Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    This statement about all the stuff MS is trying to do to make their system look better than what it is reminded me of something. I was thinking today how most of this bad publicity may have the potential to be washed aside once the celebs start to get their FREE xbone's and promote them, especially once it get closer to the holiday season. People taking pics of celebs playing them. Or tweeting about how awesome the xbone is and then some people might start to think to themselves 'maybe it's not as bad as I thought' because for whatever reason celebs have some pull with fans. But I would expect sony to have it's own celeb promotions as well.
    I don't think Justin Bieber playing XBone will help them.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Watching this made me feel so glad when MS decides to pull out of the console business. Gaming needs healthy competition that pushes gaming forward. The XBox One has proven, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that their agenda was to user gaming and use gamers as a trojan horse for other business goals. Now they are literally lying, cheating, spinning, using smoke and mirrors and abusing their fans to make their moves towards what they feel is the end-game. There's a part of me that is celebrating being right about the XBox for all these years and vindicating my long-held distrust of them. At the same time, I do have to be honest and say that I really feel bad for the people that just got on board the train to get summarily mugged at gunpoint by MS now. Some people, to this day, would rather defend the abuse than entertain the thought that MS honestly has THAT little respect for them.. And who can blame them? When has the news ever really been THIS bad for a game console? I saw it coming, and even *I* can't believe how incredibly bad it has become with the XBone. So, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt unless they just ram ridiculous propoganda in my ear. To me, it's bad enough that MS entered the console gaming business under the auspice of improving gaming and taking the industry to new levels but it is even more despicable when someone takes to calling themselves a gamer for the sole purpose of spewing nonsense and misinformation. Major Nelson just crossed that line. He does not deserve to be trusted. I couldn't make it a minute or two in when his answer to a genuine question was "Let's launch the console first." How about you answer peoples questions? It's the same political rhetoric you can hear on Fox News and CNN every time no one wants to give you a straight answer. MS is a part of the problem, not the solution and people like Major Nelson are the reason the world sucks. I'm done listening to them. They sure as hell won't listen to me or even their own fans. The one way dialogue is fail and that is honestly all we are getting from them. They don't want to be held accountable for their bull$#@! decisions. That is pretty much the story since they revealed this thing.
    You nailed it with this post. Thats a very accurate summary right there.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Clearly not a #belieber

I am the oncoming storm.

4. Likes MjW likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Usher wont help either. lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Once the ps4/x1 releases, will they start requiring the same standards for ps3 and 360 games?

This same mentally of because one does it, the other has to follow suite has already been dispelled by Sony...now you want to argue that because publishers will have a restrictions on Microsoft's box that they'll also do the same with Sony

Lol we shall see

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    So your saying if Ubisoft go and make you not allow say, The Division as resellable game on the Xbox One, but they will make allow you to do it on the PS4.

Dream on. It will be all or nothing.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    So your saying if Ubisoft go and make you not allow say, The Division as resellable game on the Xbox One, but they will make allow you to do it on the PS4.

Dream on. It will be all or nothing.
    We'll see

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Not really, they already do it with online pass's, Uplay etc.
    Some, but not most. And how are they going to check? PS4 doesn't require any kind of "check in". Are these few publishers that do have a infrastructure in place going to require internet connection just to play single player? Doubtful. These passes have only ever been used on the multiplayer portion of games since, obviously, internet connection is required for that.

And then there are aspects that are not even in the publishers control. MS said games could be given away only once, they didn't say publishers had control over that. Any trading/reselling has to go through "participating" retailers. Publishers are given control as to IF a game can be resold/traded, but they do not control who you can sell/trade it with.

So no, it is too simple to suggest that whatever publishers do with X1 games as far as DRM, they can do with PS4 as well. PS4 is not setup to put all these restrictions on gamers like X1 is.
    Last edited by Christopher; 06-18-2013 at 11:03.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

9. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Hole Finder - Mind the Ga
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Watching this made me feel so glad when MS decides to pull out of the console business. Gaming needs healthy competition that pushes gaming forward. The XBox One has proven, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that their agenda was to user gaming and use gamers as a trojan horse for other business goals. Now they are literally lying, cheating, spinning, using smoke and mirrors and abusing their fans to make their moves towards what they feel is the end-game.
    What like Sony did with Blu-ray? I.e. pushing that technology into their console and whacking up the price when it was clearly down to their trying to secure blu-ray as the HD format of the future at that time in the film industry.

You're sometimes too blind to see that all these organisations are exactly the same.

There's a part of me that is celebrating being right about the XBox for all these years and vindicating my long-held distrust of them.
    Again, I think you're demonstrating that it's taken 10 years for something you thought would become apparent day one when they got into the business. The analogy is like saying a team should never employ a manager because he'll be crap and then 10 years later, after being successful for years, they get rid of him after a poor season and you claim to be right all along.

At the same time, I do have to be honest and say that I really feel bad for the people that just got on board the train to get summarily mugged at gunpoint by MS now. Some people, to this day, would rather defend the abuse than entertain the thought that MS honestly has THAT little respect for them.. And who can blame them? When has the news ever really been THIS bad for a game console?
    I can honestly say that I don't feel 'mugged' I've had more than my money's worth out of MS in the console market for the past 10 years. However, I will completely agree with you that Microsoft have dropped the ball in a big way. Its downhill slope started (at least for me) when they brought out the Kinect. They've taken their eye of the hardcore gaming market in my view and so, like a lot of other hardcore Xbox gamers, I've moved to the PS4 for my next gaming experience.

I saw it coming, and even *I* can't believe how incredibly bad it has become with the XBone. So, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt unless they just ram ridiculous propoganda in my ear.
    I'm sure the irony is not missed on you here.

To me, it's bad enough that MS entered the console gaming business under the auspice of improving gaming and taking the industry to new levels
    Right, so let's remember that the PS3 would not have Trophies, controller rumble (remember when they TOLD us nobody needed it anymore - nothing to do with their legal issues at the time of course), and an online service that they will start charging for because frankly Xbox Live leaves PSN in its wake. What about the cross-party chat? What about a ton of other areas that MS pioneered and which Sony are implementing going forward? I know you've always struggled with the whole MS in the console industry thing and that's pretty obvious - especially given the amount of time you spend in this part of the forum -but to say that they have brought nothing to the party simply shows either a lack of understanding of the console gaming industry, or blinkered vision. These companies take ideas from each other. MS is not better, and certainly no worse, than Nintendo or Sony in this respect. This is how innovation in technology moves from strength to strength (we wouldn't have Android today is Apple had not released such a kick ass smartphone that started making billions in revenue).

It's the same political rhetoric you can hear on Fox News and CNN every time no one wants to give you a straight answer. MS is a part of the problem, not the solution and people like Major Nelson are the reason the world sucks. I'm done listening to them. They sure as hell won't listen to me or even their own fans. The one way dialogue is fail and that is honestly all we are getting from them. They don't want to be held accountable for their bull$#@! decisions. That is pretty much the story since they revealed this thing.
    You know that Sony refused to answer Reddit questions when they saw them right (despite agreeing to an interview prior to that). Once again you demonstrate a perverse ability to skip over anything Sony do and only focus on the MS aspect.
    Last edited by TidalPhoenix; 06-18-2013 at 12:53.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

11. Likes MATRIX 2, Sub-stance1, Cuguy , 33x likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    What like Sony did with Blu-ray? I.e. pushing that technology into their console at a time, whacking up the price, when it was clearly down to their trying to secure blu-ray as the HD format of the future at that time in the film industry.

You're sometimes too blind to see that all these organisations are exactly the same.

Again, I think you're demonstrating that it's taken 10 years for something you thought would become apparent day one when they got into the business. The analogy is like saying a team should never employ a manager because he'll be crap and then 10 years later, after being successful for years, they get rid of him after a poor season and you claim to be right all along.

I can honestly say that I don't feel 'mugged' I've had more than my money's worth out of MS in the console market for the past 10 years. However, I will completely agree with you that Microsoft have dropped the ball in a big way. Its downhill slope started (at least for me) when they brought out the Kinect. They've taken their eye of the hardcore gaming market in my view and so, like a lot of other hardcore Xbox gamers, I've moved to the PS4 for my next gaming experience.

Right, so let's remember that the PS3 would not have Trophies, controller rumble (remember when they TOLD us nobody needed it anymore - nothing to do with their legal issues at the time of course), and an online service that they will start charging for because frankly Xbox Live leaves PSN in its wake. What about the cross-party chat? What about a ton of other areas that MS pioneered and which Sony are implementing going forward? I know you've always struggled with the whole MS in the console industry thing and that's pretty obvious - especially given the amount of time you spend in this part of the forum -but to say that they have brought nothing to the party simply shows either a lack of understanding of the console gaming industry, or blinkered vision. These companies take ideas from each other. MS is not better, and certainly no worse, than Nintendo or Sony in this respect. This is how innovation in technology moves from strength to strength (we wouldn't have Android today is Apple had not released such a kick ass smartphone that started making billions in revenue).

You know that Sony refused to answer Reddit questions when they saw them right (despite agreeing to an interview prior to that). Once again you demonstrate a perverse ability to skip over anything Sony do and only focus on the MS aspect.
    Yeah, I agree MS has been very good for the industry. For the reasons you mentioned and, imo, they humbled Sony and made them realize that they have to do more than just show up to be competitive. In my mind, MS' success has helped make Playstation, both this gen and the next, a better console for gamers. I hope they keep pushing each other for generations to come.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

13. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    I don't mind Microsoft in the race, they need to sort a few things but they're not impossible to fix, but it remains to be seen if they will.

Consumers speak with your money, let Microsoft sweat it a little, they'll bend to our whim or they'll lose money.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

15. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Yeah, I agree MS has been very good for the industry. For the reasons you mentioned and, imo, they humbled Sony and made them realize that they have to do more than just show up to be competitive. In my mind, MS' success has helped make Playstation, both this gen and the next, a better console for gamers. I hope they keep pushing each other for generations to come.
    +2

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Thread Information