Latest PSU headlines:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 11 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizer View Post
    There's still enough surprises to keep you interested, and the gameplay is pretty engrossing. So yeah i'd still recommend picking it up. The multiplayer is decent too, just annoying when you have to go up against a team of level 50's while you're level 1.

EDIT: The update with the 'No-Party' should help with playing, hopefully I won't be matched with a whole enemy team of 50's now.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. You know what will happen, but you don't know their story or understand what they're feeling. It's like being stabbed with a make-believe knife. You haven't heard the story, so you don't believe in the pain.

Edit:
    Last edited by K2D; 06-30-2013 at 01:02.

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    ^--I know right

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Ditto on all points for me.

I finished the game on the monday after it was released, and only last night did I feel ready to start a second playthrough.

So last night I began my playthrough on survivor. I'm not very far in yet, just got Ellie out of the QZ and am about to climb into the office building downtown...but man do I feel alot more helpless then I did in my first playthrough on normal.

Oh, and for those of you wondering. If you unlocked new game plus on either easy/normal/hard, and decided to do a survivor run prior to doing new game plus with the intentions of doing your new game plus later on....mine seems to have overwritten. Not the game save, I control that. But the area in the menu that gives you the choice to play 'new game plus' has now been replaced by 'continue (current game)'. Not sure if that means I can't do normal new game plus anymore, or if just have to call up my first save file again.
    That's right around where I am on my survivor playthrough. I'm at the first major encounter in the Old Stone building, where there are 3 runners and a clicker. Oh, sure Ellie and Tess, just hang up there while I risk my ass. Lol.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Started my second go at it on survivor and it's not too bad. I'm actually doing better without the hearing ability.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

I just finished with it. One of the best ever. Gonna play through I t again very soon.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Are u even serious? This is nowhere near cod multiplayer. Infected couldve worked if they had wanted to do it, I have no doubts about that.

I didnt say it was better than Cod 4 but the best online game since Cod 4

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    I'm only about 4 hours in but I'm loving the game so far.

Apprentice
    Just finished this beautiful beautiful game...I loved EVERY minute of it man..EVERY MINUTE

Last edited by Kawaiius; 07-01-2013 at 02:32.

9. Likes Fon wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member
    I just finished it a couple minutes ago. And all I could think was....."damn....Joel is an ass lol".

I loved this game. Luring the clickers to where I wanted them with a brick, and then flaming them all with a Molotov was epic. Or using the flamethrower on a bloater. Setting up a nail bomb right in the path of a soldier. Amazing stuff. One of the best games I've ever played.

11. Likes DarkVincent07 wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Except for the bugs, glitches and sometimes horrible AI, this game was pure pleasure. The graphics, the sound and the story telling is probably the best I've experienced on PS3. And the length of the game is a big plus too, I finished it in about 24 hours. There's not many games that can match that length, not linear games like this one.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The more I dwell on the ending, I don't think the vaccine was going to work anyway..so the ending was good IMO.

Also, what is with the online? I'm getting better and better at it and I'm only on level 1!? How slow is the progression system?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Just finished and still processing all that happened... it feels like so much to take in, I've never been this consumed with the games story before. It really plays on your emotions for sure.

I feel just as torn as Ellie and Joel though. Listening to the recordings, the doctors words about the vaccine, I was unsure on what I wanted to do or what should be done. But when push came to shove I went Tony Montana on the the doc and nurses and let them say hello to my little friend haha, only after some thought as to should I walk away (if I were able to) or save Ellie from this after all we've been through. Story 10/10 no doubt.

I was a tiny bit upset that there wasn't really a big "boss" ending fight with Marlene or something along those lines. I hoarded a LOT of ammo and supplies with so many goodies ready for a fight and it didn't happen. Small price to pay since it worked so well in the ending. Either way, I knew I was gonna shoot Marlene in her face lmao.

Wow, just wow

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    So just got back from Man of Steel and the Last of Us trailer played before it started, was awesome on the big screen..though I heard some twerpy little kid next to me calling it crap, nearly shoved my fist in his face.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

16. Likes Fon wishes they had posted this first.
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    The more I dwell on the ending, I don't think the vaccine was going to work anyway..so the ending was good IMO.

Also, what is with the online? I'm getting better and better at it and I'm only on level 1!? How slow is the progression system?
    Why do you think so?

It is understandable why Joel did that, but it was incredibly selfish and might've doomed everyone. There might be other cordyceps mutations, but nobody has a high chance of surviving or finding the right people. Joel also killed the head surgeon, probably not a lot of those left.

E: Interesting, initially Joel and Ellie might've had a dog accompanying them. There are a few concept arts with the pair having a dog. Also, in the quarantine zone there's a place where a guy sells dogs, the ones on display were already sold though.
    Last edited by Naxi; 07-01-2013 at 19:01.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Flaw3d Genius
    The ending was defo strange and not the right ending...just 2 hours earlier Joel was giving her away to his bro.

The ending was due to 2 reasons...

1: He didnt want to lose a 2nd daughter (story ending)

2: They Kept her alive for a second game (financial ending)

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Why do you think so?

It is understandable why Joel did that, but it was incredibly selfish and might've doomed everyone. There might be other cordyceps mutations, but nobody has a high chance of surviving or finding the right people. Joel also killed the head surgeon, probably not a lot of those left.
    I don't know if selfish is a word Id used to desribe joel. Selfish is when you eat all the cookies not thinking about anyone else wanting some. This man didn't want someone he came to love to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    The ending was defo strange and not the right ending...just 2 hours earlier Joel was giving her away to his bro.
    That was 1 season earlier

Last edited by Gantz; 07-01-2013 at 19:18.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    Just finished this beautiful beautiful game...I loved EVERY minute of it man..EVERY MINUTE

A little selfish yeah, but i didnt mind it.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a ****load of bubble gum"

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    A little selfish yeah, but i didnt mind it.

Oh she knows... Thats why she tells her friends story. You can also tell by the detachment she seems to have more at the end...

Why are we using spoiler tags in a thread that is clearly titled ... SPOILERS?!?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Superior Member
    Unfortunately the online part of the game seems pretty bad. Especially if your new to it.

Apprentice
    I think Joel definitely did it for selfish reasons. I believe one of the lines Joel said at the end was "You keep finding something to fight for." If Ellie (second daughter) died, he probably would have lost all reasons to survive. The last cut scene Ellie knew Joel was lying to her. She probably knew that Joel needed her to survive, not to fight, but to love him like a daughter would.

I think she wanted to die for the good of man or for her own selfish reasons. "When is it my turn." She had to find something to fight for and I guess that's Joel. The only person she cares about that hasn't died or left her.

That's just my perspective tho

Sent from my Nexus 4

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkoStylo View Post
    I think Joel definitely did it for selfish reasons. I believe one of the lines Joel said at the end was "You keep finding something to fight for." If Ellie (second daughter) died, he probably would have lost all reasons to survive. The last cut scene Ellie knew Joel was lying to her. She probably knew that Joel needed her to survive, not to fight, but to love him like a daughter would.

I think she wanted to die for the good of man or for her own selfish reasons. "When is it my turn." She had to find something to fight for and I guess that's Joel. The only person she cares about that hasn't died or left her.

That's just my perspective tho

Sent from my Nexus 4
    A very good perspective.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by skyballin View Post
    Unfortunately the online part of the game seems pretty bad. Especially if your new to it.
    Make sure your playing Survivor mode and make sure your working as part of a team...be a lone wolf youl get destroyed!

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Just got "separated" from Henry and Sam. Man, what a game...

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Just got "separated" from Henry and Sam. Man, what a game...
    just got separated from ellie and henry

I wish there was a voting system, if you don't have a Mic DON'T PLAY THIS GAME ONLINE! It demands team work that can not be accomplished without communication! I rarely play online if no one on my friend list is playing because it's so frustrating to have 20 downs 15 executions (should be 20 executes but these scrubs keep taking my kills) 3 deaths, 5 revives and plenty of healing and then see the rest of the team (2 people had 7 deaths each! That's already more than half the spawn gone) doing so badly because I'm the only one calling **** out. By my 3rd death, I can't even spawn back into the game because it's been used up!

And the missions are frustrating as hell, why do my clan die at the end of missions even tho I completed the challenge with ample of supplies?

Survival mode is the **** but without any incentives to play it, I'm going to stick with supply raids. You get the same points and you don't get rewarded for the rounds you win so sweeping people doesn't actually work in your favor....Oh and you lose everything you crafted at the previous round at the beginning of each round

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 07-02-2013 at 19:16.

28. Likes Royals wishes they had posted this first.

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    just got separated from ellie and henry

I wish there was a voting system, if you don't have a Mic DON'T PLAY THIS GAME ONLINE! It demands team work that can not be accomplished without communication! I rarely play online if no one on my friend list is playing because it's so frustrating to have 20 downs 15 executions (should be 20 executes but these scrubs keep taking my kills) 3 deaths, 5 revives and plenty of healing and then see the rest of the team (2 people had 7 deaths each! That's already more than half the spawn gone) doing so badly because I'm the only one calling **** out. By my 3rd death, I can't even spawn back into the game because it's been used up!

And the missions are frustrating as hell, why do my clan die at the end of missions even tho I completed the challenge with ample of supplies?

Survival mode is the **** but without any incentives to play it, I'm going to stick with supply raids. You get the same points and you don't get rewarded for the rounds you win so sweeping people doesn't actually work in your favor....Oh and you lose everything you crafted at the previous round at the beginning of each round

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Yeah the online part of the game is amazing imo. Last night I found a few games that had some people talking and we dominated. Most of the time though people just run around like its CoD and do horribly.

Thread Information