Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Do you care what your parents think of your spouse?

When you begin a new relationship with someone, do you care at all what your parents think of your spouse or girlfriend or boyfriend? For example, if your father says to you, "Son, she's a keeper" or "Son, she's got some things she needs to work on". If you do care, which parent's opinion do you care the most about, father or mother? Do you care if your girlfriend or boyfriend treats your parents badly, like being ugly to them or cussing them out?

I care a whole lot about what my parents think. It's not only my parents, but my family. If a guy refuses to meet my parents or treat my parents bad, that is a HUGE red flag.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Dedicated Member

I honestly don't care what my parents think of my wife, but as it turns out, they love her. Likewise I get along great with her parents as well.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I care to the degree of wanting to keep a great relationship with my parents. Otherwise, they'd be out of the picture.

I've been in a few relationships where my parents didn't like her. That didn't stop me at all.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    A little bit. I mean it wouldn't dictate the course of the relationship as a whole but I would do whatever it takes to have my parents form a positive opinion on her cus that means a healthier relationship going forward as far as I'm concerned. I care more about what my mum would think

If she was cussing out my parents or treated them bad, then yeah, that's a red flag lol. I love my parents but I'm grounded enough to know they aren't the best parents in the world (as harsh as that may sound) and I have a pretty awkward family on the whole, but they are my parents and that $#@! just needs to work out. You can't so much pick and choose these things but I would hope that I have that intuition about me to not end up with someone that comes with that kind of baggage

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I do. and my parents love my wife.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

Do you care what your parents think of your spouse?

My mother loves my partner. My father, I don't really care.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    When I was younger I didn't care as I grew older I found myself caring because I like to be with my family and anyone I'm with has to be cool with them.

I already went against the grain with dating someone my parents didn't like. Didn't end well lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

8. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Forum Sage

I really don't care. For me, you have two chances to a family. There's the one that you're born into and the one you form yourself. The former is all but cut off and so anyone I meet doesn't really have the misfortune of dealing with the parents often, if at all.

As far as the girlfriend or spouse "cussing" the parents out, I view it as less of a red flag and more of a "they must've done or said something to deserve it" type thing. Then again, I only date women who know what to let go and when and where to stand their ground. Some things aren't worth a dignifying response. Other things deserve a minimum of harsh words and may require an ass whooping. Believe me when I say that my parents aren't treated any more or less equal than anyone else. They tend to be assholes all around and seem to only understand the stand your ground doctrine.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    What about sending the parents a sex tape and asking what they think of it?

Elite Member

Oh God no.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

12. Likes Foraeli likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    My parents love my Spouse

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information