Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If Sony did the same things, I would stop supporting Sony. PC still looks like a good option.

PC looks like the perfect option for me next gen.

Sony are great for having no DRM on used games, but at the same time I kinda feel like I'm the one being punished/having to pay for those who buy used. I've been buying PS consoles and PS games primarily for the past 16 years, 95%+ brand new and sealed from retailers, yet with PS4 there seems to be absolutely no benefit to me by doing this, might as well buy every game used and from the money saved pay for PS+. That's how I'm seeing this.

The one off payment for online passes for $10 was a much better solution, I don't care what anyone says, you buy a game used that's fine, but if you want to play that game online, paying something towards that servers upkeep is obvious, and that $10 is optional. Now, PS+ is mandatory for all games, so I'm gonna be paying $50 a year for upkeep of gameservers so that people who buy games used can play their games online? Don't think so, Sony.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

pc is a good option but for me a console is the best option, and the moment ps4 is looking good but i may just stick with my trusty ps3. anyway I just remembered ps+ is now needed to play online another way of them taking money from us but we'll get over that because it doesn't seem as bad as any of ms ideas.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    The online passes for $10 was a much better solution, I don't care what anyone says, you uy a game used that's fine, but if you want to play that game online, paying something towards that servers upkeep is obvious, and that $10 is optional. Now, PS+ is mandatory for all games, so I'm gonna be paying $50 a year for upkeep of gameservers so that people who buy games used can play their games online? Don't think so, Sony.
    But the person that bought the game new paid that already. If that person paid for the upkeep of the servers for the life of the game, then it wouldn't cost them any more if someone else took their place, because the original person wouldn't be playing online anymore.

I will PAY for online passes, but I think they are a dumb idea.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    But the person that bought the game new paid that already.
    Yep, I paid that already which is my point, I never buy used anymore, maybe when I was 10, not now.

If that person paid for the upkeep of the servers for the life of the game, then it wouldn't cost them any more if someone else took their place, because the original person wouldn't be playing online anymore.
    If servers didn't get shut down after a few years (MotorStorm, most of EA's and 2K's games etc.) then yeah, but how much you wanna bet that they'll continue shutting servers down after a few years next gen?

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Soldier 95B
    Yep, I paid that already which is my point, I never buy used anymore, maybe when I was 10, not now.

If servers didn't get shut down after a few years (MotorStorm, most of EA's and 2K's games etc.) then yeah.
    Right on. Looks like we are on the same page there.

Forum Overseer
    Sweet. So I can rip it and distribute it via the internet and resell it. Done.
    I know you're joking but yes, if you had it modded and whatever, they can't really stop you if you don't admit to it but now we're talking about breaking the law so good luck!

Yea it sucks that Sony does not want us to break the law but they allow it.

Soldier 95B
    I know you're joking but yes, if you had it modded and whatever, they can't really stop you if you don't admit to it but now we're talking about breaking the law so good luck!

Yea it sucks that Sony does not want us to break the law but they allow it.
    Of course I am joking....but read as is, that is the way they make it sound

Forum Overseer
    Of course I am joking....but read as is, that is the way they make it sound
    Breaking the law did not come to my mind...why would they need to put a disclaimer about the obvious? Are you one of them people that made those coffee sellers write on the cup that it is hot?

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Breaking the law did not come to my mind...why would they need to put a disclaimer about the obvious? Are you one of them people that made those coffee sellers write on the cup that it is hot?
    Yeah...some common sense is required. The speedometer in my car goes to 140, but that doesn't mean I can legally drive that fast.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Overseer
    Thank you.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    That seems to be their stance today. But what about in a year or two after the system is hacked? We saw what they did with PS3. What makes anyone think that Sony won't again change its position? All I see is PR moves.
    Whilst I know what you're referring to, this is not the same nor in the same context.

What is being said here is if you buy the disc, the disc is yours, you own that disc, what you do with it is your business. They will not limit nor restrict you from borrowing it to friends and family, selling it on eBay or a friend etc...

What they're saying is not to be taken 100% literally, there are laws in place that protect their product too! So they're not saying you can make copies of the disc and sell the copies...

They're statement is a slap in the face to Microsoft and rightfully so!
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    If Sony has to make changes to its system because some asshole cracked it and opened up the door for piracy, then $#@! happens and you can thank these people who create a necessity for change.
    Im really starting to think this is probably going to happen. With these machines so close to x86, the PS4 may become the open slaughter that happened to the PSP. Hacked and pirated up the wazoo.

I hope not but I'm starting to think this is why MS are being $#@!s.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Im really starting to think this is probably going to happen. With these machines so close to x86, the PS4 may become the open slaughter that happened to the PSP. Hacked and pirated up the wazoo.

I hope not but I'm starting to think this is why MS are being $#@!s.
    You don't think MS just printed a huge target on their back with hackers? They see that as challenge accepted. I'm not saying Sony is immune but if anyone is more likely to be a target I see it being MS out of the two. DRM is basically provoking hackers.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Good interview question about the whole "it's upto to the publishers" thing... he seems to imply that they expect devs / publishers to fall in line with the 1st party example:

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style

PC looks like the perfect option for me next gen.

Sony are great for having no DRM on used games, but at the same time I kinda feel like I'm the one being punished/having to pay for those who buy used. I've been buying PS consoles and PS games primarily for the past 16 years, 95%+ brand new and sealed from retailers, yet with PS4 there seems to be absolutely no benefit to me by doing this, might as well buy every game used and from the money saved pay for PS+. That's how I'm seeing this.
    Why do you feel like you have to be rewarded for buying a game? The game itself is the reward and you are supporting the developers by paying for their game. You do not need a benefit for buying band new games, other than the fact that the game you're buying is brand new and hasn't been used already.

The one off payment for online passes for $10 was a much better solution, I don't care what anyone says, you buy a game used that's fine, but if you want to play that game online, paying something towards that servers upkeep is obvious, and that $10 is optional. Now, PS+ is mandatory for all games, so I'm gonna be paying $50 a year for upkeep of gameservers so that people who buy games used can play their games online? Don't think so, Sony.
    Not all people are rich enough to always buy new games and I think it's great that those people can enjoy playing online as well. Please, do not forget that even though those people don't have to buy an online pass anymore, they still have to pay for PS+ , just like you. So technically, they already paid for their online pass.

Also, remember that by paying for PS+ you do not only receive acces to online-play, but also receive discounts, acces to beta's and free games. Oh wait, free games. So you should buy an online pass for those free games as well, because it would be unfair for those that actually bought the game.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    You don't think MS just printed a huge target on their back with hackers? They see that as challenge accepted. I'm not saying Sony is immune but if anyone is more likely to be a target I see it being MS out of the two. DRM is basically provoking hackers.
    Agreed. And DRM only punishes the legitimate consumer. It sure doesn't stop the hackers. MS has definitely painted a target on their back and the hackers will make an example out of MS.

Apprentice
    DRM is so bad for the gamers as whole

I also find it laughable when I hear things like that the Xbox One is future proof and that Sony is lying and that they will have DRM and restrictions
    Last edited by Super Manning; 06-16-2013 at 14:36.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Agreed. And DRM only punishes the legitimate consumer. It sure doesn't stop the hackers. MS has definitely painted a target on their back and the hackers will make an example out of MS.
    I expect XBL to get a DDOS attack like crazy from some group, let's see what happens when a majority of gamers can't connect to XBL after 24 hours!

Sim City anyone?

This probably looks like me being a pissed off little idiot or something but hackers are already talking about making Microsoft regret their anti-consumer, anti-privacy decisions and to be honest it's Microsoft's fault.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by siulimtao108 View Post
    Good interview question about the whole "it's upto to the publishers" thing... he seems to imply that they expect devs / publishers to fall in line with the 1st party example:

Sony are saying all the right things right now. And with the massive backlash, devs will hopefully be too scared to mess with how games are used / traded etc.

Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    I expect XBL to get a DDOS attack like crazy from some group, let's see what happens when a majority of gamers can't connect to XBL after 24 hours!

Sim City anyone?

This probably looks like me being a pissed off little idiot or something but hackers are already talking about making Microsoft regret their anti-consumer, anti-privacy decisions and to be honest it's Microsoft's fault.
    That's a good idea, again not in a petty way... but the 24hrs thing is one of the major reasons I'm 99% likely to go ps4 next gen. My internet went down for a couple of days, so if I had a One, I wouldn't have been able to game on it at all... ?!?!?!?!?!

So if a massive amount of people couldn't even play offline games for a while there would be (more) pressure on MS to rethink at least the 24hr check in period.
    Last edited by darky89; 06-16-2013 at 14:55.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by siulimtao108 View Post

Brilliant interview.

Scott Rhode, Shu, Adam Boyes, Andy House, Tretton

All come across quite geniune and passionate about gaming. Yeah yeah, they want our money and all that, of course, but they are hitting all the right tones for the gaming crowd. Not some suits telling us what we should want. They are catering to us, not the other way around

Forum Guru
    You can do that with digital distribution too. Your point?

Dedicated Member

Know what's funny? So many people whine about the video games industry, and the cable and phone companies laugh all the way to the bank ............always. Talk about bad policies. Oh and by the way, cable TV is not a necessity either (Or so they say), it's a luxury.

Superior Member
    Let me know how that goes for you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Brilliant interview. Scott Rhode, Shu, Adam Boyes, Andy House, Tretton All come across quite geniune and passionate about gaming. Yeah yeah, they want our money and all that, of course, but they are hitting all the right tones for the gaming crowd. Not some suits telling us what we should want. They are catering to us, not the other way around
    Yep thats what I keep picking up from these Sony interviews. I really like that.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep thats what I keep picking up from these Sony interviews. I really like that.
    They are wining and dining us before laying us down softly. Not telling us to bend over the table before the drinks come out.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information