Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

a little light reading on : Used Games, Kinect Privacy etc..

give it a try without the blinkers on.

I'm sick of seeing all the misinformation going around the gaming subreddits. It's really frustrating to see people furiously hating the X1 without having all, if any, of the details. I'll try and break this down for you guys so here we go.

To start off, the Xbox One will allow you buy games at launch through digital download or through discs by going to a retail store.
    USED GAMES
    One of the X1's main feature is the ability to install the disc directly to the hard drive and play it without a disk. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a feature many asked for when the feature was added to 360, but it was only to allow the game to run better.
    Contrary to popular believe, the used game does exist in the X1.
    "Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games."
    What can we take away from this? Easy. If you bought a disc based game, you can sell and trade it to any participating retailer. It means that game publishers will work out deals with retailers in order for the developers and publishers to take a cut of used games sales. Microsoft will not receive any money from these transactions. If you bought a digital copy, just like any digital copy, you will not be able to do this.
    FIRST PARTY GAMES
    "In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."
    All first party games will be allowed to be resold and be given away (more of this below).
    RENTING GAMES
    "Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."
    Microsoft and companies such as Gamefly are working on a system to make this work.

DRM--WHY?
    As we saw above, you will be able install your games to your hard-drive and have your entire library available to play without putting the disc in the disc tray.
    This is why the 24-hour check is required. Without this, many copies of the same game could be installed into multiple X1's and it would be absolutely crumble game sales.
    The drawback to this is not being able to game offline. Microsoft has said that the final decisions to this issue have not been final. I believe if they allow you to play offline with the disc in the disc tray, this would become a non-issue.

PRIVACY
    This is one of the biggest things people have been complaining about. Microsoft has already addressed the issue, but of course it fell on deaf ears. People already had their pitch forks out and had Sony on a pedestal by this point.
    "You are in control of when Kinect sensing is On, Off or Paused: If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say “Xbox Off.” When the system is off, it’s only listening for the single voice command -- “Xbox On,” and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences."
    As I've stated before, you will have the control to everything that the Kinect has to offer. If you don't want it to hear you? You can do that. If you don't want it to see you, you can do that. Don't want it to listen for the "Xbox On" while it's off, you can also do that.
    If you want to learn more about the Kinect's privacy settings, you can click this link: Kinect Privacy

XBOX ONE- A GAME OF CIRCLES
    Now onto the other things. As some of us know, you will be able to have a "circle" of friends, 10 people to be exact, that will be able to access your game library from anywhere (in the same region, I'm assuming..still not clear about this) at anytime (as long as you or someone else in your circle isn't playing it). This is of course how things work now, two of your friends can't play the game at the same time from one disc on two separate consoles.
    This is a feature that is absolutely wonderful, but the people raging about it had not heard about it before.
    "Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."
    I absolutely love this feature. For example, my cousin is 200 miles away when he's away to college and I've let him borrow LA Noire and Dead Rising. I've yet to receive those games from him. With this feature, we don't have to be close in order for him to borrow any of my games! It's crazy as to how so many people dismissed this feature because it's a big jump forward in digital technology. No longer will my friends or family have to be close to me in order for them borrow one of my games.
    Important Update: New information has risen relating to this feature. You +1 friend from your circle can play the same game at the same time. Others can still play from your other library selection.
    SOURCE
    Another Important Update: DLC will be shareable through your circle. Your friend will be able to play all of the DLC that you buy. They will not need to purchase their own DLC for the game they're playing from your Xbox One.
    SOURCE

GIVING AWAY GAMES
    Do you have a game that you will no longer play? Your friend can still play it off of your Xbox (if they're in your circle). What if they're not? As long as they have been in your friend's list for 30 days, you can give a game away to your friend, free of charge! This can only be done once per copy.
    Disclaimer: Microsoft has left it up to the publishers to decide whether or not you will be able to give your games to your friend. As stated above, first party games will allow you to this.

AFTER-THOUGHT: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    The big change in the Xbox Live system is the feature to allow all users on one console to have gold by just one user having it. For example, if I have Xbox Live Gold and my brothers also use the same console, they will also be able to use all the perks of a Gold account. They will have access to all the games on the console even if it was installed through my account.
    In short, one Gold account subscription per Xbox.

AFTER-THOUGHT OF AN AFTER-THOUGHT, A KINECT STORY
    Disclaimer, the following is information that I believe. I have no source for some, just my opinion.
    The main question I'm seeing is why the Kinect is being forced upon us. This is what I believe is the case in relation to this matter.
    The past version of the Kinect was not the big leap in innovating that Microsoft wanted. It is a powerful machine, but many developers were not making games for it. The games that were being made specifically for the Kinect we really not that great. They didn't appeal to many gamers as they were soft and childish. This wasn't what Microsoft was looking for from developers.
    Why weren't developers making games for the Kinect? Was it because they couldn't?
    A CHANGE OF MARKETS
    If a developer made a game for the Kinect, their market instantly became much smaller. Why? Not everyone has a Kinect. As of February 2013, the Kinect has sold an estimated 24 million units. This does not mean that these units have been sold to individual customers, but to retailers. Which means that there are Kinects in the shelves or warehouses that will never reach the individual customer. In comparison, the 360 has sold an estimated 77.2 million units, again not all sold to invidual customers, but it's safe to assume that there a lot more 360's in the hand of an individual customer than there is Kinects. In an instant, your market shrinks to about 31% of the possible market. Keep in mind, this number will change depending on how many units of each product have been sold to each consumer.
    With that information given to you, what I believe is happening is simple. Microsoft is shipping a Kinect with every console because like this, if you own an Xbox One--you will aso own a Kinect. With this, I'm thinking Microsoft is ensuring the developers that the market is out there! In this move, Microsoft want the developers to explore the possibilities of the Kinect. They want newer innovations as they believe they've made a product with enormous potential. Why do you believe they were shoving the Kinect down everyone's throat last E3? They wanted to expand their market.
    Just think of everything that can be developed for the Kinect. For example, Dead Rising 3 will have a feature where it will listen outside of the game through the Kinect. If you make a loud sound while playing, the zombies will hear you and they will come after you. This is the kind of thing Microsoft is looking for with the Kinect, innovation.
    As to why it can't be disconnected, that I'm not sure. Maybe it's for the same thing? I can't expand further on this.

With this, we are done with explaining the information that a lot have missed and hopefully will be able to see that the Xbox One really isn't what they think.
    If you wish to learn more, all of this and other information can be found here:
    Xbox One- Games Licensing
    Kinect-Privacy by Design
    Kinect Sales
    Xbox 360 Sales
    Xbox One Friend's List- Limit Changed From 100 to 1,000
    Blood Relatives Only? Nope.
    Dead Rising 3 Feature
    Your Mobile Device May Be Used to Authenticate The Licensing Refresh
    If I made any mistakes, let me know and I will change them

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comm..._games_kinect/

2. Likes Sub-stance1, Lethal , Cuguy likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I literally was preparing to cut and paste this as it has to be the best forum FUD killing article out there.
    LMAO

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Very good read and coherently explains the benefits of the system that Microsoft has created.

Maybe they can hire this fella to relay this information on a grander scale because Microsoft has so far failed at it - if you take pre-order/votes/forum chatter into account

Oh and they need to price it better for what they're giving us. $100 difference is a big deal

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    agreed Nitey.

Their PR and public perception are terrible at present.
    LMAO

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Very good read and coherently explains the benefits of the system that Microsoft has created.

Maybe they can hire this fella to relay this information on a grander scale because Microsoft has so far failed at it - if you take pre-order/votes/forum chatter into account

Oh and they need to price it better for what they're giving us. $100 difference is a big deal
    Difficult, they talk and then things are taken out of context and spun to make it look bad.
    Try having a conversation on this very forum about Xbox One and what it brings to next Gen and see how long it takes for it to be jumped on by people who don't even intend to buy the system.

As regards price, it does include Kinect and if they were to offer a cheaper system minus Kinect . Then it would not get the support they want for.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    If a game can still be played offline indefinitely for as long as the disc is in the drive then that would definitely be a great news for many people.
    you can give a game away to your friend, free of charge! This can only be done once per copy.
    What about after that? What will happen if your friend wants to give that game to another friend?

Any of the articles on the site explain just how limited the Xbox One connectivity will be in some of the countries?
    Last edited by Terminator 101; 06-14-2013 at 22:51.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Too late, damage is done.

Gonna be a long climb back up from this self inflicted blow they gave themselves

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    The guy makes a good argument for why they include a Kinect with every Xbox One. I can sorta see where he is coming from there. Mandatory Kinect was one of the deal breakers for me, but was starting to waver on that even before I read this.

As far as the used games/DRM....uh no, I've already seen the arguments he is making. No epiphany here. He parrots the talk of "enabling publishers" and "participating retailers" for used games. Loaning games won't be available at launch, but working on it yada yada. Sigh....same ole $#@!.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    Difficult, they talk and then things are taken out of context and spun to make it look bad.
    Try having a conversation on this very forum about Xbox One and what it brings to next Gen and see how long it takes for it to be jumped on by people who don't even intend to buy the system.

As regards price, it does include Kinect and if they were to offer a cheaper system minus Kinect . Then it would not get the support they want for.
    How about the general consesus across the internet? Even the US Military are unimpressed with having to sign in every 24hrs to play their games. This is getting pretty big, it's not just PlayStation sites I'm afraid.

However, the OP in that thread you linked has very thoughtfully put together the clear benefits of an always online/drm console but there is still a $#@!storm out there anyway. It means that Microsoft has a lot of work to do, perhaps a different angle at explaining this information - that's what a company does when things are taken out of content. I'm sure that would help more than telling people to go buy 360s instead

Then they have to try and convince people that all that is worth $100 more as well. I know it includes Kinect and it's great for the future support of the device and the whole talking to the Xbox experience. But again, they have to convince people that it's all really worth it

This thing is gonna be a sellout at launch regardless. But I don't think they can continue taking these body blows for 5 more months until that launch

Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    Too late, damage is done.

Gonna be a long climb back up from this self inflicted blow they gave themselves
    Perhaps

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    The guy makes a good argument for why they include a Kinect with every Xbox One. I can sorta see where he is coming from there. Mandatory Kinect was one of the deal breakers for me, but was starting to waver on that even before I read this. As far as the used games/DRM....uh no, I've already seen the arguments he is making. No epiphany here. He parrots the talk of "enabling publishers" and "participating retailers" for used games. Loaning games won't be available at launch, but working on it yada yada. Sigh....same ole $#@!.
    Agreed. And no renting either. Then add mandatory Kinect and100 bucks to the price tag along with these restrictions. No thanks. This guy really hasnt said anything new.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    not a light read at all. lol

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    How about the general consesus across the internet? Even the US Military are unimpressed with having to sign in every 24hrs to play their games. This is getting pretty big, it's not just PlayStation sites I'm afraid.

However, the OP in that thread you linked has very thoughtfully put together the clear benefits of an always online/drm console but there is still a $#@!storm out there anyway. It means that Microsoft has a lot of work to do, perhaps a different angle at explaining this information - that's what a company does when things are taken out of content. I'm sure that would help more than telling people to go buy 360s instead

Then they have to try and convince people that all that is worth $100 more as well. I know it includes Kinect and it's great for the future support of the device and the whole talking to the Xbox experience. But again, they have to convince people that it's all really worth it

This thing is gonna be a sellout at launch regardless. But I don't think they can continue taking these body blows for 5 more months until that launch

Perhaps
    That's not entirely true. Military gamers can still play games like they always have whenever they deploy.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    I figured that from the beginning. This is their way of getting Kinect out there early without having to sell it separately. There is no guarantee that they would sell another 24 million this time so by including it early would move some units.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 06-14-2013 at 23:30.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That's not entirely true. Military gamers can still play games like they always have whenever they deploy.
    Of course. I said that they are unimpressed by the policies that surround the console, which is certainly true.

Forum Sage
    Of course. I said that they are unimpressed by the policies that surround the console, which is certainly true.
    And that part is still not entirely true. You make it sound like the Military as a whole is upset and that's not true. A always connected console won't change anything among military members.

Elite Guru
    I find it hilarious that you pick on a little detail in my post and continue derailing this guy's thread, though I can't say I'm surprised. I'm just relaying what Moddow is sprouting. She has twitter if you want to tell her it's not the entire military that is upset though:

The point is that there is a $#@!storm out there and MS needs to better educate people on the benefits of this always online console.

Back on topic.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I find it hilarious that you pick on a little detail in my post and continue derailing this guy's thread, though I can't say I'm surprised. I'm just relaying what Moddow is sprouting. She has twitter if you want to tell her it's not the entire military that is upset though:

The point is that there is a $#@!storm out there and MS needs to better educate people on the benefits of this always online console.

Back on topic.
    This man knows what he is talking about.

Forum Sage

Back on topic.
    Oh, that figures....Maddow. She has no idea...lol The US military is well equipped to support xbox-one in a controlled setting. This is the internet we are talking about. That's misinformation right there. Maybe military members don't like the ploicy but they are no more alienated than the civilian population.

Forum Elder
    one can only but hope that they are allowed to get there points across.

as a poster above put it..
    no renting either. Then add mandatory Kinect and100 bucks to the price tag along with these restrictions. No thanks. This guy really hasnt said anything new.
    the above is what i expect to happen with those of a certain mentality. some people just don't want to read/listen/understand, just bash.

i'm guessing MS will be happy to start off with those who understand, buy and use the system and then pass on there experience to those who are not quite sure.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    i believe if microsoft came out and explained it this way then the $#@! storm they face wouldn't be as bad. as it is, they didn't do that, and consumers and potential customers are angered, confused and withdrawn. this is not good for microsoft

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    one can only but hope that they are allowed to get there points across.

as a poster above put it..

the above is what i expect to happen with those of a certain mentality. some people just don't want to read/listen/understand, just bash.

i'm guessing MS will be happy to start off with those who understand, buy and use the system and then pass on there experience to those who are not quite sure.
    You know, that may be exactly what happens and I have actually thought about it previously. Someone who owns an Xbox One may say to me "all the crap that was said about the Xbox One was bull. I play used games all the time, I trade them, I give them to my friends. I don't see what the big deal is." If that happens I'll give it a shot, but I hope things change prior to launch and I don't need anyone else to quiet my fears. I WANT to be able to have both consoles next gen just like this gen. Having both makes for the best gaming experience, bar none.

Here's the thing, Yungstar. Dude, you are saying people like me (I know you didn't quote me, but rad and I are of the same opinion on this right now) are not reading/listening/understanding because we don't agree with you. That is not true, dude. I've been combing everything trying to make sense of all this. Nothing, not even the piece in the OP, is telling me something I don't already know about the DRM issue. And what I know right now is that MS' policies are not what I want in a gaming system. Thankfully, policies are not a piece of hardware and they can change. I'm really hoping they do.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

22. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Wow, great read....that really hit home. Good news. I wish MS could convey that better to everyone.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    DRM--WHY?
    As we saw above, you will be able install your games to your hard-drive and have your entire library available to play without putting the disc in the disc tray.
    This is why the 24-hour check is required. Without this, many copies of the same game could be installed into multiple X1's and it would be absolutely crumble game sales.
    In Microsoft World, MS uses always-on DRM because of disc installs, not used games blocking. lol

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    This article looks to be written by a xbox fanboy that doesn't want everyone picking on his system of choice.

I'm sick of seeing all the misinformation going around the gaming subreddits. It's really frustrating to see people furiously hating the X1 without having all, if any, of the details. I'll try and break this down for you guys so here we go.
    First of all, why are you mad? Calm that $#@! down!

To start off, the Xbox One will allow you buy games at launch through digital download or through discs by going to a retail store.
    USED GAMES
    One of the X1's main feature is the ability to install the disc directly to the hard drive and play it without a disk. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a feature many asked for when the feature was added to 360, but it was only to allow the game to run better.
    Contrary to popular believe, the used game does exist in the X1.
    "Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games."
    What can we take away from this? Easy. If you bought a disc based game, you can sell and trade it to any participating retailer. It means that game publishers will work out deals with retailers in order for the developers and publishers to take a cut of used games sales. Microsoft will not receive any money from these transactions. If you bought a digital copy, just like any digital copy, you will not be able to do this.
    Digital is digital. Everyone gets that. But disc based...there's no guarantee that those publishers are going to allow their games to be sold. You won't have a clue that you are being $#@!ed over(not able to sell the game) until after you buy it or if you're lucky, it states so on the box.

Justification:Failed

FIRST PARTY GAMES
    "In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."
    All first party games will be allowed to be resold and be given away (more of this below).
    Yes, MS is down for you to resell your games. 3rd parties may not allow it and if they do, they'll make money from it. MS states that they don't make money off 3rd party titles being resold. Ms NEVER stated that they wouldn't make money from their first party published games.

RENTING GAMES
    "Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."
    Microsoft and companies such as Gamefly are working on a system to make this wor
    They're exploring. It doesn't mean it's going to go through aka nothing set in stone. Don't pull stuff out your ass and try to sell it to me. And it's stated that 3rd party doesn't have to allow you to rent/lend their titles if they don't want to.

DRM--WHY?
    The drawback to this is not being able to game offline. Microsoft has said that the final decisions to this issue have not been final. I believe if they allow you to play offline with the disc in the disc tray, this would become a non-issue.
    As of now, it's considered final. "They listened" or claimed to and still added it to its software design. Therefore, don't feed me pr crap. The fact remains that people don't give a $#@! about that other stuff being that they are still complaining about the drm online check-in. Obviously those people would rather just be able to bring the game to their friend house and insert the disc and start the game up rather than have that friend need to download the game and all of that other hoop jumping that's needed to make the game start up.[log in under owner;be on the friends list for 30 days;be under the 10 family member list].

PRIVACY
    This is one of the biggest things people have been complaining about. Microsoft has already addressed the issue, but of course it fell on deaf ears. People already had their pitch forks out and had Sony on a pedestal by this point.
    "You are in control of when Kinect sensing is On, Off or Paused: If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say “Xbox Off.” When the system is off, it’s only listening for the single voice command -- “Xbox On,” and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences."
    As I've stated before, you will have the control to everything that the Kinect has to offer. If you don't want it to hear you? You can do that. If you don't want it to see you, you can do that. Don't want it to listen for the "Xbox On" while it's off, you can also do that.
    If you want to learn more about the Kinect's privacy settings, you can click this link: Kinect Privacy
    Everyone knows this and everyone isn't stupid. If it's listening for "xbox on/off" then it has to listen for other words in order to know that you are trying to turn it on or off.

XBOX ONE- A GAME OF CIRCLES
    Now onto the other things. As some of us know, you will be able to have a "circle" of friends, 10 people to be exact, that will be able to access your game library from anywhere (in the same region, I'm assuming..still not clear about this) at anytime (as long as you or someone else in your circle isn't playing it). This is of course how things work now, two of your friends can't play the game at the same time from one disc on two separate consoles.
    This is a feature that is absolutely wonderful, but the people raging about it had not heard about it before.
    "Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."
    I absolutely love this feature. For example, my cousin is 200 miles away when he's away to college and I've let him borrow LA Noire and Dead Rising. I've yet to receive those games from him. With this feature, we don't have to be close in order for him to borrow any of my games! It's crazy as to how so many people dismissed this feature because it's a big jump forward in digital technology. No longer will my friends or family have to be close to me in order for them borrow one of my games.
    Important Update: New information has risen relating to this feature. You +1 friend from your circle can play the same game at the same time. Others can still play from your other library selection.
    It's cool if you have no problem being logged in all the time if you aren't the original owner of the title. And all of this needing to be logged in is the major gripe about xbone.

Justification:ehh

GIVING AWAY GAMES
    Do you have a game that you will no longer play? Your friend can still play it off of your Xbox (if they're in your circle). What if they're not? As long as they have been in your friend's list for 30 days, you can give a game away to your friend, free of charge! This can only be done once per copy.
    Disclaimer: Microsoft has left it up to the publishers to decide whether or not you will be able to give your games to your friend. As stated above, first party games will allow you to this.
    The bold is 50% of the turnoff. And why would I give away a game? Tough $#@! if you aren't amongst my circle of 10. Go buy a copy if you want it so bad. Giving it away screws over those 10 members in your circle. They can no longer play that game because it isn't the original owner's anymore. Didn't think about that did you, mr. voice of reason?

AFTER-THOUGHT: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    The big change in the Xbox Live system is the feature to allow all users on one console to have gold by just one user having it. For example, if I have Xbox Live Gold and my brothers also use the same console, they will also be able to use all the perks of a Gold account. They will have access to all the games on the console even if it was installed through my account.
    In short, one Gold account subscription per Xbox.
    In short, when you log in under another person xbone, you won't have a gold account anymore if you weren't the original subscriber.

AFTER-THOUGHT OF AN AFTER-THOUGHT, A KINECT STORY
    Disclaimer, the following is information that I believe. I have no source for some, just my opinion.
    The main question I'm seeing is why the Kinect is being forced upon us. This is what I believe is the case in relation to this matter.
    The past version of the Kinect was not the big leap in innovating that Microsoft wanted. It is a powerful machine, but many developers were not making games for it. The games that were being made specifically for the Kinect we really not that great. They didn't appeal to many gamers as they were soft and childish. This wasn't what Microsoft was looking for from developers.
    Why weren't developers making games for the Kinect? Was it because they couldn't?
    I agree. Kinect sucked ass for the core gamers.

A CHANGE OF MARKETS
    If a developer made a game for the Kinect, their market instantly became much smaller. Why? Not everyone has a Kinect. As of February 2013, the Kinect has sold an estimated 24 million units. This does not mean that these units have been sold to individual customers, but to retailers. Which means that there are Kinects in the shelves or warehouses that will never reach the individual customer. In comparison, the 360 has sold an estimated 77.2 million units, again not all sold to invidual customers, but it's safe to assume that there a lot more 360's in the hand of an individual customer than there is Kinects. In an instant, your market shrinks to about 31% of the possible market. Keep in mind, this number will change depending on how many units of each product have been sold to each consumer.
    With that information given to you, what I believe is happening is simple. Microsoft is shipping a Kinect with every console because like this, if you own an Xbox One--you will aso own a Kinect. With this, I'm thinking Microsoft is ensuring the developers that the market is out there! In this move, Microsoft want the developers to explore the possibilities of the Kinect. They want newer innovations as they believe they've made a product with enormous potential. Why do you believe they were shoving the Kinect down everyone's throat last E3? They wanted to expand their market.
    Just think of everything that can be developed for the Kinect. For example, Dead Rising 3 will have a feature where it will listen outside of the game through the Kinect. If you make a loud sound while playing, the zombies will hear you and they will come after you. This is the kind of thing Microsoft is looking for with the Kinect, innovation.
    As to why it can't be disconnected, that I'm not sure. Maybe it's for the same thing? I can't expand further on this.
    With this, we are done with explaining the information that a lot have missed and hopefully will be able to see that the Xbox One really isn't what they think.
    But but bu you can turn kinect off. Ha! if the $#@!ing game needs kinect then you'll be hooking that baby back up with all those privacy settings turned off.

I don't care if my counter to his arguments sound negative. Don't run your mouth about people being blind and other bull$#@! as if there's no reason gamers should be mad. They have every right to not like these things being forced upon them. A lot of these "perks" should be made available to those that register it in the cloud. If gamers want to game old school style then allow them to do so. If they don't want to register their titles in the cloud then make those "perks" unavailable. At least they'll have a choice and not be forced into it. It's really that simple.

*If I name call or anything, it's not about anyone on the forum. It's towards the guy that wrote this article.(tho he can see it lol)

26. Likes Mael Duin, F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It wasn't a hard article to counter. Great post 24.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    In short, when you log in under another person xbone, you won't have a gold account anymore if you weren't the original subscriber.
    That is true, however, if the XBone that you long on to just happens to have a gold account, and yours is a sliver one, it will become a gold account as long as you are logged on to that console.

I guess this is a benefit mainly if everyone you know has a gold account on their console.

Its still better than each user on a console having to pay for their gold account.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Thread Information