Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If it didn't work for the pspGO, I don't see this hybrid working either...but we'll see 5 months and beyond

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Oh you mean one more Xbox? Haha fair enough - I suppose kids have to share these things.

So even if you're not their "family" can you designate them as such?
    Not only that but they could be on the otherside of the country.
    ------------
    (Anyway the sharing thing is not so much an issue for me - but the possibiltiy of trading in games would be as that's how I usually roll - but I guess I'll have to trust MS to make XB1 exclusives cheap as - the DD version I mean - since they want o be like Steam, and that's a big/main part of Steam. And I'll leave 3rd party stuff to the PS4)
    You can trade in any games you want provided the publisher allows it, this is no different to PS4.
    What you cant do is privately sell them. Ive never done this ever, so doesn't worry me in the slightest.
    But the 24 hour thing is a big concern as I don't fully trust the interaction between my connection (modem/router, random outage etc), the infrastructure (some cable company/the local council/etc doing road works and accidentally chopping up the wrong cable), MS' uptime service with millions of gamers, and random misc stuff that can threaten the 24hr verification.

But hey another thread and I don't really need an Matrix 2 etc type of poster to get all apologetic/defensive about it as I'm not having a go. Just stating why I have MY concerns. So leave it out of it.
    Yeah totally understand the internet thing, not an issue where I live, but it will be for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    and that price. I'm not paying 100 more for a weaker console.
    Ill be concerned once I see the final spec machine running side by side.
    Until then that's not one I care about.
    And there's too many loopholes for publishers to not allow used games/lending games. I didn't need a lawyer for MS TOS policies They won't be $#@!ing me over.
    If publishers $#@! you over on the Xbox one, they will be $#@!ing you over on the PS4 as well, guaranteed.
    Last edited by mynd; 06-18-2013 at 02:40.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok, look.

If I install the game, but the disc is present, there is no need for the 24hr check. If I installed it on another game, and the disc is NOT present, then they will need to do the online check. Easy solution.

So, I have it installed on my machine, and the disc is in, and I'm playing. My brother, in Colorado, installed it when I was over there, and now he doesn't have the disc. So... sharing must be enabled now for him to be able to play, and therefore I'll have to allow the 24hr check, as will he.
    You're right in that it's technically possible. My mistake. But keep in mind that being able to play the disc and stay completely offline would mean all of Microsoft's policies wouldn't need to be followed. For example, why is Microsoft only allowing gifting to people that have been on your friends list for 30 days and why can a game only be gifted once? It cuts out the ability for people to sell games directly to each other. They only want used games to be handled by the retailers they work with.

So yes, it can happen, but it won't happen. Microsoft wants control of your game rights.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok, look.

If I install the game, but the disc is present, there is no need for the 24hr check. If I installed it on another game, and the disc is NOT present, then they will need to do the online check. Easy solution.

So, I have it installed on my machine, and the disc is in, and I'm playing. My brother, in Colorado, installed it when I was over there, and now he doesn't have the disc. So... sharing must be enabled now for him to be able to play, and therefore I'll have to allow the 24hr check, as will he.
    Who is doing the disabling/enabling of the sharing functionality? At some point, the console needs to check with the server to see the state of the game. Or am I not following?

EDIT

I think I see what you are saying now. If sharing is enabled, the 24-hour check functionality is ON. If sharing is not enabled, and the game is installed on both systems, only you are able to play since you are the one with the disc.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Who is doing the disabling/enabling of the sharing functionality? At some point, the console needs to check with the server to see the state of the game. Or am I not following?
    He's saying you can enable sharing if you want, but if you have the disc in your console, you should be able to play past the 24-hour limit and play offline indefinitely.

Again, it's possible, but that would undermine Microsoft's policies. It would be a major change to allow that.
    Last edited by Ixion; 06-18-2013 at 12:36.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Still in denial about the power, I see. You might not care but plenty of others will while paying 100 more for it.

If publishers $#@! you over on the Xbox one, they will be $#@!ing you over on the PS4 as well, guaranteed.
    They don't have a say on the ps4 as to rather the game can be resold or not. On the xbone, they have a say as to what game can be resold or shared with a friend.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 06-18-2013 at 03:09.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Still in denial about the power, I see. You might not care but plenty of others will while paying 100 more for it.

since we haven't seen the actual consoles running stuff side by side and both seem to be using some custom hardware, this does remain to be seen. Faster memory doesn't automatically equate to better games.

Also, if Kinect wasn't bundled both consoles would likely be the same price. The extra 100 is only in the eyes of consumers.
    LMAO

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I don't believe in theoretical performances as a benchmark.
    They don't have a say on the ps4 as to rather the game can be resold or not. On the xbone, they have a say as to what game can be resold or shared with a friend.
    They can mandate it it cant be re-sold or shared with a friend on the PS4..who are you kidding?
    All they have to do is include a one time code, and bam your screwed.
    And yes that means most game publishers may mandate to be ONLINE.

Hell a game like The Division REQUIRES you to be online.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I don't believe in theoretical performances as a benchmark.

They can mandate it it cant be re-sold or shared with a friend on the PS4..who are you kidding?
    All they have to do is include a one time code, and bam your screwed.
    And yes that means most game publishers may mandate to be ONLINE.

Hell a game like The Division REQUIRES you to be online.
    yeah, they could do that, but it would require a helluva lot of effort on their part. X1 makes it easy. The infrastructure for disabling trading/reselling/etc is built into the very fabric of X1.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    yeah, they could do that, but it would require a helluva lot of effort on their part. X1 makes it easy. The infrastructure for disabling trading/reselling/etc is built into the very fabric of X1.
    Not really, they already do it with online pass's, Uplay etc.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    since we haven't seen the actual consoles running stuff side by side and both seem to be using some custom hardware, this does remain to be seen. Faster memory doesn't automatically equate to better games.

Also, if Kinect wasn't bundled both consoles would likely be the same price. The extra 100 is only in the eyes of consumers.
    I'm not talking ram. I'm talking gpu's

As for the price, it doesn't matter why. It's 100 more and it's out of the comfort zone. It'll sell out at launch(just as the 600 ps3 did) but I question how long the xbone legs will go before giving out.
    Not really, they already do it with online pass's, Uplay etc.
    The kind of restriction you are talking about can be done now. They aren't going to do it on the ps4. Especially not after sony e3 conference.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 06-18-2013 at 04:18.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Power Member
    Items User name style

As for the price, it doesn't matter why. It's 100 more and it's out of the comfort zone. It'll sell out at launch(just as the 600 ps3 did) but I question how long the xbone legs will go before giving out.

The kind of restriction you are talking about can be done now. They aren't going to do it. Especially after the sony e3 conference.
    So why would the do it for one but not the other? Thats why I said if they choose to do it on one, they will choose it on both.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    But Kinect is bundled and mandatory so it doesn't matter what the price would be without Kinect. What does matter is that the X1 is 100 dollars more. So its pointless to discuss how much it would cost without Kinect because the console needs Kinect to function so its basically part of the console. So its more than just "in the eyes of the consumers" its a fact.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-18-2013 at 04:37.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGenGamer2000 View Post
    Its same archetecture. Faster ram. 50 percent more of same GPU cores. Companion chips. and etc. Again, fact that its same architecture makes it extremely comparable. The power difference is definitely and undeniably there. The real question is- will third party dev even bother with it? It should be easy to take advantage of it.
    Well Jack Tretton said that 3rd party publishers have been telling him (Sony) that their games will be looking better on PS4 right out of the gate. An article that quotes an anonymous developer said the same. So we'll see. Tretton even briefly mentions it in this video interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mm3P4Ft-y4
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-18-2013 at 04:58.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    "Gpu's are the same architecture" are they just? PMSL.

Forum Sage
    Meh, my only objection has already gone away.

But I wont be getting one till I finish the plethora of games I have yet to even start on my 360.
    I don't think you were ever not getting an Xbox One. I'm just messing.....with a bit of truth. I do think you were always going to get one.

The kind of restriction you are talking about can be done now. They aren't going to do it on the ps4. Especially not after sony e3 conference.
    Things are a bit different now. You can't apply what happened in 2006 to now. You'll be surprised what people are willing to pay if they see value -- and $499.99 isn't the new $599.99. We don't know what the new comfort zone is.
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-18-2013 at 05:01.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I don't think you were ever not getting an Xbox One. I'm just messing.....with a bit of truth. I do think you were always going to get one.
    This.^ There was never any doubt about that. lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    "Gpu's are the same architecture" are they just? PMSL.
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1506...ce=google_news

Forum Sage
    So why would the do it for one but not the other? Thats why I said if they choose to do it on one, they will choose it on both.
    On the Xbox, the publishers don't have to do anything. In order to impose the same restrictions on the PS4, the publishers will need to setup their own system which will cost money and is a bit of a risk -- people can simply not buy games from publishers that do it over those who don't. Not quite the same.
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-18-2013 at 05:07.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    SSDD, Ill wait till I see some performance specs.
    Even on the specs we think we know the PS4 doesn't even appear to have a full 64bit GPU pipeline vs the Xbox One.

Forum Sage
    So, mynd, you think the Xbox One is more powerful?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    So, mynd, you think the Xbox One is more powerful?
    Nope. I don't know what to think, but I know its not a straight 12 vs 18 score line at all. I'm going to wait and see how things pan out.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Once the ps4/x1 releases, will they start requiring the same standards for ps3 and 360 games?

This same mentally of because one does it, the other has to follow suite has already been dispelled by Sony...now you want to argue that because publishers will have a restrictions on Microsoft's box that they'll also do the same with Sony

Lol we shall see

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Not only that but they could be on the otherside of the country.

You can trade in any games you want provided the publisher allows it, this is no different to PS4.
    What you cant do is privately sell them. Ive never done this ever, so doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Yeah totally understand the internet thing, not an issue where I live, but it will be for some.

I've done this before on TradeME but for the past 5+ years I've just mainly been trading in to EB. As long as they're one of the partners, and not too many games are restricted, then this is acceptable (as I'll probably just be playing XB1 exclusives anyway).

Of course this will be down the line and not around launch - so who knows how MS reacts after a few years. Or at teh elast, to the point where they (and our ISPs) have solidified the internet thing. *shrug*

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice

This statement about all the stuff MS is trying to do to make their system look better than what it is reminded me of something. I was thinking today how most of this bad publicity may have the potential to be washed aside once the celebs start to get their FREE xbone's and promote them, especially once it get closer to the holiday season. People taking pics of celebs playing them. Or tweeting about how awesome the xbone is and then some people might start to think to themselves 'maybe it's not as bad as I thought' because for whatever reason celebs have some pull with fans. But I would expect sony to have it's own celeb promotions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Watching this made me feel so glad when MS decides to pull out of the console business. Gaming needs healthy competition that pushes gaming forward. The XBox One has proven, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that their agenda was to user gaming and use gamers as a trojan horse for other business goals. Now they are literally lying, cheating, spinning, using smoke and mirrors and abusing their fans to make their moves towards what they feel is the end-game.

There's a part of me that is celebrating being right about the XBox for all these years and vindicating my long-held distrust of them. At the same time, I do have to be honest and say that I really feel bad for the people that just got on board the train to get summarily mugged at gunpoint by MS now. Some people, to this day, would rather defend the abuse than entertain the thought that MS honestly has THAT little respect for them.. And who can blame them? When has the news ever really been THIS bad for a game console?

I saw it coming, and even *I* can't believe how incredibly bad it has become with the XBone. So, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt unless they just ram ridiculous propoganda in my ear. To me, it's bad enough that MS entered the console gaming business under the auspice of improving gaming and taking the industry to new levels but it is even more despicable when someone takes to calling themselves a gamer for the sole purpose of spewing nonsense and misinformation. Major Nelson just crossed that line. He does not deserve to be trusted. I couldn't make it a minute or two in when his answer to a genuine question was "Let's launch the console first." How about you answer peoples questions?

It's the same political rhetoric you can hear on Fox News and CNN every time no one wants to give you a straight answer. MS is a part of the problem, not the solution and people like Major Nelson are the reason the world sucks. I'm done listening to them. They sure as hell won't listen to me or even their own fans. The one way dialogue is fail and that is honestly all we are getting from them. They don't want to be held accountable for their bull$#@! decisions. That is pretty much the story since they revealed this thing.

Thread Information