but media is guilty even when proven innocent. British papers have it right by holding information back until after trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Sharpton isn't one of my favorite people but to call him racist is going a bit overboard. He has come a long way from his controversial past though.
    Did he ever apologize to the Duke players who lives he ruined, what about the guy before him? That dude is a racists.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Overseer
    Heraldo lol never saw that before but I always thought that dude was a joke. Zimmerman may have been prejudice and I do not disagree, but according to the law and what evidence I have seen he did defend himself. Zimmerman should have stayed in car yes but he broke no law and yeah it sucks and shows that our law system is messed up. The parents do have a civil suit for grief and whatever else their lawyer can think of. Also amazing that clip still shows all the pics of Martin that's like ten years old. That is what I have a problem with. The media in US manipulates to what they think. Sure in the law guilty until proven innocent, but media is guilty even when proven innocent. British papers have it right by holding information back until after trial.
    Did he ever apologize to the Duke players who lives he ruined, what about the guy before him? That dude is a racists.
    Yea I agree that they painted a very different picture to create this bias against Zimmerman.

I also don't believe that Zimmerman wanted to kill him from the beginning just because he was black. I think what happened was that he was tired of all the crime and probably started getting agitated due to this (including his lack of pills), he let his stereotypical side take the better of him. Whatever happened later, once he started to lose...he probably resorted to the gun as it was the easiest way to get revenge and save himself from the beat down.

I don't think either of them intended to kill one another but if you have a gun on you, I can myself find several times when I could easily kill someone out of anger.

For example, my downstairs neighbours (trust me I'm not self-incriminating right now lol), always bang their ceilings (we're on top floor) for stupid $#@! and I get fearful that they're going to come upstairs someday and shoot at us...which makes me want to have a gun (I've decided not to though) and sometimes I run the scenario in my mind that they're taking down our door out of anger and I'm shooting their faces off as they walk inside.

Does that make me a murderer? I think we all can have psychotic episodes depending on the circumstances.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I'll just say now this guy will walk we'll see what the outcome is later this week.

Im not taking sides on the arugment but just based on being in the field and it being local to me I dont see this guy being convicted

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage

If he hasn't he probably should, but that doesn't make him a racist.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Martin attacks Zimmerman, Zimmerman defends himself. End of story. Anything beyond that is actually irrelevant.

It doesn't matter what the 911 dispatcher told him to do or not to do. It doesn't matter if he verbally berated Martin. blah blah... When Martin turned the confrontation into an actual physical attack, Zimmerman defended himself. The prosecution only made sure this was going to court to save "political" face.

He will be found not guilty. The prosecution doesn't have $#@! worth a case. The witnesses are crap, and they don't have anything beyond that.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Martin attacks Zimmerman, Zimmerman defends himself. End of story.
    I know and that sucks because this case could've also been a defense case if Martin had a gun and had shot him first.

The story would've been different altogether. Basically whoever had a gun that night, gets to write the history.

Miqo'te Bard
    If he hasn't he probably should, but that doesn't make him a racist.
    He always says the white people who get blamed are guilty and only speaks up for cases where it is white vs blacks. In Zimmerman case he thought he was white but turns out he was not. Still one could argue he always thinks the black person is innocent. That is racist, and as history proves Sharpton not always right. You will never be able to convince me other wise until he steps up apologizes to those he said where guilty and where proven where not, and starts taking black on black crimes, or even white on white or black on white where the black person is being accused.

Forum Sage
    Martin attacks Zimmerman, Zimmerman defends himself. End of story. Anything beyond that is actually irrelevant.

It doesn't matter what the 911 dispatcher told him to do or not to do. It doesn't matter if he verbally berated Martin. blah blah... When Martin turned the confrontation into an actual physical attack, Zimmerman defended himself. The prosecution only made sure this was going to court to save "political" face.
    That's something we don't know for sure. Only two people know that and one is dead. He is exactly where he should be, on trial. It's not right to just take his word for the incident.

]He will be found not guilty. The prosecution doesn't have $#@! worth a case. The witnesses are crap, and they don't have anything beyond that.
    I think he will be found guilty of 2nd degree murder. They definitely have a strong case. It won't be that easy for him to walk away from this.

He always says the white people who get blamed are guilty and only speaks up for cases where it is white vs blacks. In Zimmerman case he thought he was white but turns out he was not. Still one could argue he always thinks the black person is innocent. That is racist, and as history proves Sharpton not always right. You will never be able to convince me other wise until he steps up apologizes to those he said where guilty and where proven where not, and starts taking black on black crimes, or even white on white or black on white where the black person is being accused.
    What you described is not a example of a racist.

Forum Overseer
    That's something we don't know for sure. Only two people know that and one is dead. He is exactly where he should be, on trial. It's not right to just take his word for the incident.
    Totally agree there.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

I think he will be found guilty of 2nd degree murder. They definitely have a strong case. It won't be that easy for him to walk away from this.

What you described is not a example of a racist.
    There isn't any actual evidence to 2nd Degree Murder lol.

Forum Sage
    There isn't any actual evidence to 2nd Degree Murder lol.
    There also isn't any evidence that Martin was the instigator. He doesn't get to decide if it was self defense. He is on trial for a reason. It's not going so well for him right now.

Forum Overseer
    It's not going so well for him right now.
    Based on?

Forum Sage

No. Yuuichi is actually correct but for a different reason altogether. You see, Sharpton is a racist in that he never stands up for every race equally when controversial issues arise. He's quick to give blacks a blanket pass but let it be any other race and the people of said race are quickly and summarily dismissed and/or thrown under the bus. He's one of those closet racists; the kind that engages in double standards.

I think you should do some research and look into Sharpton as a purely academic exercise.

Forum Overseer
    Yea I'd never defend Sharpton but I won't defend O'Reily either. Not saying anyone here would, just trying to say that we're all the same.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I know and that sucks because this case could've also been a defense case if Martin had a gun and had shot him first.

The story would've been different altogether. Basically whoever had a gun that night, gets to write the history.
    LOL u can't physically strike someone and then shoot them afterwards and claim self defense. Martin was the one that physically strike Zim first and continue to do so, Zim never lay a strike on him and only shot him cause he was in fear of his life. If Zim did hit Martin the prosecutor would have jump on it already, but there is ZERO physical evidence Zim hit him, only the other way around. So all they doing right now is using keyword for sympathy like "kid", "bright future", "only walking", "bag of skittle", and so on. If the jury is strong and not afraid of the media and death threats than Zim would go free base on the evidences.

I think the media had brainwash the public regarding this case. Like FEAR said; Martin physically assaulted Zim, Zim shot him in self defense. End of Story.

Superior Member
    There also isn't any evidence that Martin was the instigator. He doesn't get to decide if it was self defense. He is on trial for a reason. It's not going so well for him right now.
    There is evidence that shows he was the instigator. His autopsy revealed only two injuries, the gunshot wound and bloodied knuckles. He never got hit from Zimmerman. Zimmerman on the other hand suffered a fractured nose, had injuries to the back of his head, and most importantly, had no injuries to his hands. He never hit Martin. Several eyewitness accounts also back up the claim of Martin on top of Zimmerman wailing away at him. No this doesn't prove that Zimmerman didn't goad Martin into attacking. But it proves that he's not the one that escalated it into a physical altercation.

PS3 Trophies
    You can do a hundred things right, but it takes only one mistake to destroy everything.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    No. Yuuichi is actually correct but for a different reason altogether. You see, Sharpton is a racist in that he never stands up for every race equally when controversial issues arise. He's quick to give blacks a blanket pass but let it be any other race and the people of said race are quickly and summarily dismissed and/or thrown under the bus. He's one of those closet racists; the kind that engages in double standards.

I think you should do some research and look into Sharpton as a purely academic exercise.
    Even if that was true that still doesn't make him a racist. He does seem to be an opportunist at times though. Sharpton is really no different than anyone else. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a supporter of his but the man has made some huge errors in judgements, just like a lot of people. His actions doesn't fit the definition of a racist.

There is evidence that shows he was the instigator. His autopsy revealed only two injuries, the gunshot wound and bloodied knuckles. He never got hit from Zimmerman. Zimmerman on the other hand suffered a fractured nose, had injuries to the back of his head, and most importantly, had no injuries to his hands. He never hit Martin. Several eyewitness accounts also back up the claim of Martin on top of Zimmerman wailing away at him. No this doesn't prove that Zimmerman didn't goad Martin into attacking. But it proves that he's not the one that escalated it into a physical altercation.
    There is no evidence that said who was the instigator. You are taking his word only. Just because witnesses saw martin on top doesn't mean he started the incident. That just means he was beating Zimmermans ass. That doesn't mean he has the right to kill him. I think Zimmerman own statements are what's gonna get him convicted. You could say that martin was in fear too.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-01-2013 at 04:55.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    LOL u can't physically strike someone and then shoot them afterwards and claim self defense. Martin was the one that physically strike Zim first and continue to do so, Zim never lay a strike on him and only shot him cause he was in fear of his life. If Zim did hit Martin the prosecutor would have jump on it already, but there is ZERO physical evidence Zim hit him, only the other way around. So all they doing right now is using keyword for sympathy like "kid", "bright future", "only walking", "bag of skittle", and so on. If the jury is strong and not afraid of the media and death threats than Zim would go free base on the evidences.

I think the media had brainwash the public regarding this case. Like FEAR said; Martin physically assaulted Zim, Zim shot him in self defense. End of Story.
    you've misunderstood me. 1) we don't know who hit who first, we have no idea what went on between them except what his gf can testify for and what we know from the 911 call.

what I said was that if Trayvon had the gun and we know Zimmerman was stalking him and Trayvon knew it and it's reasonable to believe that he was afraid of Zimmerman. If Trayvon had shot him for approaching him, he could've made up a story as well and said that he appeared a threat or that he was reaching for his gun.

Just like Zimmerman said that he somehow attacked him first and even if that happened, it's odd that he'd do that after running away from him. It must've been something so provoking that he decided to instead attack rather than back away more. and that Martin said that he was going to kill him that night...bull$#@!.

I'm giving a scenario that could've happened, if the kid had a gun too.

Superior Member
    There is no evidence that said who was the instigator. You are taking his word only. Just because witnesses saw martin on top doesn't mean he started the incident. That just means he was beating Zimmermans ass. That doesn't mean he has the right to kill him. I think Zimmerman own statements are what's gonna get him convicted. You could say that martin was in fear too.
    How could Zimmerman have instigated a physical confrontation without physically hitting him?

PS3 Trophies
    You can do a hundred things right, but it takes only one mistake to destroy everything.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by jinsoo View Post
    How could Zimmerman have instigated a physical confrontation without physically hitting him?
    How do you know he didn't hit him or shove him?

Superior Member
    How do you know he didn't hit him or shove him?
    Again, the physical evidence is there. Autopsy of Martin shows no bruising, no scratches, no injuries of any kind other than his bloody knuckles and the bullet wound. On the flip side, Zimmerman's knuckles are clean. I don't know if you've ever been in a fight but you don't hit someone without messing them up. Just so you're clear this time through, the only thing that Martin that night was a bullet.

PS3 Trophies

Thread Information