Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Red herring, no one is saying that you can't use a PC for demoing, the issue is that the PC that were used are about 3-4x more powerful than the Xbox One. Why do they need all that power? I'm guessing they didn't want any hitches or hiccups.

My second guess is since consoles are very efficient at doing what they do, it's possible that the Xbox One may still be able to show those graphics (maybe not exactly like that but pretty much).

They may have just overkilled on the PC specs so there's no issue of frame rate that are due to the developer's fault (e.g. if the game is still not running optimal).

Either all of those or they're being deceitful...not like Sony hasn't done that before.
    Lots of possibilities Sufi.
    What gets me is the cry of the people who are 100% sure of the performance benchmarks of the Xbox One.

Its funny because we don't know, yet we have a lot of experts running around here pointing to "those" documents, without actually benchmarking this system.

Paper spec vs "benchmarked" is entirely different matter.

2. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Lots of possibilities Sufi.
    What gets me is the cry of the people who are 100% sure of the performance benchmarks of the Xbox One.

Its funny because we don't know, yet we have a lot of experts running around here pointing to "those" documents, without actually benchmarking this system.

Paper spec vs "benchmarked" is entirely different matter.
    I agree, especially when we're talking about a closed box.

I mean, crap dude, I did not know MGS5 was a current gen title. I just thought it was a mediocre next-gen title...that's a huge compliment!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    It's not the pc that is the problem. It's the monster graphics card that is running them that in no way translates to the gpu in the xbone. Dev kits are essentially pcs with similar specs as the system. This is not a Dev kit this is a gaming pc.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

I know this is standard practice in the auto industry, people like J-Clarkson rag on Ferrari for example for supplying specifically tuned cars for journalists purely to garner the best coverage possible. Where I think this is different is that there's a real deception taking place. We're not talking about a slight bump in speed or the swopping say of a single component. We've got a high performance PC, hidden with a fake lit up Xbox One console, running gimped console games for the purpose of getting positive buzz.

In the past we've had dev kits with more mature version of components, tweaks in ram and storage configurations. This is entirely different, these are pretty much bleeding edge components which carry a 1,000-1,300 price tag.

I also really doubt Microsoft would dial back performance, why would they. They're creating the perfect deception, that its running on the announced Xbox One hardware in the first place, otherwise why places dummy units on the top of the display stands. Why not have a notice saying running on developmental hardware?

I'll stick with the automotive analogy, it's like test driving a Ford Fiesta and they've stuck an Aston Martin engine under the bonnet, so impressed I place an order and find out it's come with a bog standard 1.4L engine after all.

I know some people might accuse me of splitting hairs, but I feel like there's so much spin being put forward on MS behalf. This is just another example of them thinking that they're outsmarting us. It shows utter contempt. I love the talk about this being the new digital frontier and all of the options their strategy opens up. But it's all hyperbole and it gives the end consumer no benefits, wow family sharing, a positive by-product of the new restrictions. How is that a bonus? I found the comments about service people not being considered by Don Mattrick, totally embarrasing. He says they're not even in his consciousness when they developed the strategy and sort of defends his approach. Yes I've arrogantly not considered these people, why would it's not in my reality...is he being serious....? But then again why would he be concerned....he's probably got really good internet too!

I always found Major Nelson to be pretty cool, but he's comments recently have been as dis-ingenuous as the other higher ups. Well I guess he can stick to hawking Doritos and Mountain Dew special edition Xbones....

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/13/wi...ional-package/

Who would have thought that Adam Orth's early douche comments were actually the party line after all?

Ironically this was the level of hubris I think Sony had when launching the PS3, I like to think they learn't the hard way.

Thread Information