View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman get off the 2nd degree murder charge?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 54.55%
  • No

10 45.45%
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2737 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    patriot act was created by Bush. Benghazi is nowhere near the same as destruction of two entire nations.

going back to the media. are you still proposing that they have some sort of a racial agenda?
    I know who it was created by. and it may not be but there are discrepancies as to what happened and how it was handled.
    not necessarily I'm with you they go after what gets them ratings. however in light of the regime using certain cases for agendas, it is the case sometimes. most of the media is a puppet to who's in power. CNN NBC liberal. fox conservative.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Sage

patriot act was created by Bush. Benghazi is nowhere near the same as destruction of two entire nations.

going back to the media. are you still proposing that they have some sort of a racial agenda?
    I don't know if he is but that's exactly what I propose. Victimize one race and pit it against another and you can cut the tension with a knife. It's how a lot of things tend to play out. It's called racial divisiveness for a reason. It's how they get their ratings and their advertising revenue and the low informational citizen plays right into it every time they tune in.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    I know who it was created by. and it may not be but there are discrepancies as to what happened and how it was handled.
    not necessarily I'm with you they go after what gets them ratings. however in light of the regime using certain cases for agendas, it is the case sometimes. most of the media is a puppet to who's in power. CNN NBC liberal. fox conservative.
    well you can also argue that the towers were detonated by demolition experts that were affiliated with the Bush Administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I don't know if he is but that's exactly what I propose. Victimize one race and pit it against another and you can cut the tension with a knife. It's how a lot of things tend to play out. It's called racial divisiveness for a reason. It's how they get their ratings and their advertising revenue and the low informational citizen plays right into it every time they tune in.
    i can agree with that. basically they're greedy.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    well you can also argue that the towers were detonated by demolition experts that were affiliated with the Bush Administration.

i can agree with that. basically they're greedy.
    $#@!ing really? I'm not talking about conspiracies I'm talking about the damn facts of the Benghazi occurrence. and they probably don't have anything to do with Obama just the ones right below him. I'm not accusing him of a damn thing so calm down damn. and as I've stated multiple times, I'm not a bush supporter and never was so drop the damn bush example. it's being made about race when it doesn't even need to be. if I was a bush supporter and every other white president supporter then u could open ur mouth about it but Im not so drop it

Forum Overseer
    $#@!ing really? I'm not talking about conspiracies I'm talking about the damn facts of the Benghazi occurrence. and they probably don't have anything to do with Obama just the ones right below him. I'm not accusing him of a damn thing so calm down damn.
    I'm not defending him lol. he probably did do all that. in fact, i think presidents are just puppets, it's the upper management guys that control them.

and i misunderstood your comment when you said "i know who it was created by"...i thought you were saying that Obama created the whole bengazi situation. You were talking about the patriot act. so my point wasn't to bring in Bush but to say that pretty much all presidents have a dirty secret.
    and as I've stated multiple times, I'm not a bush supporter and never was so drop the damn bush example. it's being made about race when it doesn't even need to be. if I was a bush supporter and every other white president supporter then u could open ur mouth about it but Im not so drop it
    i'm not making it about race. every other president just happens to be not black or not white.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    I'm not defending him lol. he probably did do all that. in fact, i think presidents are just puppets, it's the upper management guys that control them.

and i misunderstood your comment when you said "i know who it was created by"...i thought you were saying that Obama created the whole bengazi situation. You were talking about the patriot act. so my point wasn't to bring in Bush but to say that pretty much all presidents have a dirty secret.
    i'm not making it about race. every other president just happens to be not black or not white.
    lol yea I've been riled up about race dealing with another member my apologies. I agree, EVERYONE has dirty secrets.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Ready for the terrible white racist post of the day from me? Here it is:

http://news.yahoo.com/black-americas...070000529.html

Forum Overseer
    @forrma, all good man XD

why is that article talking about zimmerman when he isn't white?

PSU Technical Advisor
    That's the point. He was cast as white when he wasn't, the article is insinuating that 'racism' being alive and well in the US is true, but it isn't the way that certain authority figures (e.g., Holder, Sharpton, Jackson, etc) make it out to be.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    That's the point. He was cast as white when he wasn't, the article is insinuating that 'racism' being alive and well in the US is true, but it isn't the way that certain authority figures (e.g., Holder, Sharpton, Jackson, etc) make it out to be.

Those guys make their living keeping race issues alive.

11. Likes Omar likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Those guys make their living keeping race issues alive.
    Exactly. That's what it really gets down to.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Exactly. That's what it really gets down to.

Yeah, they cherry pick certain news stories that they can drum up to show how much of a blight is on black america. They don't care about other minorities, just that Trayvon was black and we can push this.

14. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Yeah, they cherry pick certain news stories that they can drum up to show how much of a blight is on black america. They don't care about other minorities, just that Trayvon was black and we can push this.
    wow. CuGuy sees the way I do. question, would u have still said that if u were still cm?

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    wow. CuGuy sees the way I do. question, would u have still said that if u were still cm?

yes

my view on this case would not be different.

17. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    yes

my view on this case would not be different.
    I know ur views wouldn't have been different but I just didnt know if u would've weighed in if u were still cm. seeing as some people's view about this is somewhat, questionable.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    I know ur views wouldn't have been different but I just didnt know if u would've weighed in if u were still cm. seeing as some people's view about this is somewhat, questionable.

Yeah I would have still, actually I think I did weigh in a few pages ago AS CM. Being CM didn't mean I had to abandon ideals, but I did try to remain as professional as I could out of respect to the members. Never engaging in fights, and not siding one way or the other.

Not a restriction now.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Yeah I would have still, actually I think I did weigh in a few pages ago AS CM. Being CM didn't mean I had to abandon ideals, but I did try to remain as professional as I could out of respect to the members. Never engaging in fights, and not siding one way or the other.

Not a restriction now.
    yea that's what I was referring too professionalism and not participating in heated discussions.
    I Know, CuGuy has been released on the world again lol

Forum Sage
    That's not logical man. If that's how you think then you should have no problem taking a vacation right now in Syria during a civil war because, according to you, if you haven't experienced it yourself, the concern shouldn't exist.
    Way to miss the point I was making. My point was that if you have been the victim of a crime then that will likely change your views on the matter which is fine to a certain extent. Obviously such an experience does not overrule the hard data/statistics on the matter.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make with the syria reference since that is clearly a warzone and you don't need to be in syria to see/realize that.

relative has nothing to do with what i'm saying. now compare this to japan and see the difference and understand what i'm saying.
    In this kind of situation you cannot compare Japan to any other country since their laws and culture are vastly different than any other country on the planet.

honestly i wouldn't have any issues but as time progresses, i see stuff that doesn't make sense to me. why is there so much hate amongst everyone here. people do not want peace. i see nothing wrong with anyone here and yet there are issues.so many misunderstandings.
    So you are telling me you don't see people and the media race baiting/fanning the flames after the Zimmerman verdict came out because they were unhappy with it and it didn't suit their brand/sense of "justice". A lot of the people screaming racism righ now are racists themselves and don't want to achieve peace since it wouldn't help them achieve their agenda.

and honestly i don't care about statistics
    This says a lot considering that this is the raw un manipulated data from the FBI/BJS.

i know exactly what you're saying, like i said earlier, most of this stuff is related to things that wouldn't happen to normal people. you have to be involved in something or with someone first.

but what fears me is the nuts that go on rampage and i decided to ignore that too and now children can be in danger...and it's no one's fault, not even the people who are mentally ill (because they're mentally ill)...it's too many issues to write here but the issue is at the core and i spoke about this during the school shooting.

there's not enough love between people, we're too busy with our own lives and i don't see that as something wrong but it's definitely affecting people. i've seen too many depressed people here because they just don't have support they need.

no one cares about one another anymore. no one stops to help someone. we're too afraid of one another, too afraid to tresspass, too afraid to invade someone's privacy or personal space. too afraid to be around one another. i don't mean to generalize because it's not always true but having lived here for almost two decades and having known many other cultures, it's a pretty obvious that there's something wrong here at the core.

it feels like tensions are building, they're not dying down, it's some sort of a split, half of the country is moving forward, the other half isn't. the good and educated people are some of the best i've ever met and i have learned quite a lot from them, invaluable things that i will keep with me forever but i can't deal with having all these distractions.
    You think these issues are exclusive to the USA? They are universal. They are just swept under the rug/not discussed in other countries. And the media in the USA isn't helping when they have been dropping their objectivity and doing whatever they can to influence their agenda/get the most hits. They no longer care about reporting the news/facts. It is a race to see who can outdo the other with coverage, hits, ads, ect.

i'm not afraid of crime honestly. coudn't care less. i do agree that i feel safe living here. it's more of the clashes in the melting pot that stops me from having a harmoneous feeling.

another issue has been since 911, i have distanced myself from this culture since this and another thing i don't want to get into but i feel like there are plenty of other english-speaking western countries that are just in a better stage than here. i cannot continue to live in a society that wants to turn a blind eye towards this problem of war economy and depending on resources coming from misery and destruction of other nations.

I can't stop it just like other citizens and i'm sure most mean well and don't want it themselves. there's an entire world out there with cultures and people, this will go well with my dream of exploring. a few years here, some there...that's how i want to live.
    Again, these issues are not exclusive to the USA. You will find plenty of those issues in other western countries, especially in Northern/western europe (though is spreading throughout the entire continent). Don't be fooled into thinking that these problems don't exist elsewhere.

Regarding the whole "war economy" line, this is true for nearly every country. Conflict is profitable. And those resources are important and also becoming more scarce/harder to come by as demand increases (due to an increasing world population and "better" standards of living in less developed countries.

no allegiance to one country, but to all people.
    lol. good luck with that when nobody else sees it that way.

there's definitely something wrong with the stand your ground law...that is the reason why it's under fire right now and might end up going through changes.

i don't mean to come off stubborn but the way this law is at the moment, i just don't agree with it. too many ways that it can be manipulated.

if he didn't use that law as his claim then that's the prosecutors' fault for being idiots.
    Did you watch the video I posted? Did that not address your concerns?

And Z didn't use SYG during his trial.

Veteran
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

23. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    I don't get why an African American would make this case about race. If it was a white boy gangster, would you see this same reaction? They senselessly assumed it was about race, and all the evidence clearly showed that the man was attacked by the young ganster. The man should be jailed still for excessive force/murder and for the stalking and the harassing that obviously lead the boy to lash out in self-defense.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Way to miss the point I was making. My point was that if you have been the victim of a crime then that will likely change your views on the matter which is fine to a certain extent. Obviously such an experience does not overrule the hard data/statistics on the matter.
    i don't think you're understanding what I'm exactly saying. yes, the gun crime may have dropped but 1) you're not speaking about the "overall" crime and 2) you're certainly not thinking about relativity. I can move to Canada today and I will have reduce my chance to be a victim of crime significantly. that's why i brought up statistics in the first place.
    I have no idea what point you are trying to make with the syria reference since that is clearly a warzone and you don't need to be in syria to see/realize that.
    and that's the point I'm trying to make. i know that there's a high crime rate in this country, i don't have to experience it to know this, i don't have to be a victim of it to realize it.

In this kind of situation you cannot compare Japan to any other country since their laws and culture are vastly different than any other country on the planet.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to convey here. It's due to their laws and culture that has such a peaceful society. Thank you for explaining it.

So you are telling me you don't see people and the media race baiting/fanning the flames after the Zimmerman verdict came out because they were unhappy with it and it didn't suit their brand/sense of "justice". A lot of the people screaming racism righ now are racists themselves and don't want to achieve peace since it wouldn't help them achieve their agenda.
    I'm not playing this game, it's too complicated to argue about. You can blame one set of group but I don't see it that way.

This says a lot considering that this is the raw un manipulated data from the FBI/BJS.
    I don't care about statistics, there are other issues I have a bigger problem with, for one, the part above about zimmerman and making it a one-side issue...that's why we can never have peace here. People just want to blame one another. it is never going to end.

You think these issues are exclusive to the USA? They are universal.
    you can think what you want dude but i have lived half of my life outside this country and i have studied many other cultures and countries. this is exclusive to the US and there may be some similar issues in the western countries, it's mostly exclusive to the US. Why do you think I want to (but probably won't) move to Canada? They are pretty much American too but they don't share the same cultural issues.

They are just swept under the rug/not discussed in other countries. And the media in the USA isn't helping when they have been dropping their objectivity and doing whatever they can to influence their agenda/get the most hits. They no longer care about reporting the news/facts. It is a race to see who can outdo the other with coverage, hits, ads, ect.
    i don't believe everything the media says, of course, i speak most of it from my personal experience. other nations have their own set of issues but they're not the same issues.

Again, these issues are not exclusive to the USA. You will find plenty of those issues in other western countries, especially in Northern/western europe (though is spreading throughout the entire continent). Don't be fooled into thinking that these problems don't exist elsewhere.
    Maybe you're right, i don't know much about europe. I do know that places like Germany are very nice to live in.

I do find Korea/Japan very attractive though. Too bad I don't speak their language and never will.

Regarding the whole "war economy" line, this is true for nearly every country. Conflict is profitable. And those resources are important and also becoming more scarce/harder to come by as demand increases (due to an increasing world population and "better" standards of living in less developed countries.
    true but the level which USA/Russia/China/Saudi take it to, is extreme.

lol. good luck with that when nobody else sees it that way.
    that doesn't matter to me.
    Did you watch the video I posted? Did that not address your concerns?

And Z didn't use SYG during his trial.
    i did not watch the video and i don't know how that will change my stance. again, it has nothing to do with zimmerman.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    I don't get why an African American would make this case about race. If it was a white boy gangster, would you see this same reaction? They senselessly assumed it was about race, and all the evidence clearly showed that the man was attacked by the young ganster. The man should be jailed still for excessive force/murder and for the stalking and the harassing that obviously lead the boy to lash out in self-defense.
    I don't think defending oneself qualifies as excessive force. Excessive force would mean emptying a whole clip in the guy after initially shooting the first time. Also, there was no harassment going on. What everyone seems to fail to realize is, as a neighborhood watchman, Zimmerman was well within the duties discharged unto him and the responsibilities that came with that job. Common sense dictates that a neighborhood watchman is going to investigate suspicious behavior, especially in a gated community.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    This big 250lb guy needed a gun to "defend" myself from a scrawny teenage boy.

Friendship is Carrots
    Yeah, that's not a dishonest comparison at all. Why not go the final step in an attempt to convince people?

Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage
    i don't think you're understanding what I'm exactly saying. yes, the gun crime may have dropped but 1) you're not speaking about the "overall" crime and 2) you're certainly not thinking about relativity. I can move to Canada today and I will have reduce my chance to be a victim of crime significantly. that's why i brought up statistics in the first place.
    No crime as a whole has been dropping over the past ~20 years, you can look at the numbers in the FBI reports and see for yourself.

#2: You aren't thinking about relativity either. There are places in the USA that have crime rates comparable to the averages in canada if not lower. There are also places in the USA when the rates are much higher than the canadian average. It's all about geography and where you live.

and that's the point I'm trying to make. i know that there's a high crime rate in this country, i don't have to experience it to know this, i don't have to be a victim of it to realize it.
    Again, you are missing the "relative" point you made above. You are just blanketing the entire county as being the same (having high crime rates) and not realizing that most of the crime is confined to certain areas of the country (typically urban).

That's exactly what I'm trying to convey here. It's due to their laws and culture that has such a peaceful society. Thank you for explaining it.
    And it's not something you can replicate anywhere else so using japan as a point of comparison is rather pointless.

I'm not playing this game, it's too complicated to argue about. You can blame one set of group but I don't see it that way.
    The evidence didn't support either of the charges offered, so Z was found not guilty. Pretty straightforward. Are you really telling me that the people who claim to be upset by the verdict are in the right by demanding a "sentence" due to their interpretation of justice? One that isn't based in facts/evidence and held to a certain standard based on laws and due process?

Sorry but I'm not buying it. I've read/seen reaction by many different people and the different points brought up. While there are some lingering questions, the majority of people that are unhappy are not focusing on those questions and are complaining about things that are either irrelevant or clear as day.

And they far outnumber the people on the other side in regards to the ruckus they are making.

I don't care about statistics, there are other issues I have a bigger problem with, for one, the part above about zimmerman and making it a one-side issue...that's why we can never have peace here. People just want to blame one another. it is never going to end.
    I don't know why you keep saying this. To do so makes it seem like one can draw a connection and say you don't care about the legal system and our laws. And if that is the case, then what is the point of a "civilized society"?

you can think what you want dude but i have lived half of my life outside this country and i have studied many other cultures and countries. this is exclusive to the US and there may be some similar issues in the western countries, it's mostly exclusive to the US. Why do you think I want to (but probably won't) move to Canada? They are pretty much American too but they don't share the same cultural issues.
    Are you following the local news being reported in "these countries"? Are you living life in "those countries" and experiencing the differences firsthand? No? Then how can you be so certain? You cannot. You live in the US so you are exposed to what is going on in the US (nationally and in your area). You are not exposed to what is going on in other countries. Trust me if you were living somewhere else (in these times) after a while you would see the problems/issues that are present there that you wouldn't have seen/known of before without living there.

i don't believe everything the media says, of course, i speak most of it from my personal experience. other nations have their own set of issues but they're not the same issues.

Maybe you're right, i don't know much about europe. I do know that places like Germany are very nice to live in.

I do find Korea/Japan very attractive though. Too bad I don't speak their language and never will.

true but the level which USA/Russia/China/Saudi take it to, is extreme.
    We live in a globalized world/economy. Every country/region does/plays their part in this. You just highlighted some of the more visible countries.

that doesn't matter to me.
    It does matter when people don't see things that way and don't reciprocate in the way you think they will.

It's kind of like the people that talk about and "try" to implement world peace. It's never going to happen, but they have deluded themselves into thinking it is possible.

The problems are only going to get worse with time as developing countries become more developed and the world population continues to increase at such an alarming rate.

i did not watch the video and i don't know how that will change my stance. again, it has nothing to do with zimmerman.
    You don't know how a video on the SYG's laws by one of the foremost experts in that field will change your views?

Seriously, watch the video. 16 minutes isn't going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Yeah, that's not a dishonest comparison at all. Why not go the final step in an attempt to convince people?

Nah man, GZ isn't white enough in that picture. After all he is a "white" Hispanic/Latino right?

Thread Information