Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Banned Xbox One Users Lose All Of Their Games [Updated]

Recently confirmed by @XboxSupport on twitter, if your account has been banned you will lose the license to any games attributed to that account.

@dohertymark
    If your account is banned, you also forfeit the licenses to any games that have licenses tied to it as listed in the ToU. ^AC

— Xbox Support (@XboxSupport1) June 14, 2013
    This news comes as yet another blow to the perceived attack on gamers. Not everyone is banned fairly, so this could become a huge problem down the road.

When asked about a hacked account, this was their response.

@KillerRamen
    Ensure your account security features are enabled, and security proofs details are correct. ^ML
    — Xbox Support (@XboxSupport1)

June 15, 2013
    We have reached out to make sure that this only applies to digital games and not your disc copies. If so then it is crisis averted.

[update]
    Their response is to be expected, with no real confirmation one way or the other.
    @snickelsox We don’t have any specifics on that at this time. More info will be available in the coming months. ^AD

— Xbox Support (@XboxSupport1) June 15, 2013
    What does this mean for Disc Games. One could argue that they should have a clear “no” on this if they intended to let banned players keep their disc licenses. But, they could have just not made up their minds yet. So we will wait and see and hope for the best but, given their recent track record, prepare for the worst.

I also asked if Netflix and TV functionality would be available to banned players. They responded in another ambiguous way. ( I neglected to clarify if this applied to Xbox One or Xbox 360.)

@snickelsox
    Those features would not be available on the Xbox 360, as for the Xbox One we don’t have those details at this time. ^AD

I have also reached out to Xbox officially, rather than their twitter support, for comment. We will update if/when we hear back from them.

[update 2]
    There has been reference to the the Terms of Service that Xbox users have to agree to in order to use the service. While the current terms are specifically for Xbox Live on Xbox 360 andnot Xbox One one can infer a few of the possible guidelines that the Xbox One will use when it comes to your rights.

Section 1.7 is the directed response which states:
    We may change the Services at any time, for any reason or no reason, and we may also cancel or suspend your ability to access the Services if you’re in breach of this Agreement. If we cancel your Services account or your credentials, your right to use the Services stops immediately, but you’re still required to pay all charges already incurred through that account.
    But reading a bit further down into article 1.12 we could see the way things could change. Games are considered more of a service now and unless you work within the confines of the Xbox One market place, your game could be considered unauthorized software.

You can’t use unauthorized software or hardware to access the Services, nor can you modify an Authorized Device in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads). You agree that we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Services for the purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification and/or disabling the modified device.

You must not attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Services, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Services, or any hardware associated with the Services or with an Authorized Device. If you do, we may cancel your account and your ability to access the Services, and pursue other legal remedies. We may take any legal action we deem appropriate against users who violate our systems or network security, this Agreement or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in it. Such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.
    At the moment the Terms of Service can only help speculate how the Xbox One will handle banned account who own games, bought either new or used. Nobody, outside of a few higher-ups at Microsoft, truly knows how this will all works yet. Let us hope thatthey can pull together a message quickly to address this potential problem.

[update 3]

Well that was quick. According to @XboxSupport1 the original tweet was “intended” for the Xbox 360, not Xbox One. While this would not be the first time Xbox Support said something in error, it would also not be the first time they revealed something before it was ready. I personally hope this was a simple mistake, but that leaves a burning question in my mind. What about all the other tweets?

@Jeffrey_Jue
    There was some confusion here. That tweet was intended to refer to downloadable games on the Xbox 360 actually. ^AD
    http://levelsave.com/banned-xbox-one...f-their-games/

Are they having a freaking laugh
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    So instead of being bricked by RROD, your console gets bricked by just not connecting to Xbox Live. My, such an evolution.

Supreme Veteran
    The only thing that will save Microsoft is a wake up call or hackers.

Hackers will need to fix what Microsoft got wrong with the system.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Forum Elder
    here's an idea...
    don't do something against the terms of use that would get you banned in the first place.

5. Likes EHY893 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    here's an idea...
    don't do something against the terms of use that would get you banned in the first place.
    lmao... But that is the thing, anything in the terms and conditions can get you banned and even if you follow them down to a T
    Last edited by claud3; 06-22-2013 at 16:53.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

7. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Forum Guru
    Seems like everyday you will almost hear something bad about Xbone.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    lmao... But that is the thing, anything in the terms and conditions can get you banned and even if you fully them down to a T
    Or if your account got hack, your console won't be able to play any games at all.

http://www.slashgear.com/microsoft-c...-app-20274817/

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Does make me hold out hope that MS will do some sort of alternative for disc based games. I still think an offline verification for disc based games is easily doable and would completely fix all of their issues.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Don't do something to get banned then.

Sadly it means all the scum that currently inhabit XBL will flock to PS now. Great

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

Sadly it means all the scum that currently inhabit XBL will flock to PS now. Great
    I was thinking about that, well those hackers. I wonder with these systems being so close to PC architecture, how hackable these systems are going to be. It may well be why MS is being such $#@!s with this licensing.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

If enough people make a complaint on one user they'll ban him if the complaints are the same! Heck MS ban people for buying legitimate games early from Mom n Pop stores and trying to play them on the 360 lol

It's not about doing something wrong, sometimes innocent people get the $#@! end of the stick.

Also PSN will come with a pay system so, people will have to think twice before doing stupid $#@!.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    here's an idea...
    And the truth shall set you free. Hook up your Xbox, and play games. Pretty simple really, lol.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This is a great thing! We know Microsoft wouldn't ban several millions of players by accident, then take months to get it sorted out.

16. Likes unicron7, darky89 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Same thing can happen on Steam of which I have been using for 9 years and never been banned. Its not hard to not get yourself banned you know.

Soldier 95B
    This is great news for sure!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    And the truth shall set you free. Hook up your Xbox, and play games. Pretty simple really, lol.
    the truth will out

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Its not hard to not get yourself banned you know.
    surprising how many don't understand such a simple concept until they get banned.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 06-15-2013 at 16:03.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i understand the concept of not getting banned, because i treat gaming like i did back in the 90's and that was gaming was gaming and the other stuff was not there

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    i understand the concept of not getting banned, because i treat gaming like i did back in the 90's and that was gaming was gaming and the other stuff was not there
    Correct. 90's gaming was much simpler. Plug (snes cartridges) n play. Mega cd etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Correct. 90's gaming was much simpler. Plug (snes cartridges) n play. Mega cd etc.

i agree friend, the simplest meant the greatest gaming experience in my oplnlon

Soldier 95B
    I miss my Atari 5200 gaming days...it just had a feel to it that hasn't been replicated.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    This is the same reason people $#@! all over EAs origin service, and avoid it.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post

there was also a hightech cleaning system where needed to blow the cartridges to let them work again now you just get f*cked by (microsoft) if you want to play a offline game on a new console

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    The only thing that will save Microsoft is a wake up call or hackers.

Hackers will need to fix what Microsoft got wrong with the system.
    Hackers had a field day with PS3 because they removed Linux support. Imagine what they will do because MS brought public enemy number one to them. If a similar situation as the psn fiasco happens with live can you imagine the backlash. How many times does it take people to realize that DRM can only be impacted negatively. We've seen so many instances where DRM has created a $#@! storm for companies that use them. Just ask EA.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    Seems like everyday you will almost hear something bad about Xbone.
    Yeah, feeling that too.

I never imagined my choice for next gen was going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooo easy.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Thread Information