Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    Good article. Definitely makes the always online thing have some benefits to it. Some pretty useful benefits.

I still don't want kinect. Get rid of it and drop the price by 100 and I might get XBone.

I guess we can no longer sell our used games on ebay? I did that a lot this gen.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    In Microsoft World, MS uses always-on DRM because of disc installs, not used games blocking. lol
    What I want to know is how does Microsoft know when they do their check that the game has been installed on multiple systems?

What kind of information are they checking on your system to determine that?
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-17-2013 at 18:27.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    What I want to know is how does Microsoft know when they do their check that the game has been installed on multiple systems?

I would think there would be a digital signature on each disc and that sig is tied to your account on the initial install. Each X1 probably has its own machine key just like Windows does. So MS could easily track the usage of one disc fairly easily by transmitting and storing the disc sig, account #, and machine key. Total speculation in my part but MS isn't going to give that info out to anyone.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

4. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post

It doesn't matter if you can install the game on multiple systems. What matters if if your account owns the game.

I can go over to my friend's house and install the game on his system, but he needs to buy the game if he wants it on his account. If you're playing on YOUR account, then you can just play the game.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    It doesn't matter if you can install the game on multiple systems. What matters if if your account owns the game.

I can go over to my friend's house and install the game on his system, but he needs to buy the game if he wants it on his account. If you're playing on YOUR account, then you can just play the game.
    Oh I get that. What I am I trying to understand is -- how are they going to determine that you own the game simply by connecting online? There has to be some sort of information they are looking for.

I understand that once I install a game to my system, they are going to link the game to my account.....I guess I am getting confused because they are doing a check every 24-hours, what exactly are they gonna verify?

If I don't share, go to another console to play my games, what are they checking on my console to see I still own the games that I have purchased?
    --
    What LSL says would make sense and that information is probably something they don't wanna share. But am I the only person having trouble understanding this?

Shouldn't linking the game to your account be enough? Why do they need to keep checking?

They must be keeping track of some kind of information -- such as how many times a game has been installed, on how many systems etc. It must be checking for that.
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-17-2013 at 20:40.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Its still better than each user on a console having to pay for their gold account.
    it was really bad that MS chose to charge each user for using gold.

Thread Information