Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    They are wining and dining us before laying us down softly. Not telling us to bend over the table before the drinks come out.
    lol Good analogy.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    Whilst I know what you're referring to, this is not the same nor in the same context.

What is being said here is if you buy the disc, the disc is yours, you own that disc, what you do with it is your business. They will not limit nor restrict you from borrowing it to friends and family, selling it on eBay or a friend etc...

What they're saying is not to be taken 100% literally, there are laws in place that protect their product too! So they're not saying you can make copies of the disc and sell the copies...

They're statement is a slap in the face to Microsoft and rightfully so!
    Yeah. I got what they're referring to but I still think that at some point, that policy will change. Especially if Microsoft's policy takes hold in a big way and becomes the accepted norm. I'm just pointing out the precedence in the changing of policies. I know it's bound to happen sooner or later. To be completely honest, I hope for all our sakes that Sony doesn't ever change this policy.

As for Microsoft, I'm done with them. Their anti-consumer policies with both Windows 8 and the XBOX ONE has ensured my defection on both fronts. I will continue to play my 360 up and until the point it dies. After that, I'm through. Also. As soon as Steam gets a majority of its games and applications ported to Linux, (Civilizations V & Articy Draft) I will leave Windows for good and I can be rid of these anti-consumer shackles placed on me.

Like I've said before. Actions have consequences. While I'm still skeptical about Sony, I am starting to warm up to them again. Microsoft will reap what it sows and I hope they not only get DDOS'd but also get brought into the light of scrutiny. It deserves whatever bad comes to them.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Also, remember that by paying for PS+ you do not only receive acces to online-play, but also receive discounts, acces to beta's and free games. Oh wait, free games. So you should buy an online pass for those free games as well, because it would be unfair for those that actually bought the game.
    You're not getting them you're renting them.

And all the streaming features of PS4 will not be behind the PS+ paywall:

https://twitter.com/NoBullet/status/345700132941082624

So yeah they're only charging for multiplayer, not those features. Makes even less sense now.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    You're not getting them you're renting them.

And all the streaming features of PS4 will not be behind the PS+ paywall:

https://twitter.com/NoBullet/status/345700132941082624

So yeah they're only charging for multiplayer, not those features. Makes even less sense now.
    You get them for as long as you subscribe. Thus, you pay monthly for the upkeep of those servers, which supports them more than a one time only fee.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    You get them for as long as you subscribe. Thus, you pay monthly for the upkeep of those servers, which supports them more than a one time only fee.
    What he is saying is that sharing clips requires using those servers as well. So in reality you would think that would require plus too but it doesn't. That is good news though. At least i believe that is what Aaron is saying. Could be wrong.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    What servers? The ones that we log into for PSN? Or the ones OWNED BY THE INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPERS THAT DON'T GET A CENT FROM SONY/PS+? Hell loads of games don't even have servers, they're P2P. There is no logic behind this other than Sony wanting some extra cash, and as a company, I'd be happy to see Sony return to making huge profits because they worked hard with the PS3, but not from this.

Right now I'm seeing it as: Buy all games used and then the money you save goes towards PS+, there is no advantage to buying new on the PS4.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    What he is saying is that sharing clips requires using those servers as well. So in reality you would think that would require plus too but it doesn't. That is good news though. At least i believe that is what Aaron is saying. Could be wrong.
    He was talking about streaming features which is hosted by uStream, not Sony.

Ultimate Veteran
    This is the way it should be..

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    So you think everyone should suffer and #dealwithit just because of one person? The problem isn't the people who crack the system. They're a known quantity and one that doesn't pose a threat to the overall business. The problem is the corporation.
    Dude, what are you talking about?...

Have you forgotten that, due to just one/a few people, alot of dedicated PSN users' credit card information was at risk at one point?...
    I'm okay with any reasonable measures a company takes to protect it's brand, especially if it goes even further to protect consumers...I don't recall a massive drop in sales after getting rid of the OtherOS option, nor was Sony the first business to ever remove some proprietary features from a flagship product after it's launch...

No matter how you try to spin this, you only have the "assholes who cracked it" to blame...especially due to the fact that they pretty much broadcasted their practices/accomplishments to Sony and warranted such panic...

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post

Have you forgotten that, due to just one/a few people, alot of dedicated PSN users' credit card information was at risk at one point?...
    No, it was because of Sony's failure at creating a safe server network.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    No, it was because of Sony's failure at creating a safe server network.
    This is an extreme analogy I admit. But is it the governments fault if a woman is raped in a dimly lit alley and not the rapist?

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post

I'm okay with any reasonable measures a company takes to protect it's brand, especially if it goes even further to protect consumers...I don't recall a massive drop in sales after getting rid of the OtherOS option, nor was Sony the first business to ever remove some proprietary features from a flagship product after it's launch...

No matter how you try to spin this, you only have the "assholes who cracked it" to blame...especially due to the fact that they pretty much broadcasted their practices/accomplishments to Sony and warranted such panic...
    Wow man. You must've missed the fact that Sony didn't update their security measures for PSN until AFTER the hacks took it down for well over a month. Anyway, point stands.

Thread Information