Latest PSU headlines:

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Microsoft clarifies "Family members" policy...

Remember the bit from Microsoft's game licensing policy doc about being able to share your Xbox One library with up to 10 family members? They won't actually have to be family members, the manufacturer's Phil Spencer has confirmed.

"I think the policy makes sense," Spencer told Penny Arcade at E3 this week.

"It's not ten different people all playing the game concurrently, but when you think about a real usage scenario, and we thought about it around a family, and I know certain people will create a family group of people that aren't all part of the same family.

"And I do think that's an advantage, and people will use that. I saw it on NeoGAF instantly, the Xbox Family creation threads, where people said 'Hey be a part of my family'."

In other words, Microsoft is happy for you to break the system in order to share games with people you aren't, strictly speaking, allowed to. Ars Technica reports that only one person can access the game files at any given time.

"No birth certificates will need to be sent in!" Spencer added. "I do think that's an advantage of the ecosystem that we have."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56411/your-xbox...amily-members/

Since its announcement, there has been some confusion over the details of sharing your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members." Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details, but he did clarify some things.

For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time. All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...game-policies/

Lending just got a whole lot easier.
    Soooo...my one objection just got squashed.
    Last edited by mynd; 06-15-2013 at 22:15.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    This is actually pretty cool. A definite plus.

Super Elite
    Now if they can get their DD prices lower, and put some of the games on sale for the weekend, this digital age stuff would really take off.
    It would be like Steam with a cool sharing feature, this sharing stuff sounds great either way though.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I think eventually, in a couple years the game prices may drop. I think they will start off high but as a couple years go by there will be room for them to go the route of Steam with the huge sales etc.

Or at least I'm hoping this can happen. I don't see why not.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    2 people can't play multiplayer at the same time under this plan. Single player only according to

Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    Now if they can get their DD prices lower, and put some of the games on sale for the weekend, this digital age stuff would really take off.
    It would be like Steam with a cool sharing feature, this sharing stuff sounds great either way though.
    Keep dreaming. Retailers aren't having any of that $#@!. Them being stuck with 60 dollar games while MS can sell them for cheaper online.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/56411/your-xbox...amily-members/

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...game-policies/

Lending just got a whole lot easier.
    Soooo...my one objection just got squashed.
    it's looking good for Xbox ONE.

Thread Information