Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

The Recommended PS Vita Games Thread

Recommend games for other PlayStation Vita users. You may find a gem that not many Vita owners know about. This is the thread in which you enlighten them.

Below is a list of highly or commonly recommended Vita games. These games either have solid review scores and reception or are commonly recommended by other Vita owners.

Lists of Commonly or Highly Recommended Vita Games (Updated 5/16/2014)

Gravity Rush
    LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
    Lumines Electronic Symphony
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    Mortal Kombat
    Need for Speed Most Wanted
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
    Persona 4 Golden
    PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Rayman Origins
    Sound Shapes
    Super Stardust Delta
    Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Unit 13
    Wipeout 2048
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Dragon's Crown
    Guacamelee!
    Hotline Miami
    Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
    Killzone: Mercenary
    LIMBO
    Luftrausers
    Men's Room Mayhem
    MLB 13: The Show
    Muramasa Rebirth
    Soul Sacrifice
    Spelunky
    Tearaway
    Thomas Was Alone
    Velocity Ultra
    Ys: Memories of Celceta

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
    Demon Gaze
    Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
    MLB 14: The Show
    OlliOlli
    Toukiden: The Age of Demons
    TxK
    Last edited by The Black Wolf; 05-16-2014 at 22:42.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

2. Likes kyleanderson likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    I would say Persona 4, Gravity Rush and Need for Speed Most Wanted.

Apprentice

Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048.

The two threads will colide I guess ... I for example loves Ridge Racer, people will post it in the other thread because it's an half*** game.

Apprentice
    I will post my list of Vita games I'll be getting when I get my console (July)

Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Resistance Burning Skies
    Killzone Mercenary
    Hotline Miami
    Hustle kings (Ps3+Vita Cross buy) I have the PS3 version as well
    Retro city rampage
    Guacamelee
    Men's room mayhem (Downloaded this as its 1 with a PS+ sub)
    Lone survivor (not out yet)
    Nun attack (tower defence game I'm guessing, looking fun and funny as anything)
    Plants v zombies
    Super stardust delta

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

6. Likes PMurphy1978 likes this post
    PSN ID
    PMurphy1978
    I have two top five lists currently, one for this year, and one for lifetime both from my site.

Top 5 of 2013

1. Guacamelee - brutally hard in places but unashamedly fun. Packed with humour, homage and hours of fun. Drinkbox served up a winner here.

2. Soul Sacrifice - arguably the biggest release of the year so far on the Vita and it's a good one. It can be grindy but that you can share that with others negates that. Many hours of gameplay, strategy and fun and so much to discover.

3. Thomas was Alone - how can something so simple be so amazing? Right from the start the narration and music will catch you in this unorthodox platformer with quite a lot of teamwork with the characters required. Mike bithell has created a masterpiece and curve studios deserve a lot of credit for this.

4. Velocity Ultra - there is a reason that this has been accumulating stellar scores across the board. It's amazing. The controls, the speed, the addictive nature, the soundtrack - it's all amazing.

5. Men's room mayhem - so, you are in a public toilet and its really busy. All these guys are coming in busting to do there business and you have control over their restroom ettiquette. It's as fun as it is crazy and well worth a look.

If you want top 5 of all time so far:

1. Need for Speed Most Wanted - My favourite Vita game so far, and a true testament to what the Vita can do. What it lacks initially in terms of visuals it makes up for in terms of playability, fun and scale.

2. LBP PSV - The story may be short, but is very enjoyable but the real long term replayability of this title should not be underestimated, and if you can get your head around the creation mode yourself then there is arguably no limit to what can be acheived.

3. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD - A perfect recreation of the Xbox original, and a true showcase of the power of the Vita. Beautiful, engaging and fun we need more of this. Luckily, Just add Water have three more coming.

4. Guacamelee - brutally hard in places but unashamedly fun. Packed with humour, homage and hours of fun. Drinkbox served up a winner here.

5. Soul Sacrifice - arguably the biggest release of the year so far on the Vita and it's a good one. It can be grindy but that you can share that with others negates that. Many hours of gameplay, strategy and fun and so much to discover.

P4G is the most notable absence - I have not played it. I am really expecting this list to change this year with Killzone and Tearaway, hopefully FIFA 14 (and Rivals, if EA don't mug us off)

Veteran
    Other games Vita owners may want to try are:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    Touch My Katamari
    Mortal Kombat

Veteran
    A game that just came out today is Muramasa Rebirth. It's getting good review scores.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...ramasa-rebirth

PSN ID
    dragonlord510
    its not out yet but there is going to be a Ys (Ys: Memories of Celceta) for the vita. its a good rpg, havent played much of serious due to not deep enough pockets but sure want to get this. Look into the psp versions which are available.

Veteran
    I edited the OP.

Add "RocketBird: Hardboiled Chicken" to the list...

It was cheap, entertaining and really quite challenging with lots of variety in the actual gameplay. Once I got going with it, I had a really hard time putting it down. The best parts included amazing cut scenes, excellent sound support, a neat story, challenging puzzles, and hilarious kill abilities.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Are there any good open world RPGs (i,.e. Skyrim style) that I can play on Vita? Maybe an old PSP game?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Are there any good open world RPGs (i,.e. Skyrim style) that I can play on Vita? Maybe an old PSP game?
    PLEASE do not take this thread off topic. This is the thread in which Vita games are recommended. I think you should make a thread asking about that.

Veteran
    OP edited, more games for 2012 and 2013 added. Enjoy!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Currently on Velocity Ultra. Crazily addictive. Review and some clips for anyone interested:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/2...y-ultra-review

Edited to add:

After going through the list afew I'd recommended are motorstorm RC, FIFA 13 and unit 13. 3 different genres, all play excellent and great on the move titles due to the quick nature of pick up and play while on the move with matches, races and levels lasting no longer than 5 - 10 mins a time
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 07-28-2013 at 22:24.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    After going through the list afew I'd recommended are motorstorm RC, FIFA 13 and unit 13.
    Motorstorm:
    I played the demo version; didn't find it really good.

Fifa 13:
    This game is 100% the same as "Fifa Football", apart from having the latest player line-ups in the teams. As it's still being sold for full price, most ppl of the vita/fifa community are very upset and angry with EA - rightly, I think.

Unit 13:
    I absolutely agree!! I was actually going to suggest it for this list here, too. Also it has always been rated very well in reviews, afaik.
    Last edited by Slaystation; 08-04-2013 at 21:49.
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Pure Chess is a great time waster.

Best mobile chess game there is.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaystation View Post
    Motorstorm:
    I played the demo version; didn't find it really good.
    Yeah I think you'll either love or hate it.
    It really comes to life with in the full game trying to beat people's times in your friends list though and nails the '1 more try' to beat a friends time.

Fifa 13:
    This game is 100% the same as "Fifa Football", apart from having the latest player line-ups in the teams. As it's still being sold for full price, most ppl of the vita/fifa community are very upset and angry with EA - rightly, I think.
    Owning both I completely agree but for someone who hasnt played the first I'd recommended '13 over FIFA football. It can be picked up for afew quid more than their first attempt and all trophies are unlock able whereas in FIFA football the Tour Bus equivalent is glitched and is unattainable. Out of the 2, if you haven't got FIFA football, '13 is the current best on the platform.

Unit 13:
    I absolutely agree!! I was actually going to suggest it for this list here, too. Also it has always been rated very well in reviews, afaik.
    Shame the company has folded. Would have loved some DLC or a sequel.

Dedicated Member
    I can't remember the last time I booted up the Vita tbh, only keeping it for the remote PS4 play on the bog!
    PSN = prison_inmate

Veteran
    I've been on Playstation All Stars Battle Royal and thought that would have been recommended, having a right blast and online is quality. Also buying the PS3 version bags you the Vita game with Cross Play.

Veteran
    Unit 13 added to the list.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Everybody's Golf: You can now play online with PS3 owners that have just received this game too plus all Vita DLCs will work with that version too. I think it's the first Cross Play game to really work well. The game is a lot of fun to boot.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F: A really addictive rhythm game that plays a little bit like Osu but slightly easier, having said that though the tracks on Extreme is just insanely impossible! There's plenty of unlockables, different costumes, switchable characters, and you can decorate rooms for each character as well as have items to help you on tracks you're struggling with. So much to do in this game. The Vita version is an import only unfortunately.

Super Elite
    Because the site intelligently thwarts me from beginning a post and ending it all in caps, I will pretext what I have to say with this reasonable and polite sentence. And now, with that out of the way:

ODDWORLD: STRANGER'S WRATH, MOTHER $#@!ER, GOD DAMN (PLEASE NOTE: 'MOTHER $#@!ER, GOD DAMN' IS NOT PART OF THE GAME'S TITLE)!

No one talks about this game, and it's not only one of the best ports available to the system, it's one of the best games you can play on it. I mean, dayum, you have to hunt your live ammo, your ammo has personality, the game doesn't waste time with all that tutorital-and-plot bullsheet (though there is a plot), it just says: HEY, MOTHER $#@!ER, THERE ARE SOME OUTLAWS, GO WRANGLE THAT $#@!, ALIVE OR DEAD, MORE MOOLAH IF ALIVE, THOUGH, NOWHATIMSAYING (NOTE: 'MOOLAH' IS IN FACT THE NAME OF CURRENCY IN THIS DOPE-AS-$#@! GAME)?; and then you can use skunks, hornets, and $#@!-talking chipmunks to subdue your enemies. It's goofy, it's creative, it's fantastically designed, and, holy balls, it's fun.

The game's sense of humor is also fantastic. The southern $#@!-talking chickens you meet in the towns are hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious.

EDIT: Also, PlayStation All-Stars, even though it's been mentioned. Its only flaw is that Jak sucks. I mean he heart-breakingly sucks. I mean god damn every other character can fly across the stage in seconds and throw you into the air then shoot a plasma ball precisely aimed at your nuts, then charge his super and blow you into the stratosphere--but Jak? Jak just sucks. God damn. I tried to deny it for as long as I could but he's worthless.
    Last edited by Forcedme; 08-05-2013 at 21:51.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    Because the site intelligently thwarts me from beginning a post and ending it all in caps, I will pretext what I have to say with this reasonable and polite sentence. And now, with that out of the way:

ODDWORLD: STRANGER'S WRATH, MOTHER $#@!ER, GOD DAMN (PLEASE NOTE: 'MOTHER $#@!ER, GOD DAMN' IS NOT PART OF THE GAME'S TITLE)!

No one talks about this game, and it's not only one of the best ports available to the system, it's one of the best games you can play on it. I mean, dayum, you have to hunt your live ammo, your ammo has personality, the game doesn't waste time with all that tutorital-and-plot bullsheet (though there is a plot), it just says: HEY, MOTHER $#@!ER, THERE ARE SOME OUTLAWS, GO WRANGLE THAT $#@!, ALIVE OR DEAD, MORE MOOLAH IF ALIVE, THOUGH, NOWHATIMSAYING (NOTE: 'MOOLAH' IS IN FACT THE NAME OF CURRENCY IN THIS DOPE-AS-$#@! GAME)?; and then you can use skunks, hornets, and $#@!-talking chipmunks to subdue your enemies. It's goofy, it's creative, it's fantastically designed, and, holy balls, it's fun.

The game's sense of humor is also fantastic. The southern $#@!-talking chickens you meet in the towns are hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious.

EDIT: Also, PlayStation All-Stars, even though it's been mentioned. Its only flaw is that Jak sucks. I mean he heart-breakingly sucks. I mean god damn every other character can fly across the stage in seconds and throw you into the air then shoot a plasma ball precisely aimed at your nuts, then charge his super and blow you into the stratosphere--but Jak? Jak just sucks. God damn. I tried to deny it for as long as I could but he's worthless.
    Based on your use of 'MOTHER $#@!ER' - I will proceed to check this game out.

I can also vouch for PSABR - different kind of fighting game - very interesting and fun especially fi you're a PS fan and are clued up on all the nods to the PS characters and universes.

Veteran
    After two recommendations for Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and three recommendations for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, the list has been updated! Enjoy!

Veteran
    Two games added to the 2013 list. Both games are still receiving review scores, but gamers around different sites and different reviews are raving about the two. If the review scores start going downhill, I may take them off the list unless members recommend them.

Thread Information