Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

Major Nelson addresses the Xbox One issues

Major Nelson addresses the Xbox One issues

Confirms that you can run your 360 through the HDMI on the X1
    Confirms that you still have access to your games when you get banned, but not multiplayer.

note:

Sony after reviewing the redditors questions declined to do the interview because they didn't like the "hardware" questions...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen..._xbone/caji3cz
    Last edited by X2; 06-15-2013 at 21:32.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

2. Likes Foraeli wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Really like Major Nelson. He explains the TV feature very well. Not sure why Sony didn't do the interview. The questions were kinda softballs.

Pretty much squashed the idea of the disc in the console negating the need for the 24 hour check-in. Sorry, F34R.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    To expand on family....

Remember the bit from Microsoft's game licensing policy doc about being able to share your Xbox One library with up to 10 family members? They won't actually have to be family members, the manufacturer's Phil Spencer has confirmed.

"I think the policy makes sense," Spencer told Penny Arcade at E3 this week.

"It's not ten different people all playing the game concurrently, but when you think about a real usage scenario, and we thought about it around a family, and I know certain people will create a family group of people that aren't all part of the same family.

"And I do think that's an advantage, and people will use that. I saw it on NeoGAF instantly, the Xbox Family creation threads, where people said 'Hey be a part of my family'."

In other words, Microsoft is happy for you to break the system in order to share games with people you aren't, strictly speaking, allowed to. Ars Technica reports that only one person can access the game files at any given time.

"No birth certificates will need to be sent in!" Spencer added. "I do think that's an advantage of the ecosystem that we have."
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/56411/your-xbox...amily-members/
    I think they just sold me this system.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    A real benefit of digital. Game sharing and no disc needed. I like this.

Elite Guru
    Hmmm he addressed the square root of **** all

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    The family thing is great. I can't wait to get an Xbox One.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    The family thing is great. I can't wait to get an Xbox One.
    Are you getting both emm?

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Yeah I'm getting both, again. Same as this gen.

Looking forward to both equally.
    Last edited by emmerich; 06-15-2013 at 22:52.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Yeah I'm getting both, again. Same as this gen.

Looking forward to both equally.

Me too Got em both on pre-order at Amazon. Each is going to bring it in their own ways.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    i love the very first question reply... basically hes saying... "were not going to say anything untill the system is out and purchased."

and he didnt ****ing answer the offline question... @1:20ish
    If i bought a collectors edition physical copy why cant i play it offline even after 24 hours just insert disc to check.
    ****er started going off on family sharing... so FLEXIBLE!!! FLEXIBILITY!! ONLINE ONLY IS FLEXIBLE!! the reason they arent letting you be able to play offline is because the flexibility of being able to access your games from anywhere online because you obviously need online to access your games from anywhere (THAT WASNT THE ****ING QUESTION!)

lol... what a joke. He didnt answer any question definitively... basically went like this:

"Does the XB1 do such and such?"

"Well Its designed to be flexible! So we made it so it can do stuff that isnt relevant to your question!"

At least i can connect my PS4 to the XB1's hdmi input... so i can watch TV on my xbox one while playing a PS4... because thats what the XB1 is for right? TV?
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

12. Likes PSgamer28 wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    At least i can connect my PS4 to the XB1's hdmi input... so i can watch TV on my xbox one while playing a PS4... because thats what the XB1 is for right? TV?

the sarcasm is there, but there is only one HDMI INPUT on the XB1, so if you connect your PS4 as a pass through, you can't connect your cable/dish box

So you could in theory switch between the two consoles, but no TV

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    the sarcasm is there, but there is only one HDMI INPUT on the XB1, so if you connect your PS4 as a pass through, you can't connect your cable/dish box

So you could in theory switch between the two consoles, but no TV
    lol yeah... i just dont get why MS cant give a straight answer... stop trying to sell us with: "were trying to futureproof our console." or "we offer "flexibility"" (whats flexible about mandatory requirements?")

and in fact, the HDMI pass through is the best thing about this entire console... im actually serious about the PS4 thing... if i end up with an XB1 this would be perfect since ill be trying to keep my PS3/360 hooked up to my TVs with limited hdmi connections

(XB1 isnt a day 1 for me, but if certain things are changed to appease consumers and fans... and MS is more up front about what it can and cant do... id consider it at a lower price definitely... after all its about the games... not the consoles for me.)
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Um family sharing, only one person can access the game at a time? Smh...so you can't theoretically play the same game with a family member on different consoles? Still a nice feature...I guess they learned from Sony's mistake and will not leave it open like Sony did with game sharing (before reducing it to 3 viable accounts...went from 5 to 3 lol)...

Somax I had the same idea...also can kinect learn new words or can you assign word commands to an input? That'll be cool, "xbox switch to ps4 or PlayStation 4" major kudos to ms if that actually works...I'll get an hdmi switch box
    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 06-15-2013 at 23:34.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Really like Major Nelson. He explains the TV feature very well. Not sure why Sony didn't do the interview. The questions were kinda softballs.

Pretty much squashed the idea of the disc in the console negating the need for the 24 hour check-in. Sorry, F34R.
    Soma explained it really well here:

Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    i love the very first question reply... basically hes saying... "were not going to say anything untill the system is out and purchased."

and he didnt ****ing answer the offline question... @1:20ish
    If i bought a collectors edition physical copy why cant i play it offline even after 24 hours just insert disc to check.
    ****er started going off on family sharing... so FLEXIBLE!!! FLEXIBILITY!! ONLINE ONLY IS FLEXIBLE!! the reason they arent letting you be able to play offline is because the flexibility of being able to access your games from anywhere online because you obviously need online to access your games from anywhere (THAT WASNT THE ****ING QUESTION!)

lol... what a joke. He didnt answer any question definitively... basically went like this:

"Does the XB1 do such and such?"

"Well Its designed to be flexible! So we made it so it can do stuff that isnt relevant to your question!"

LSL - He basically dodged the question completely.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Soma explained it really well here:

LSL - He basically dodged the question completely.
    Ok. I guess I took his dodging as saying it wouldn't work. Hope is alive then.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Dumb move on Sony's part to blow off Reddit. That will hurt their internet popularity.

He basically dodged the question completely.
    He didn't dodge the question.

The question wasn't "Can you confirm that I can't play my disc past 24 hours offline?"

It was "Why can't I play my disc past 24 hours offline?"

And his answer is that they want you to be connected. I'm not saying that's the statement you're looking for, but he technically didn't dodge it.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Dumb move on Sony's part to blow off Reddit. That will hurt their internet popularity.

He didn't dodge the question.

The question wasn't "Can you confirm that I can't play my disc past 24 hours offline?"

It was "Why can't I play my disc past 24 hours offline?"

And his answer is that they want you to be connected. I'm not saying that's the statement you're looking for, but he technically didn't dodge it.
    The only response he gave was, "The way we designed the Xbox One architecture is for flexibility."

He didn't confirm that users can't play offline for more than 24hrs with a disc present, nor did he explain WHY that isn't available.

It would have been a ton better and a lot more clear if it was a question "Can you confirm that I can't play my disc past 24 hrs offline, if the disc is in the Xbox One?"

Forum Sage
    Actually, nevermind. After watching it again, he did pretty much dodge the question. They may be re-considering...that's what it sounds like to me. Why else wouldn't they just come out and say it?

Specially if you can play offline by keeping the disc in? That would take away a lot of the criticism they are getting.

I think they want to control how to announce that. They've gotten so much criticism so far because of it; if they come out now and say they've listened and updated the requirement accordingly.....they can still come out of it and look good in the eyes of their fans.
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-16-2013 at 00:41. Reason: watched the video again, so updated my response accordingly.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Doubtful, not with the questions that were being asked. Most of the questions we already know the answers to and the majority of the rest are either questions about stuff that would be saved for an announcement/reveal, stuff that can't be answered yet or stuff that is constantly changing in the current stage of development.

Here are the top15 Questions for Sony from reddit ordered by upvotes - link
    Will there be PS4 and Vita bundle?
    Will the PS4 support mouse and keyboard?
    With the PS4 functioning as a powerful Media Hub (besides pure gaming), which video formats does it support, and will we be able to plug in any Data device or will it only accept a FAT32 format?
    I'd love to hear more about how Sony plan to use Gaikai. Will backwards compatibility to PS1/2/3 be possible through streaming?
    Will you be able to change your PSN name?
    Is the PS4 likely to have support for the Oculus Rift?
    With the new Livestreaming feature, will the stream output only contain the Gameplay or will it be customizable to make it more personal.
    -Will PS4 to Vita remote play functionality work while playing online multiplayer on the PS4?
    -Will the PS4 still require double the memory of a game to install it like it does on the PS3?
    -Will trophies instantly sync on PS4 like achievements do on Xbox 360?
    -What will be the new friends list limit (if any)?
    With the PS4 moving towards a more PC based infrastructure and the possibility for Indie developers to self publish, what are the odds of Sony and Developers allowing User generated content, or Modding, on the platform?
    How will drive club PS+ edition be different from the full retail edition.
    What is the maximum number of people you can have in a cross-game chat?
    Will the ownership of games you own digitally on PS3 transfer to PS4 if they are made backwards compatible later in the circle?
    How is PS+ going to change on Playstation 4 other than adding the ability to play multiplayer?
    As in, will we still get 4-5 games on the instant game collection a month?
    Ask about any details for the new playstation app.
    Do they have any more details about how streaming PS3 games will work? Will we have to pay for any games we already own on PS3 again?
    How many people can you have in a cross-game chat at one time?
    Can we get more details on how the PS4's game recording technology works? We know the Xbox One has built in TwitchTV functionality; is the PS4's implementation similar to that?
    Can you guarantee that PS+ will still retain all current benefits once it becomes necessary have a subscription to play online multiplayer?
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=265

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The only response he gave was, "The way we designed the Xbox One architecture is for flexibility."
    That was only part of his answer. He went on to talk about how they want you connected and have access to your games anywhere.

He didn't confirm that users can't play offline for more than 24hrs with a disc present
    I never said he did. Although he also didn't 'correct' that question.

nor did he explain WHY that isn't available.
    Yes he did. It was a general PR answer, but he answered it.

It would have been a ton better and a lot more clear if it was a question "Can you confirm that I can't play my disc past 24 hrs offline, if the disc is in the Xbox One?"
    I agree, but that wasn't the question.

Supreme Veteran
    I have a question!

How is it that the sharing features are considered a positive thing when I can share my game discs with my friends already?

What I'm asking is, how does Microsoft's implementation of a restriction become a bullet point and is somehow considered something positive?
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    I have a question!

How is it that the sharing features are considered a positive thing when I can share my game discs with my friends already?

What I'm asking is, how does Microsoft's implementation of a restriction become a bullet point and is somehow considered something positive?
    Because once they have installed or downloaded it they can borrow it whenever they want. Thats a huge step from current lending. Hell you don't even have to give them the disc. And they can choose whatever game you allow them to.

Its like the ability to browse all you own and someone else's game library anytime.
    Last edited by mynd; 06-16-2013 at 09:00.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Because once they have installed or downloaded it they can borrow it whenever they want. Thats a huge step from current lending. Hell you don't even have to give them the disc. And they can choose whatever game you allow them to.
    I only see this being a benefit if I can "borrow" a friend a game like BF4 for example and we both play the multi-player online, or something like that, otherwise I see no difference in what works today...

Also what limitations are they placing on those who share this way? There has to be a catch! Always a catch, with Microsoft.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    I only see this being a benefit if I can "borrow" a friend a game like BF4 for example and we both play the multi-player online, or something like that, otherwise I see no difference in what works today...

Also what limitations are they placing on those who share this way? There has to be a catch! Always a catch, with Microsoft.
    Only one person playing a game at one time big difference is you don't have to
    give them the disc and they could be on the other side of the country and borrow a game. I'm not sure about you but I don't lend my games to ten people now.

I have about 30 digital games and 70 odd disc games. Allowing my friends to borrow any one of those instantly is quite awesome.
    Last edited by mynd; 06-16-2013 at 09:08.

Ultimate Veteran
    Watching this made me feel so glad when MS decides to pull out of the console business. Gaming needs healthy competition that pushes gaming forward. The XBox One has proven, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that their agenda was to user gaming and use gamers as a trojan horse for other business goals. Now they are literally lying, cheating, spinning, using smoke and mirrors and abusing their fans to make their moves towards what they feel is the end-game.

There's a part of me that is celebrating being right about the XBox for all these years and vindicating my long-held distrust of them. At the same time, I do have to be honest and say that I really feel bad for the people that just got on board the train to get summarily mugged at gunpoint by MS now. Some people, to this day, would rather defend the abuse than entertain the thought that MS honestly has THAT little respect for them.. And who can blame them? When has the news ever really been THIS bad for a game console?

I saw it coming, and even *I* can't believe how incredibly bad it has become with the XBone. So, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt unless they just ram ridiculous propoganda in my ear. To me, it's bad enough that MS entered the console gaming business under the auspice of improving gaming and taking the industry to new levels but it is even more despicable when someone takes to calling themselves a gamer for the sole purpose of spewing nonsense and misinformation. Major Nelson just crossed that line. He does not deserve to be trusted. I couldn't make it a minute or two in when his answer to a genuine question was "Let's launch the console first." How about you answer peoples questions?

It's the same political rhetoric you can hear on Fox News and CNN every time no one wants to give you a straight answer. MS is a part of the problem, not the solution and people like Major Nelson are the reason the world sucks. I'm done listening to them. They sure as hell won't listen to me or even their own fans. The one way dialogue is fail and that is honestly all we are getting from them. They don't want to be held accountable for their bull**** decisions. That is pretty much the story since they revealed this thing.
    Last edited by Lefein; 06-16-2013 at 09:25.

28. Likes PSgamer28 wishes they had posted this first.
    Dislikes Yungstar 2006 is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post

Thread Information