Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: App up the vita

PSN ID
    dragonlord510

App up the vita

ok i posted in or two otber post but i wanna put it out there like this, am i completely crazy to think if the vita were to get a app store compatiblity upgrade or what ever it would help. sony is releaseing a cell phone and tablet all with android and i believe they already have phones out with it. these days people go bananas over apps. if the vita were to say have android app store it would bring so much more attention to it. it is a great,strong runnng device but these days when your phone offers more variety with games right at your finger tips why pay so much. i also the adding a strong app source would make the g models so much more appelng. with tablets these days people are more likly to go with that. why not give the vita that leg up. i just know sony is slipping with this awesome machine, a strong app store could so light a fire under its butt
    wrote all this on my vita

2. Likes Omar likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    I too was hoping there would be more apps for the Vita. I had to take an inexpensive basic phone contract so I won't have a smart phone for a while. Back when I made the choice I figured I already had a Vita and it would help with that aspect.

So far it has. The browser is much better then the PSP but still could use improvement. The Youtube app was a nice addition, and a few others are but really it could use a lot more. It seems they are taking initiative with playstation mobile although nothing great has materialized yet. I did buy one memo app called Merum and it was the worst piece of software I ever used so I deleted it.

I suppose the problem is it doesn't run the Android OS so all the software must be written for the Vita which is probably not easy. I'm sure if Sony created awareness and tried to show devs incentive to create software for the Vita it could work, but it seems Sony has its hands full with multiple systems again.

They are trying although this may be more for games then apps:
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/8/431...developer-fees
    Last edited by Harrow; 06-14-2013 at 16:08.

PSN ID
    dragonlord510
    hi harrow and thanks for your reply. i understand you need certain things to run certain programs but imagine like psnmoblie powered by google blada or amazon blada like the app stores are now. If sony were to give right to one these and allow devs to go crazy with apps i think it would bring alot of attention to the vita. if it pretty much doubled as a tablet i think it would bring in all sorts of people. yes i know its a gaming device but with all the smart phones and tablets and the crazy things to do vita is getting swept up and lost, and now with the ps4 people will more focus on that gaming then its lil bro who helps along it. i think if the vita got more buzz, say you see it pop up on popular apps or such would drive more buzz and maybe even give real game devs more ambition to wanna release more games. alot of the games out there people really arent getting into i think if companies saw vita did have some "life" they would dive in.

Thread Information