Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Number of PS4 developers has jumped from 126 to 505! 0_o

PS4′S NUMBER OF DEVELOPERS HAS JUMPED A CRAZY AMOUNT

The number of developers who will be working with the PlayStation 4 has jumped exponentially, which shows just how much interest there is in Sony’s next-gen platform.
    According to a Sony Corporate PDF file “Since February 2013, the number of developers joining has increased from 126 to 505.”, many of these developers being Indie devs who are loving what the PlayStation 4 platform offers in comparison to the Xbox One. This is because Sony will allow indie developers to publish their games to the Playstation 4 independently unlike the Xbox One which requires indie developers to partner with a publisher before it appears on their platform.
    The date of February 2013 is extremely significant due to the fact that it was the month in which the PlayStation 4 was unveiled towards the media and the public for the first time.
    Indie support for the Playstation 4 is evident due to the large amount of indie games currently in the works for the console such as:

• Blacklight: Retribution (Zombie) – PS4
    • Contrast (Compulsion Games) – PS4, PS3
    • Pinball Arcade (Farsight) – PS4
    • Warframe (Digital Extremes) – PS4

The PDf file continues to say that:
    Furthermore, from SCE Worldwide Studios, more than 30 titles, including 12 brand new IP, are under development, including Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, inFAMOUS: Second Son, #DRIVECLUB and The Order: 1886.*1 Out of over the 30 titles under development, 20 titles will be available within a year from the PS4 launch.
    With Sony having a great E3 and garnering a large amount of support overall from gamers, developers and journalists, you can expect this amount to continue to rise as the PS4 gets closer and closer to its launch date which is currently pencilled at “Holiday 2013″
    http://coinpixels.com/next-gen/plays...-crazy-amount/

I don't care what anyone says. Features, new controllers, "teh powah of teh cloud", $399, and all of that is nothing compared to having real developer support. I am very proud to say that it looks like PS4 has so many games coming to it, that it's no hyperbole to say that we may be in for another PS2 generation, here.

Anyone else getting a severe case of the 'warm fuzzies' right now? All of the feels ya'll.. ALL of the feels.
    Last edited by Lefein; 06-15-2013 at 22:33.

Forum Overseer
    That looks so beautiful.

How many developers are on board with PS2/PS3/Xbox/360? We need some reference. What about at launch?

Sony could really get another massive hit like minecraft or journey..... Can't wait for all the new indie titles coming to the platform... especially warframe

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    And so it begins. Playstation domination incoming.

Forum Overseer
    Unless there's any reference, how do we know that's really good? Yes, it's a lot better than 100 or whatever they had...but for all we know, this is probably normal after the announcements.

I'm sure with all the positive light PS4 has been getting, it might be more good than just normal but still, how much good is it?

Master Sage
    3rd console curse is real, Sony just survived through it and are now back to their glory days.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    3rd console curse is real, Sony just survived through it and are now back to their glory days.
    MS tried to avoid it by naming there console ONE. How ridiculous...you can't escape the curse.

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

8. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Apprentice

Sony domination for the win!!

Elite Member
    OMG!!!

Ultimate Veteran
    thats great the number is geting better. a lot more iden devs are going to ps4. MS are screwing inde devs

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Dayuuuuuum!

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    This is amazing but at the same time I don't want to know what kind of $#@! we will see.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    505!? Holy $#@!.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    This is amazing but at the same time I don't want to know what kind of $#@! we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    505!? Holy $#@!.
    Apparently Holy...!!!!

16. Likes Flumbooze , FireSol , PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    I don't think there's a curse at all. I think it's just console makers being too arrogant for their own good and suffering the consequences of their myopic actions. Microsoft could have easily avoided the so called curse by being consumer friendly but... like everything else they touch, they still have the same mentality. That mentality is, "$#@! you, you'll take what we give you". They will reap what they sow and if they're lucky, they'll survive to make a fourth console.

One thing to take into consideration though. Microsoft has the added disadvantage of siding with the wrong group of people at the wrong time. There is general consumer blowback to predatory corporation and government practices and Microsoft picked the wrong crowd to be associated with. Liberty minded people are voicing their repudiation of draconian policies all around and Microsoft will indeed pay the piper for its actions, guaranteed.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Everyone always talks about the 3rd console curse but did Nintendo suffer with the 64? I don't remember bad things back then but I was also young. Only thing I do remember was ridiculous prices games.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I don't think there's a curse at all. I think it's just console makers being too arrogant for their own good and suffering the consequences of their myopic actions. Microsoft could have easily avoided the so called curse by being consumer friendly but... like everything else they touch, they still have the same mentality. That mentality is, "$#@! you, you'll take what we give you". They will reap what they sow and if they're lucky, they'll survive to make a fourth console.

One thing to take into consideration though. Microsoft has the added disadvantage of siding with the wrong group of people at the wrong time. There is general consumer blowback to predatory corporation and government practices and Microsoft picked the wrong crowd to be associated with. Liberty minded people are voicing their repudiation of draconian policies all around and Microsoft will indeed pay the piper for its actions, guaranteed.
    It's because of that deluded man at MS aka Steve Ballmer.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Everyone always talks about the 3rd console curse but did Nintendo suffer with the 64? I don't remember bad things back then but I was also young. Only thing I do remember was ridiculous prices games.
    They suffered. The N64 was superior to the PlayStation in performance but Nintendo was arrogant and they were not only consumer unfriendly with the pricing of games but also unfriendly with developers so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It's because of that deluded man at MS aka Steve Ballmer.
    He's part of the problem but by no means the only one. The whole business environment in Microsoft is, "$#@! you, you'll take what we give you" and that's not to mention their being cozy with certain governmental organizations like the NSA and jumping on board with PRISM. They deserve what's coming to them.

21. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    They suffered. Not like going out of business, etc., (Sony didn't last gen either even though they messed up with pricing at first). Nintendo knew that CD's were a technology that would advance their consoles. Developers asked for them to use them as well but they were afraid they would lose control of the media and arrogant in thinking that it wouldn't matter. Developers would flock to them anyway even though the cartridges were much more expensive and could store less and thus, they pushed forward with the N64 design and cartridges. The N64 was an impressive technical piece of kit but was severely limited by its storage media.

Sony on the other hand, went with CD's. One of the results was Final Fantasy defecting to become a Sony exclusive. They were much more open than Nintendo. Lesson learned.

I still think that in the end, Sony's "mistake" with the PS3 paid off for them. It almost certainly helped the company as a whole win the "HD Wars" and made blu-ray succeed over HD-DVD. As a company, that had HUGE benefits for them regardless of how much money the PS3 cost them initially with each sale. They started making a profit off each PS3 years ago as well and even ended up overcoming Microsoft's 10 million plus console lead that was built by launching the 360 a year earlier and also being able to price the 360 continually lower than Sony. I think it all paid off for them in the end. Still, there's no doubt they were arrogant in the beginning of the launch thinking that the high price point wouldn't matter to the consumers just because the PS3 was Sony's product and very technically sound.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Elite Member
    Sony threw a party and everybody came...holy mother of god!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by jphuff View Post
    They suffered. Not like going out of business, etc., (Sony didn't last gen either even though they messed up with pricing at first). Nintendo knew that CD's were a technology that would advance their consoles. Developers asked for them to use them as well but they were afraid they would lose control of the media and arrogant in thinking that it wouldn't matter. Developers would flock to them anyway even though the cartridges were much more expensive and could store less and thus, they pushed forward with the N64 design and cartridges. The N64 was an impressive technical piece of kit but was severely limited by its storage media.

Sony on the other hand, went with CD's. One of the results was Final Fantasy defecting to become a Sony exclusive. They were much more open than Nintendo. Lesson learned.

I still think that in the end, Sony's "mistake" with the PS3 paid off for them. It almost certainly helped the company as a whole win the "HD Wars" and made blu-ray succeed over HD-DVD. As a company, that had HUGE benefits for them regardless of how much money the PS3 cost them initially with each sale. They started making a profit off each PS3 years ago as well and even ended up overcoming Microsoft's 10 million plus console lead that was built by launching the 360 a year earlier and also being able to price the 360 continually lower than Sony. I think it all paid off for them in the end. Still, there's no doubt they were arrogant in the beginning of the launch thinking that the high price point wouldn't matter to the consumers just because the PS3 was Sony's product and very technically sound.
    You put it very well looking back. Now that I think about it very odd for them to use cartridges considering Sony was having massive success with it. Oddly enough, all of what you explained seems reminiscent of what is going on right now. Go forward no matter what.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Third console curse?

Why are people saying this? Is the Xbox One confirmed to be coming later than PS4? I thought PS4 simply said 'holidays' while XBone has November at least stated.

edit: Nevermind, I got it. Not 3rd to market. 3rd for a particular company.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 06-16-2013 at 09:31.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Third console curse?

Why are people saying this? Is the Xbox One confirmed to be coming later than PS4? I thought PS4 simply said 'holidays' while XBone has November at least stated.
    Think its more to do with the companies 3rd console, not the 3rd released per generation . Its a new concept to me but there does seem to be a pretty consistent pattern over the course of console history

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    The whole business environment in Microsoft is, "$#@! you, you'll take what we give you" and that's not to mention their being cozy with certain governmental organizations like the NSA and jumping on board with PRISM. They deserve what's coming to them.
    It has been strange to see the transformation from MS in the 90's as one of the most brutal corporations invented, swallowing up software companies right and left, digesting then destroying them, then to the 2000's where all of a sudden because it entered the videogame console market, it was suddenly cool and hip. Never mind they did the same thing, swallow up promising game devs that seemed to wither and die in the MS corporate environment. Now, we enter the 20-teens and there is Microsoft, draconian policies and a video games division that seems intent on destroying videogaming completely. They have destroyed their PC game studios and pretty much destroyed their first party console game studios. Their exclusive second parties have disappeared with the devs deciding they all wanted to go multi-plat. They went in for the wrong reason, not believing in videogames, but to take market share away from Sony. That was their entire goal, the 360 was partially successful, and that seems to have been enough. MS is content to walk away from videogames completely. They have just walked out on plenty of internet and TV devices before without blinking an eye, so business as usual.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

28. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    There is a storm coming I think.
    I think one of these two is not going to survive.

The question will be who has the best life boats.

Thread Information