Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Aonuma wants everything to be unique in Zelda for Wii U

The next Zelda for Wii U—the one that will allegedly introduce some much-needed change to the series—will feature an art style that hasn’t been seen before, says Zelda producer Eiji Aonouma.

“The thing about Zelda is we want everything to be unique, whether it’s the graphical presentation or the gameplay,” Aonuma tells Nintendo Life.

“It has to be something you can’t see anywhere else. We wouldn't want it to be ultra-realistic because you can see that elsewhere. But I can’t say that it’s going to be cartoony-realistic like you mentioned, the fantastic presentation that we've already done in the past. It will be something new.”
    Source.

He also mentions Skyrim as inspiration:

“Skyrim! [For some reason mention of Bethesda's fantasy epic tickles him, and he laughs.] Obviously I play other games, and I’m curious what Zelda fans like about the Skyrim experience. Maybe there are some Zelda fans who are looking for something similar out of a Zelda game.

But I don’t look at the technology that made these games possible. I don’t look at what’s happening in the game, but how it made me feel, what in the game moved me, and how I can bring out those same emotions in players who play my games. My intent isn't to copy them, but those are the things that stay with you as a player.

It’s not what you see but how the game makes you feel that makes you feel closer to the experience. It’s more about the feeling and expression of emotions in the game, and I do take that into consideration when working on my own projects.

It’s like the difference between someone who takes a picture and looks at that picture when drawing a painting, and someone who sees something, keeps it in their head and then tries to recreate that.”
    Source.
    Last edited by Black; 06-15-2013 at 19:54.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    It's not going to be cell shaded but it's not going to look realistic like Twilight Princess. What could it be? What are they planning? Hmmm . . .

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I know Zelda games are going to bring their A games, I hope they fall for the DLC ideas.
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Thread Information