Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Confirmed by Jonathan Blow and Sucker Punch, demos were running on PS4 devkits. Most importantly, they were running PS4 GameOS, not Windows.

Blow: We worked very hard to get our game running on the actual PS4 hardware and operating system in time for the show. As did many other devs.

Sucker Punch’s Jason Connell added:

Yup, we were definitely on a dev kit. [For inFamous: Second Son]
    For the MS apologists, if that was an XBone devkit, why was it running Windows 7? No matter how much spin is given, it still looks just as bad.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

2. Likes Itachi , A7MAD likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Confirmed by Jonathan Blow and Sucker Punch, demos were running on PS4 devkits. Most importantly, they were running PS4 GameOS, not Windows.

For the MS apologists, if that was an XBone devkit, why was it running Windows 7? No matter how much spin is given, it still looks just as bad.
    Look at the pic dude and those multiple flat panels on the wall. This is the room wfere they had 7x7 tournaments for TitanFalls. The pcs in that room were using window 7 and nvidia graphics carf.
    You are trying your damnist to make something out of nothing.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

4. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    If I have to jab at the dev kits, its: - Using Nvidia card instead of AMD. Why not AMD card? - Using Windows 7, which is funny considering Xbone was suppose to be more like Windows 8.

Ultimate Veteran
    4,147.2 GFlop cards running their demos? I mean, this is a little bit beyond overcompensation here. These development kits are galaxies beyond what is going in the retail machine.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

Forum Guru
    Makes you wonder if the game will run as good as what was shown at E3.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    4,147.2 GFlop cards running their demos? I mean, this is a little bit beyond overcompensation here. These development kits are galaxies beyond what is going in the retail machine.
    There is no Nvidia G-card in the dev kits the dev kits are enclosed you can't even see whats inside. Thats why this story is BS and made up.
    On top of that their is massive amount of security to prevent theft of dev kits and someone trying to pry it open.
    Last edited by The Sith; 06-15-2013 at 09:32.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    There is no Nvidia G-card in the dev kits the dev kits are enclosed you can't even see whats inside. Thats why this story is BS and made up.
    On top of that their is massive amount of security to prevent theft of dev kits and someone trying to pry it open.
    Xbox One dev kits are of course not NVIDIA, but these E3 booths are not using dev kits, hence why they are using NVIDIA cards.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    In contrast to this

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    There's no doubt Sony has the more mature devkits. Didn't Avalanche say this as well?
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Look at the pic dude and those multiple flat panels on the wall. This is the room wfere they had 7x7 tournaments for TitanFalls. The pcs in that room were using window 7 and nvidia graphics carf.
    You are trying your damnist to make something out of nothing.
    I'm looking at the pic...Xbox One is plastered everywhere on the Xbox green carpet and walls.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    I'm looking at the pic...Xbox One is plastered everywhere on the Xbox green carpet and walls.
    Lol dont mind sith, his on another level

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

13. Likes Cyn likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Well Microsoft just answered my question.

Does my new gaming PC I build use Windows 8 for its operating system or do I use Windows 7 instead?

Ms has no faith in AMD or Windows 8!

Oh Microsoft, you so crazeh!
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Power Member
    Items User name style

Dev kits circa May 16th via Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/b...n-inside-look/

Reportedly these have been in the hands of devs since March.

Which would give someone like EA 2 months to get a working demo running on them.

vs....

feature Intel CPUs and a graphics card that carries the NVIDIA brand - but he doesn't identify either part more specifically. He also claims that the Durango kit features more than 8GB of memory
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...go-devkit-leak
    Devkits that SuperDae had.

I would doubt they even have BF4 even up and running on those new devkits yet.
    Last edited by mynd; 06-15-2013 at 11:39.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Nothing really new here, except maybe the name of the type of gpu involved. However, that doesn't really make any difference. What environment are they running the Xbox One game on, and how is that environment limiting the actual hardware usage?

Of course they were on dev kits. Anything shown at E3, regardless of platform, was a dev kit.
    A Windows 7 PC With 780 GTX card is not a devkit.

At least i got my answer to why Ryse was running so smoothly with so much eye candy.
    Last edited by Nuvian; 06-15-2013 at 13:59.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    The games not running on actual dev kits is one thing, but that's not even approximate hardware. And these games are supposed to be out for the Xbone in 5 months

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Bottom line, what we have seen so far may or may not be what gamers experience after launch. Geez, add another bit of uncertainty to Xbox One that it doesn't need.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Soldier 95B
    The funny thing is, this all happened with the Xbox 360 and PS3's. The video cards, the operating system, all in question.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    w. t. f, MS?

If the games look worse than what was shown at e3 then . Seeing them compete with disadvantages will be interesting.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    w. t. f, MS?

If the games look worse than what was shown at e3 then . Seeing them compete with disadvantages will be interesting.
    They won't. If anything they will look better. Still a long time before any of the them releases.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yeah moore never said other wise, he actually stated it was pc specd to ms's specs.

All i can say if a gtx780 is per spec....wow.

Some how i doubt it.
    Wake up mynd, of course you doubt it lol. The damn thing is more expensive than the entire console.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGenGamer2000 View Post
    How? If it will look better on X1 dev hardware, they would have ran it on dev hardware.

Lol. It's simple as that.
    Even if that's true, they won't look any worse that what we've seen already and that's ok by me. So far so good. I would make a bet with you but you seem to have lost the last one so....lol

Forum Sage
    Lol. I can't tell you are serious. But how do you know games are going to look same? GTX 780 is far more powerful than X1 equivalent of GTX 560.
    How do you know they won't?
    Also, so it is official? You are taking the bet? You really think MS owns Titanfall IP? Haha this is easy X1 console.
    I never said they did. You need to go read what you posted....lol

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Edit-removed unnecessary comment. If those are "devkits", then why was the Windows 7 desktop HP branded? Is the claim going to be made that HP is now providing "devkits" for MS? LOL!

The point that seems to be missed here amongst some is that the XBone OS was *NOT* a GameOS, it booted up to Windows 7. Even if the PS4 demo units weren't devkits, they were running Playstation GameOS. Just that indicates how much further along Sony is with the PS4. And the PS4 devs have stated their demos were running on devkits with representative hardware. To top it off, there have been many observations that the PS4 game demos looked better in comparison. So, PS4 representative hardware was looking better than a top end PC with some of the graphics settings cranked down. Spin like a whirling dervish all you want, because the spin looks like a downward spiral out of control.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 06-15-2013 at 17:33.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

26. Likes Georges likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I never said they did. You need to go read what you posted....lol
    He must have missed your post.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Edit-removed unnecessary comment. If those are "devkits", then why was the Windows 7 desktop HP branded? Is the claim going to be made that HP is now providing "devkits" for MS? LOL!

The point that seems to be missed here amongst some is that the XBone OS was *NOT* a GameOS, it booted up to Windows 7. Even if the PS4 demo units weren't devkits, they were running Playstation GameOS. Just that indicates how much further along Sony is with the PS4. And the PS4 devs have stated their demos were running on devkits with representative hardware. To top it off, there have been many observations that the PS4 game demos looked better in comparison. So, PS4 representative hardware was looking better than a top end PC with some of the graphics settings cranked down. Spin like a whirling dervish all you want, because the spin looks like a downward spiral out of control.
    lol... I do believe dev kits are usually similar specs that have more RAM but the same architecture. When developing a game you do have more stuff going in the background so you will probably need more power. This is nothing new with E-3 shows.

I didn't say they won't. You said they will and I called you out on it.

You do not know and yet you act like you do.

My position is that it is highly unlikely. It is closed console so they may be able to highly optimize to run similar, but with dead line and budgets, unlikely.

Just look at GTX 560 vs 780. It's not even funny.
    The games will run and look similar. If your target is AMD you still can develop with Nvidea. We still don't know everything about the X1 GPU yet.

Unless MS owns the IP it will get ported like most 3rd party exclusives.
    Again, go back to the proper thread if you want to discuss that.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 06-15-2013 at 17:49.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    w. t. f, MS? If the games look worse than what was shown at e3 then . Seeing them compete with disadvantages will be interesting.
    If they were running on an Nvidia GPU thats tons more powerful than what their retail console AMD GPU is going to be than the games graphics are definitely going to look worse. No way around that. The Xbone specs are locked in.

Thread Information