Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rengarious
    Items User name style

I have played the playstation 4 including Killzone, Knack, and Driveclub

I just got back from E3 2013 and have attended all of the conferences including Sony which was amazing.

However, I am sure your more interested in the actual hands-on experience on the Playstation 4 including Dualshock 4 and the launch games.

I have played the following:

Killzone: Shadowfall
    Knack
    DriveClub

Instead of creating threads for each one I'll keep everything here.

Ask me questions regarding whatever you want based on the controller and the games.

Begin.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Were you impressed with Killzone: Shadow Fall? How does it look and feel/control, compared to Killzone 3?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

PSN ID
    aStRoRdInArY
    How does DriveClub compare to Grant Turismo? Is it a hardcore simulator like GT, or more arcadey?
    If you add me on PSN, be sure to tell me you're from this forum

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    How does Drive Club look graphically? And how does the driving feel?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rengarious
    Items User name style
    Responding to - aStRoRdInArY and radgamer420 on Driveclub, Blacksite on Killzone: Shadowfall

To: aStroRdInArY

Very good question, I have actually managed to interview the developers of DriveClub as I was playing the game at the Sony European Booth. Now for the answer:

According to the developers DriveClub is a racing game that is geared towards car enthusiasts in terms of the actual cars and physical detail/look of the cars themselves. Everything from the little stitches on the leather to the overall look of the car is modeled and textured to a perfect precised details for those who love and appreciate cars.

As for the gameplay, the game is a mix of both a little big but in actuality its a game is meant to be fun and rewarding no matter how you play when you get behind the driver's seat. You get points for doing drifts, good corner turns and so on, drive the way you like it and earn points regardless of whether you win or lose. The game is mean to be fun.

The handling for each of the cars is different and properly tuned so that the handling feels unique and proper to each vehicle. Those who are into arcade racing games have nothing to worry about because I personally don't like car simulators and DriveClub was easy to get into and drive away.

Make a long story short DriveClub is a blend of both that creates an accessible experiences for people who just want to play casually and have fun while providing the thrills of driving an insanely detailed car.

To radgamer420

The graphics looks good, however the build that was playable/shown off was a pre-alpha build that needs tweaking and optimization still, there a few times where the frame-rate wouldn't be steady at all times.

To Blacksite

Killzone: Shadow Fall is beautiful, the demo that I played took place in some sort of a military based in a forest/jungle area that looked gorgeous. New things were shown of such as the Drone that helps you out and is available from the beginning of the game.

The drone can be assigned to different abilities such as a zipline that can be created to come down from a higher platform, a shield that can block enemy bullets while having your bullets go through to kill the enemies, a area of effect drone attack that stuns multiple enemies and hacking. Hacking allows the drone to stop the Helghast reinforcement from trying to kill when an alarm is set.

The game is more open-spaced/world, but still linear. However, you have way many more choices on how you want to tackle your attacks against the enemy. Basically the game lets you have much more freedom on how you traverse throughout the linear levels as opposed to corridor shooting that was in Killzone 2 and Killzone 3.

The controls need to be tweaked a bit, the game also has some glitches and frame-rate dips that are being optimized for the release. The guy who I interviewed was one of the main developers on the game and said that they're trying to lock Killzone: Shadow Fall at 30 FPS.
    Last edited by Savage360; 06-15-2013 at 06:16.

6. Likes K2D , aStRoRdInArY likes this post
    PSN ID
    aStRoRdInArY
    Thanks for the detailed response! Im really interested in drive club. I love the details and how realistic GT is, but i also like racing games that feel a bit more casual and not so intense.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Thanks for the info. Killzone Shadowfall and Drive Club both sound great.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    how is DS4 compared to DS3??

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage360 View Post
    I just got back from E3 2013 and have attended all of the conferences including Sony which was amazing.

However, I am sure your more interested in the actual hands-on experience on the Playstation 4 including Dualshock 4 and the launch games.

I have played the following:

Killzone: Shadowfall
    Knack
    DriveClub

Instead of creating threads for each one I'll keep everything here.

Ask me questions regarding whatever you want based on the controller and the games.

Begin.
    I'm fully of jelly right now.

Superior Member
    Savage, can you tell me about knack ? Did you enjoy the gameplay ? How were the visuals ? I've been excited for it ever since I saw the first little preview.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rengarious
    Items User name style
    Responding to: Firesol and skyballin

The Dualshock 4 feels way better than Dualshock 3. Overall feel of the controller feels tighter and more precise. The ergonamics really make holding the controller more easier on the hands and comfortable.

The touchpad is awesome, it can be used for great augmented reality tech and can also be pressed down as a button of its own let alone having touch functionality. The new analog stick also feel better. It's probably one of the most amazing controller I have ever used so far on any console.

There was an awesome tech demo titles as Playroom Working Title (Might be a game/dualshock 4 augmented reality thing in 2014) I will give you a video instead of explaining it, because its something that must be seen. The technology in this controller is beyond amazing.

Everything you see in this trailer is literrly like that including the particle effects that come out of the sensor/light bar on the controller. I have also tried out the tech demo myself at E3 it was fabulous.

Have fun

In-Depth Controller Demo - it's insane to be able to experience this level of augmented reality and AI interaction.

As for Knack it was great and I am extremely happy to have PlayStation 4 launching with a exclusive platformer game. Sony needs a new platformer and I think Knack is a great answer.

Yes I have enjoyed the gameplay. The game seemed too simple at first and easy, but if you switch over to he hard difficulty it actually becomes a very challenging platformer that requires precise timing and execution of dodging enemy attacks and attacking at the right time.

The gameplay flow feels good, the Knack demo had 4 different sections that lasted about 3-4 minutes each. The first level you played as small-mid sized Knack where you ran around streets in an outside area killing goblins and collected secret treasure chests and relics to grow bigger.

When you collect relics, you get bigger, when you get bigger your lifebar increases and so does your damage/strength. You also have a circles that appear under your healthbar. Once a circle is filled up to full you may use a special attack ability to destroy harder enemies and continue progressing. It's not mandantory to have those circles always filled but they have a lot if you're playing on hard difficulty of the game.

Second section I played as small Knack that was able to go through lasers in a facility, turn on switches to open doors and crawl through vents to find secrets. As small Knack you're very vulnuerable so it's best in your interest to press the Triangle button to switch over to the bigger Knack that can engage in combat and fight off enemies. Once the room is clear, feel free to explore for secret rooms and such for more items/collectibles.

Third section was a Ice cave that demonstrated how Knack can break Ice crystals and absorb different sort of elements. This was the hardest section of the game due to the combination of goblin variants and sliding ice that made the combat and platforming more challenging especially on harder difficulty.

The last section took place in an outside zone again where I fought airships, tanks and giant robots. This section let you played Knack at his maximum size which is quite enormous.

Overall, I think Knack is a fun platformer from what I have played. However, I haven't experienced enough of the game to give the title my final judgement. But I have a feeling it will be a solid launch title and I am looking forward to getting it day one and playing it.

The game also looks awesome and runs great with the exception of a few frame drops that occur when there is a lot of crap going on the screen at once. While I was playing the game I was interviewing Sony Computer Entertainment Europe European producer for Knack. Very cool dude, and walked me throughout the demo and explained to me a lot about the game.

I've asked him multiple questions regarding a multiplayer component of the game and what else the game has to offer. However, he has said that he won't be able to say anything more about the game at this point because then there would be nothing to talk about. Long story short, he dodged majority of the big questions.

13. Likes FireSol likes this post
    Superior Member
    Savage I can't thank you enough. Very much appreciated. +Rep

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage360 View Post
    The controls need to be tweaked a bit, the game also has some glitches and frame-rate dips that are being optimized for the release. The guy who I interviewed was one of the main developers on the game and said that they're trying to lock Killzone: Shadow Fall at 30 FPS.
    Jeez, On a machine as capable as the PS4 you would think locked 30fps would be a piece of cake, if they cant manage to lock it and we have slow down in the final release that would be a worry for future titles especially with the competition putting out 60fps games left right and center.
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 06-15-2013 at 10:07.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    How did it make you feel when actually having a next gen in your sights and in your hands...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Jeez, On a machine as capable as the PS4 you would think locked 30fps would be a piece of cake, if they cant manage to lock it and we have slow down in the final release that would be a worry for future titles especially with the competition putting out 60fps games left right and center.
    It is in no way worrying, he doesn't even hint that they are having trouble with locking in 30 FPS. It is also a fact that the PS4 is the more powerful of the two consoles.

You realize that show floor demos of unreleased games are of old builds and frame rate drops, glitches, etc. are very common for these demos? The demos are often times made well in advance for testing, certification and other purposes.

The competition also had glitches, crashes, frame rate drops, etc. in their show floor demos.

Master Sage
    Did you get a go of the OS?
    Surprised their have been no leaked videos as yet.
    Would like to see an indepth version of what it all has available.
    Also did you get to boot any games up? If so how long did it take?
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 06-15-2013 at 11:25.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Funny post

10/10

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Funny post

10/10
    It's not funny if they cannot lock it to 30fps...they better not try they better do!

PSN ID
    aStRoRdInArY
    It's not funny if they cannot lock it to 30fps...they better not try they better do!
    i wouldnt worry too much. They are not going to release this game with a subpar framerate.

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    What's up guys, this is PSU's Managing Editor Kyle Prahl. I attended E3 as well (have you seen our ViDiaries?)alongside a team of PSU editors and staff writers. I played dozens of games, and several are covered in my ViDiaries on the home page, but there are several left to write about. I have no intention of hijacking this thread, so I'll just say, congrats to the OP for attending E3 and getting to play these awesome games. Shadow Fall might've been my Best Shooter of Show if not for Destiny. Anyway, I'll make some Q&A threads of my own later this weekend for The Witness, Thief, South Park, and others.

23. Likes PS4THEWIN, Nitey , victorijapoosp likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Nope not yet sir, but i will get onto it right away and check them bad boys out TEN HUT
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I agree, and people said the Wii U was current gen.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    And what visual compromises will "the competition" have to make to achieve 60fps? Especially on weaker hardware. We know now that the competitions games at E3 were running on PCs with an Nvidia GPU thats tons more powerful than what their retail console AMD GPU is going to be. I'll take higher visual fidelity at 30fps over scaled back visuals at 60fps.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rengarious
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Did you get a go of the OS?
    Surprised their have been no leaked videos as yet.
    Would like to see an indepth version of what it all has available.
    Also did you get to boot any games up? If so how long did it take?
    Nope, couldn't find a PS4 that allowed you to get out to the OS everything was already in-game and pressing the PS button didn't do anything due to the fact that it was programmed like that for the demo purposes.

Those who worry about crappy framerate, majority of the demos that I have tested are either 6 months old pre-alpha builds OR demos that have been put up super quick just for E3 purposes. How do I know this? I ask the developers as I play the demos/games how old the build is. Out of all the games Knack seems to be the most polished and clean, second would be DriveClub and third is Killzone: Shadowfall in my eyes. - So DO NOT worry about final releases they will be okay.

28. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Do you know what "Pre-Alpha" Means?
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Thread Information