Latest PSU headlines:

Hybrid View

Super Elite

Question How is the Xbox TV to work on TVs with built in freeview/freesat?

Just wondering about this, my TV is a Samsung 5 series and hasn't got an HDMI out and has freeview built in. So does this mean TVs like this won't allow an Xbox One to use it's TV guide feature?

Basicially, I'd need an external DVR/Freeview box for it to work?
    i5-2500k @3.3Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4, Crucial 4GB 1333Mhz RAM,
    Palit GTS 250 1GB, 2x WD 250GB, 1x 1TB Samsung F3,
    Corsair HX850W PSU, Cooler Master 690 II,

Checkout my TF2 Replay Video.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Vip3r View Post
    Just wondering about this, my TV is a Samsung 5 series and hasn't got an HDMI out and has freeview built in. So does this mean TVs like this won't allow an Xbox One to use it's TV guide feature?

Basicially, I'd need an external DVR/Freeview box for it to work?
    Microsoft hasn't released any information on their supported guides. They also haven't announced which cable or satellite providers are supported.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Maybe Microsoft will have a work around for that situation like Soldier 95B is hinting, but I suspect Vip3r you are out of luck on that one.

Everything we've seen so far requires you to have a separate cable/satellite box that can be plugged via HDMI into the back of the Xbone using its HDMI In port. I would imagine that yes you will need a set top freeview/cable box to take full advantage of the Xbone's TV features, assuming they are even available in your region. There is a good chance that some providers in supported regions with their own solutions won't be supported either.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Maybe Microsoft will have a work around for that situation like Soldier 95B is hinting, but I suspect Vip3r you are out of luck on that one.

Everything we've seen so far requires you to have a separate cable/satellite box that can be plugged via HDMI into the back of the Xbone using its HDMI In port. I would imagine that yes you will need a set top freeview/cable box to take full advantage of the Xbone's TV features, assuming they are even available in your region. There is a good chance that some providers in supported regions with their own solutions won't be supported either.
    Thanks for the reply.

I can see this it going to cause a lot of confusion in the future especially in the UK and maybe parts of Europe that have freeview too.
    i5-2500k @3.3Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4, Crucial 4GB 1333Mhz RAM,
    Palit GTS 250 1GB, 2x WD 250GB, 1x 1TB Samsung F3,
    Corsair HX850W PSU, Cooler Master 690 II,

Checkout my TF2 Replay Video.

PSN ID
    mishdon
    I know in the UK (where I am) Sky (satellite) and Virgin (cable) are popular, but so is Freeview and all TV's have this built in, as mentioned above. How common is over the air broadcast in the US? Do people mainly use external boxes? Excuse my ignorance.

Thread Information