Apprentice

MGSV I need your help guys

I have played MGS1, 2, 3 and 4. Couldn't get into Peace Walker and missed Rising. I used to love MGS but now I'm getting bored of it. It's all too much to keep up with. MGS4 was perfect in that I felt happy with the tie up. FYI MGS3 was my least favourite (flame shield activated)

Now MGSV looks amazing but the story looks absolute bonkers! I've read Peace Walker is the perfect story to get you primed for Phantom Pain. Guys I need help getting my Metal Gear mojo back. Should I dedicate a weekend and play Peace Walker? How long is it? Should I even bother with MGSV if I'm struggling now?

MGSV is everything I wanted years ago, it looks amazing and would compliment PS4 nicely
    Last edited by The Anderlation; 06-16-2013 at 00:20.

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    I think that, while staying true to the roots of stealth, MGS V will feel quite different from the previous installments in the series. They're going into a different direction with MGS V and I think the free-roaming will keep you busy and entertained for a while. At least, it will probably not remind you of the kind of 'generic' gameplay of previous MGS-games.

I can't judge how good Peace Walker is, but I guess that if you're already bored of MGS-like games Peace Walker won't be that amazing to you.

Apprentice
    I just would like to know the story but I just get lost. Please tell me people are as confused as I am at times. Watching MGSV E3 Extended Trailer I'm just like

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You've played MGS3 so just play peace walker, if for the story alone, the game not long anyway
    And then you should be set

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Apprentice
    Like how does everyone know what Big Boss has been through before the game is out? I'm just so lost

Apprentice
    Information got leaked. That's why we know some stuff. And of course there's the trailers and interviews. We know that MGSV kicks off right after Peace Walker. Mother Base gets destroyed by Cipher (the Patriots), and most of Big Boss' comrades are killed. Big Boss gets wounded and falls into a coma. He loses an arm - whether it's because of an accident/wound in battle or an amputation (the Les Enfants Terribles project was executed in 1972, so I don't know why they would need an arm in 1975), I don't know. But yeah, basically, he lies in a coma for 9 years, wakes up, has to escape the hospital because it gets attacked, but suffers from some serious and disturbing hallucinations. Maybe they're not hallucinations, but actually real. The latest trailer features some characters called "those who don't exist". Those are the demonic creatures Big Boss sees.

Then there's Ishmael. The guy with the bandaged face. The best theory so far is that Big Boss has post traumatic stress disorder and a lot of other traumata and mental "diseases" after the huge trauma (destruction of Mother Base, death of thousands) and that Ishmael IS Big Boss. He's a projection of his mind. You can read a lot of details about this theory on the mgsforums.com

From the latest trailer, it seems that the first "real" mission Big Boss has to do is saving Kaz Miller (Master Mcdonnel Miller from MGS1) from the enemy in Afghanistan. He saves Miller and flies back to their base (Mother Base rebuilt?). Then Kaz speaks of revenge, vengeance, and is full of hatred and: phantom pain (as is Big Boss). It seems that Kaz has a lot of influence over Big Boss, because they're so close. So maybe Big Boss does things he doesn't even want to do (like ordering torture sessions), but he agrees because of Kaz. Furthermore, it seems that Big Boss and Kaz will start to disagree more and more over time, and maybe they become enemies. At least that's what the trailer implies when Big Boss and Kaz Miller stand back to back in the trailer and Big Boss turns away.

Man, I'm so goddamn hyped for this game, I can't even describe it. I want more info like NOW.

I recommend a youtube channel called "YongYea". That guy has some sweet analysis on the latest trailer and a lot of other AAA games. You guys should check him out. I really like him.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    You lost me at Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater least favorite game. Like, how is that possible? LIKE HOW! DAMMIT I WANT TO KNOW NAO! *takes a deep breath*

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Apprentice
    I think it's the fact it's too open if that makes sense. I like the linear type (MGS1, MGS2 and MGS4) although 4 was a little too open at times. I miss my radar

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Rising is just a spin-off. Don't take that game seriously. It's done by the makers of Bayonetta, so you can rest assured there is fail there. I don't care if the gameplay is $#@!ing awesome, and it is. It's just that Rising is a bad parody of MGS. It's supposed to take place after MGS4..but please, just ignore it all together.

And get your mojo back. Fap some moar mgs into your life. Play Peace Walker for sure to understand MGS V.

Also, good call on the flame shield because..

but yeah catch up on Peace Walker

Thread Information