Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman get off the 2nd degree murder charge?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 54.55%
  • No

10 45.45%
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2131 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    The boy wasn't armed. He was afraid not for his life but of getting his ass kicked. He deserves at least manslaughter.

Fear I wonder if you are looking at this through police goggles (I know u are retired). If a police officer gets attacked that kind of force is understandable.

Ive been in plenty of fistfights and u can't pull a gun because your ass is getting kicked.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It disgusts me that so many people would blatantly ignore facts and condemn Zimmerman simply because Martin was underage. Can anyone honestly say they would not have done the same? I know I would have.

To condemn Zimmerman for his actions implies that you would not make the same choice he did. As if a 17 year old is incapable of causing enough damage to a person that lethal force is required to stop him. Any person who says that they would not have used the guy is lying, or suicidal to just let someone attack you without using a self-defense weapon.

smh
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Veteran
    In a hand to hand fight? Id've attempted to fight back and get the kid off me.
    "gun, shoot" isn't the first thing that comes to mind when someone punches me. I carry a gun and have been in scuffles before while carrying. My first thought isn't "shoot shoot shoot"
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-16-2013 at 12:36.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    In a hand to hand fight? Id've attempted to fight back.
    "gun, shoot" isn't the first thing that comes to mind when someone punches me and I carry a gun and have been in scuffles while carrying.
    This was not a normal fight though he was jumped from behind and was having his head slammed into the concrete. He felt like his life was in danger, and lets be honest anyone who starts slamming your head into concrete has intention of doing major harm and possibly death to you.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    I've been jumped before. Granted I haven't been in the predicament where my skulls being bashed in. I honestly think he could've got the kid off of him, but it almost appears as if he really didn't even attempt to fight back and chose to reach for his gun instead.

You never know what you'd really do in such a situation unless its trust upon you. I'm not saying the man is not not guilty, but I'm for sure not saying he's innocent either. The verdict came out pretty much as I expected it to from the start.

All in all the whole situation is $#@!ed up from the get go and I feel for the kids family.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Unbound Mercenary
    In a hand to hand fight? Id've attempted to fight back and get the kid off me.
    "gun, shoot" isn't the first thing that comes to mind when someone punches me. I carry a gun and have been in scuffles before while carrying. My first thought isn't "shoot shoot shoot"
    As have I. But like Yuuichi said, this was not a straight up fight. Getting your head slammed into concrete is a problem, and it doesn't take much of that to kill a person.

I have won and lost fights, and I would have pulled my gun on Martin. In a panic I would have gone for a lethal shot, were it more controlled I would have shot him in the thigh or something.

But when you factor in, night, surprise attack, sheer panic, and having a gun at hand. Then it is a clear outcome.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    This was not a normal fight though he was jumped from behind and was having his head slammed into the concrete. He felt like his life was in danger, and lets be honest anyone who starts slamming your head into concrete has intention of doing major harm and possibly death to you.
    I have not read all the facts of the case or followed it but how can someone be jumped from behind if they are following the person that jumped them from behind?
    The pic where the guy died he was on grass. Maybe Zimmerman moved the body?
    Last edited by keefy; 07-16-2013 at 13:07.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I have not read all the facts of the case or followed it but how can someone be jumped from behind if they are following the person that jumped them from behind?
    The pic where the guy died he was on grass. Maybe Zimmerman moved the body?
    Zimmerman was walking back to his car and Martin circled back around and jumped him from behind. You can not see in that pic but the sidewalk where he was being slammed into in a few inches away. So when he shot him his body feel on the grass part.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

9. Likes keefy likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    The boy wasn't armed. He was afraid not for his life but of getting his ass kicked. He deserves at least manslaughter.

Fear I wonder if you are looking at this through police goggles (I know u are retired). If a police officer gets attacked that kind of force is understandable.

Ive been in plenty of fistfights and u can't pull a gun because your ass is getting kicked.

No goggles.

Zimmerman tried to walk back to his car, and was confronted. That's what he said, and the timeline backs that up. If Martin would have just kept going wherever he was going, none of this would have happened. Just like people are saying if Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten out of his car at all. Also, if Martin wasn't suspended from school, he wouldn't be out there in the first place. Ugh.

11. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post

now u see that's just $#@!ig stupid. what the hell give the police the right to USE THAT FORCE when they get attacked just because they're police and an ordinary citizen can't? u know what, if ur house ever gets broken into or you and your family is in danger, before you react be sure to consider that ur not a police officer.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Superior Member
    I've been jumped before. Granted I haven't been in the predicament where my skulls being bashed in. I honestly think he could've got the kid off of him, but it almost appears as if he really didn't even attempt to fight back and chose to reach for his gun instead.

You never know what you'd really do in such a situation unless its trust upon you. I'm not saying the man is not not guilty, but I'm for sure not saying he's innocent either. The verdict came out pretty much as I expected it to from the start.

All in all the whole situation is $#@!ed up from the get go and I feel for the kids family.
    The back of your head is where the occipital lobe is. Getting that slammed into concrete is bad news. Doing so not only can disorient you, it can cause you to go unconscious and even die.

Snipers are taught to hit the medulla oblongata (just below the occipital lobe) if possible because it's the one spot that causes a human to collapse straight down to the ground without being able to pull a trigger on a gun in a hostage situation or what have you. They drop like a lead weight.

I can see why Zimmerman shot him in this case.
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 07-16-2013 at 15:03.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    No goggles.

Zimmerman tried to walk back to his car, and was confronted. That's what he said, and the timeline backs that up. If Martin would have just kept going wherever he was going, none of this would have happened. Just like people are saying if Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten out of his car at all. Also, if Martin wasn't suspended from school, he wouldn't be out there in the first place. Ugh.
    This is one reason that it is so easily identified as self defense. Also put down the defense of Martin being a good innocent boy .

Forum Sage

Some of you seem pretty happy Zimmerman got away with murder.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    It was self defense, stating otherwise very simply shows a bias. I'm glad that he wasn't charged with a crime higher then what was committed.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    He didn't. His charges didn't stick, but this man who mentored underprivileged black and other minority children now has to live with the fact that he took that kids life. He may not be going to jail, but that instant cost him more than any of us know. His life is ruined, even after being fairly tried. His life is ruined due to the stress and outcome of that evening. He will spend an eternity second guessing what he did.

It wasn't murder if you shoot while you are being attacked.

It is tragic, but not murder.
    LMAO

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    that's just an ignorant statement.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    He didn't. His charges didn't stick, but this man who mentored underprivileged black and other minority children now has to live with the fact that he took that kids life. He may not be going to jail, but that instant cost him more than any of us know. His life is ruined, even after being fairly tried. His life is ruined due to the stress and outcome of that evening. He will spend an eternity second guessing what he did.

And he'll be looking over his shoulder, cause people are no doubt pissed off.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    It was self defense, stating otherwise very simply shows a bias. I'm glad that he wasn't charged with a crime higher then what was committed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    that's just an ignorant statement.
    The dude got away with murder. He took someone else life. I don't care what court he goes to, the fact is he took someones life. If that isn't murder I don't know what is. Just because he has been cleared of the crime doesn't mean he is innocent. Or is OJ Simpson suddenly innocent now as well seeing as he was cleared of his crime.

I'm not going to get into a massive debate with all of you but that is just my view on the situation. The verdict is out and Zimmerman is free to get on with his life. No point beating a dead horse.

Miqo'te Bard
    "he took a life he took a life" every time you guys repeat this all i can think of is parrot repeating the same thing. I am glad that if someone was beating your skull into concrete you would let them kill you, and I am sure your families are happy knowing that to. I mean sure you would be dead and they would be with out you, but least you didn't take a life and that makes it ok....right?

Dedicated Member

The dude got away with murder. He took someone else life. I don't care what court he goes to, the fact is he took someones life. If that isn't murder I don't know what is.
    'Taking someone's life' is not the definition of murder.

Friendship is Carrots
    The dude got away with murder. He took someone else life. I don't care what court he goes to, the fact is he took someones life. If that isn't murder I don't know what is. Just because he has been cleared of the crime doesn't mean he is innocent. Or is OJ Simpson suddenly innocent now as well seeing as he was cleared of his crime.
    Murder is a legal term; you'll need to ignore its more common and daily usage. So it is possible for Zimmerman to not be a murderer if he truly felt threatened in that moment. He may have panicked. The whole thing could just be a sad series of events regarding mistakes from both Zimmerman and Trayvon. Not that I'm defending Zimmerman, because I don't know what happened that night. I think it's terrible that anyone was hurt or killed. Perhaps, indeed, Zimmerman didn't need to use a gun, and instead could have fought back or pushed Trayvon off of him. We don't know.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage

Twist it however you want to.

The dude shot a kid because he decided to follow him and ended up getting a beating. Who's fault is that again?

Edit: Thanks for the clearing up Rapture/Valefor

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

The dude shot a kid because he decided to follow him and ended up getting a beating. Who's fault is that again?

The person that attacked him, that's who is at fault.

Miqo'te Bard

Martins when he circled back around and jumped him thus becoming the aggressor(this is the fact you people are ignoring to justify your reasons, this shows how ignorant people can be as they ignoring this fact). He could have walked away he choose not to. Two wrong do not make a right. Martin could have walked away but he choose to be the little punk he was(really go look at all the $#@! on his fb, photos from his phone, etc. given many of it has been deleted).

Forum Sage

So if you guys were walking home at night and some guy started following you, how would you act?

Sorry, Yuuchi, i'm not gonna judge him by what he said on his Facebook. See, you call him a punk for defending himself yet applaud Zimmermans ability to defend himself.

Anyway, as i said in my first post, Zimmerman has been let of and is free to live as a free man. No point going in circles. You think he is in the right, I think he is in the wrong. Not that our opinions will change anything.

Thread Information