Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Now I see why the xbone is highest in price. Their magical 1.2TF gpu competes with GTX 780...j/k
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol... I do believe dev kits are usually similar specs that have more RAM but the same architecture. When developing a game you do have more stuff going in the background so you will probably need more power. This is nothing new with E-3 shows.

The games will run and look similar. If your target is AMD you still can develop with Nvidea. e still don't know everything about the X1 GPU yet.

Again, go back to the proper thread if you want to discuss that.
    I saw they were running extra fans on the dev kit too.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Now I see why the xbone is highest in price. Their magical 1.2TF gpu competes with GTX 780...j/k
    Its teh power of da cloudz. lol

Soldier 95B

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    They did the same with the Xbox 360. But with a Mac Pro.

So at least this time they used their own OS
    Last edited by Georges; 06-15-2013 at 18:39.

PSN ID
    Aked

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards?

[Update: PS4 developers state that their games were running on actual PS4 dev kits, not high-end PCs]

You know how EA's COO Peter Moore told Geoff Keighley during the post-conference interview at E3 that the games they were showing off on stage were running on comparable dev kit specs to the actual home consoles? Well...that's not really true. What is true, however, is that to get the best performance on home console games, Microsoft made sure that they were running on the most stable system specs available on the market and in some cases that may have been an HP powered, Windows 7 system with Nvidia's 700 series GTX GPU.

Thanks to the guys on the HFBoards, they put together a nice little cache of information on the Xbox One and PS4, strangely they had some fairly unflattering evidence of some Xbox One games not even running on Xbox One dev kits or, as Peter Moore put it, comparable specs... unless switching from AMD cards to Nvidia cards in a last ditch effort to raise the price of manufacturing the console?

Anyway, Julian Rignall from US Gamers had an interesting Tweet to share, which on its own is quite harmless, noting...

Link and Pics http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbo...rds-56737.html

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items PS3 Slim
    Is the reason why BF4 during the XBox One session taking such a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to load because they hadn't installed it on an SSD, then?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    We already have multiple threads about this for petes sake.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

PSN ID
    Aked
    sorry boss

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Its teh power of da cloudz. lol
    I see a lot of rain but no clouds!
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Veteran
    I wasn't aware of this, so if this is true and they're consoles are still powered by AMD, what the hell are they doing seriously? Trying to show off some great looking games, and then when gamers get their hands on it, they look worse than what they expected?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I wasn't aware of this, so if this is true and they're consoles are still powered by AMD, what the hell are they doing seriously? Trying to show off some great looking games, and then when gamers get their hands on it, they look worse than what they expected?
    Thats whats going to happen. That Nvidia card is way more powerful than the AMD GPU that the Xbone is going to have in it. No way that there wont be a graphical downgrade.

Ultimate Veteran
    MS was useing titan video card which costs 1000 dollars lol, MS lieing again

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    MS was useing titan video card which costs 1000 dollars lol, MS lieing again
    They appear more like 780's, not that this makes matters any better.

I tried discussing this at that other place (you know which place) but all they keep saying is that the parts are down clocked to match the system...

IMO if you down clock you wouldn't be using Corsair H100i cooling on the CPU (probably an i7 in those rigs too).
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    They appear more like 780's, not that this makes matters any better.

I tried discussing this at that other place (you know which place) but all they keep saying is that the parts are down clocked to match the system...

IMO if you down clock you wouldn't be using Corsair H100i cooling on the CPU (probably an i7 in those rigs too).
    You ever try to downclock something that far?

Spec of the unknown machine

Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    You ever try to downclock something that far?
    Is it even possible?

The spec of the machine was an i7 CPU with 16GB of RAM. When the machine crashed and rebooted it displayed the HP splash screen, and then a couple of specs before booting into Windows 7 64bit enterprise edition. The motheboards were defo supplied from HP.

What stinks to high heaven is that when people started to whip out their phones and record what was going on, Microsofts PR people came over and started getting heavy handed with the threats.

As I said my friend was there from a recently defunct studio in Derby in the UK. He had to physically delete the footage from his iPhone at the insistence of the Microsoft guy.

That all said, this is why my Xbox 360 is going on Ebay and I'm making the switch. What I personally think is that the Xbone is nowhere near as mature as the Ps4 development wise. Do they have the goldenmaster equivalent in hardware development I wonder?

Perhaps we're all making terrible mistakes with our pre-ordered PS4s. The Xbox One with a GtX780, i7 processor and 16Gb of ram seems quite the bargain at $499.99.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Why did he delete the footage though? I don't think they could've forbidden him from recording there.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Thoroughly convinced MS has done nothing but watch TV. Have heard nothing but disappointing news from them.

DF went hands on
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-with-xbox-one
    Microsoft has a credibility problem. Xbox One launches in less than six months and yet its E3 press conference featured visibly poor performing software and a bunch of games actually running on PC-based surrogate hardware. We're told that these computers are either "target hardware" or "debug environments" but debate still surrounds the technological make-up of this kit - photos from E3 have emerged showing watercooled CPUs with Nvidia GeForce hardware, a world apart from production Xbox One silicon. We have reports of games crashing to Hewlett Packard branded desktops, stories of crashed game executables being terminated from the Windows Task Manager, and a conference reveal replete with the groan-inducing chicanery of "in-engine" footage and CG trailers.

Suffice to say, it's somewhat dismaying and very concerning that the majority of Xbox One games we saw at E3 were not actually running on console hardware, to the point where we were wondering whether the title of this article was somewhat disingenuous. We couldn't help but flash back to E3 2005, where key games were running on PowerPC Macintosh-based Xbox 360 dev kits (some of them overclocked, to boot)
    Last edited by Itachi; 06-17-2013 at 20:04.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Edwards View Post
    Is it even possible?
    Sure you can downclock, plenty of people do. I dunno about if you could go *that* far down though!

Extreme Poster
    You know, I was definitely surprised to see some of those games for the Xbox One. Specifically speaking of Titanfall.

Logically, they should have clearly looked less impressive than the PS4 games...so I assumed MGS5 and Ryse were enough proof (did not know MGS5 was current-gen so why reveal it at Xbox One conference?) but this was before I saw Titanfall. This is specifically why I was interested in seeing the Xbox version of The Division because I was seeing a mixed bag.

I guess we will just have to wait and see because unless we have proof that those super rigs were super toned down to match the specs (you see how ridiculous it sounds but apparently this is what it's supposed to be), interested in seeing what MS is going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Sure you can downclock, plenty of people do. I dunno about if you could go *that* far down though!
    and it's illogical to do that anyway.

Though it is still possible that Xbox One can deliver those graphics as you would need those graphics cards to match the consoles because of the efficiencies.
    Last edited by Sufi; 06-17-2013 at 20:14.

21. Likes mynd wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Titanfall looked like a COD game on PC (i.e current gen with a slight boost), MGSV on the other hand caused meltdowns in my brain

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by sony1978a View Post
    Anyway, Julian Rignall from US Gamers had an interesting Tweet to share, which on its own is quite harmless, noting...

Link and Pics http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbo...rds-56737.html
    Arthur Gies
    devkits for durango shipped with win7 last year. microsoft isn't going to switch the operating system on them now
    http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net
    Anonymous:Apparently MS was demoing games "on xbox one" that were really windows 7 pcs with a 1000$ titan video card....WOW

Jeff Gerstmann:
    Games get demoed on PC all the time, especially when console hardware hasnít been finalized yet. Plenty of stations with PS4 controllers at them were plugged into PCs, too. Need for Speed, for example.

This is not news.

Extreme Poster
    Red herring, no one is saying that you can't use a PC for demoing, the issue is that the PC that were used are about 3-4x more powerful than the Xbox One. Why do they need all that power? I'm guessing they didn't want any hitches or hiccups.

My second guess is since consoles are very efficient at doing what they do, it's possible that the Xbox One may still be able to show those graphics (maybe not exactly like that but pretty much).

They may have just overkilled on the PC specs so there's no issue of frame rate that are due to the developer's fault (e.g. if the game is still not running optimal).

Either all of those or they're being deceitful...not like Sony hasn't done that before.

25. Likes mynd wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Red herring, no one is saying that you can't use a PC for demoing, the issue is that the PC that were used are about 3-4x more powerful than the Xbox One. Why do they need all that power? I'm guessing they didn't want any hitches or hiccups.

My second guess is since consoles are very efficient at doing what they do, it's possible that the Xbox One may still be able to show those graphics (maybe not exactly like that but pretty much).

They may have just overkilled on the PC specs so there's no issue of frame rate that are due to the developer's fault (e.g. if the game is still not running optimal).

Either all of those or they're being deceitful...not like Sony hasn't done that before.
    Well, they had to get Battlefield 4 running at 1080p and 60 fps somehow.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Well, they had to get Battlefield 4 running at 1080p and 60 fps somehow.
    lol that game would take a lot of power though.

Thread Information