Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    I believe that the infectinon is not a natural disease. I don't believe that nature would create something that can't be countered. And yeah, I know I'm touching some conspiracy theories here, but I don't believe the HIV-monkey origin thing.

Whatever.

IMO, playing as Ellie was THE highlight of the game. There was also that part in the hotel where Joel must find the keycard, but then there's a pack of clickers that seem to be much faster and stealthier than normal ones. And then a bloater entered the narrow hallways, creeping the **** out of me. I killed him - as always - with a bomb and two molotovs.

I was shocked that David actually turned bad. I thought he was a decent person until he finally gave in to his partially bad and crazy personality and wanted to hack Ellie into tiny pieces. But maybe he was just acting to be a good person all the time? I mean he had people killed and hung to bleed out, because they're cannibals! The part in the burning restaurant/bar was creepy. Sneaking up on David felt really intense, because when he spotted you, he ran after you like a maniac. After that, a really emotional scene kicked in: When David tries to brutally rape Ellie (I'm sure he tried to rape her; Ellie even says "He tried to-" to Joel and starts crying), I was so disgusted, but at the same time, I was pleased that the game touched on that subject. And it was there that I think Joel finally bonded with Ellie. He called her "baby girl". Notice that he called his daughter baby girl when she died. And man... Sarah's death was sick. So realistic. I choked up quite a bit when it happened. Didn't expect that.

All in all, I'm absolutely happy I bought TLOU for 60 Euros. But I gotta say, the game was not as great as everyone said it was. Yeah, it was absolutely great, but the first third of the game was kinda boring to be honest. Not the prologue, but after that. I guess I had to get used to the game.

What I really liked about TLOU is that I was able to restart encounters and the game put me right at the start of the enemy encounter, but the fight had not started yet so I could plan my moves, and there was little to no loading time. Great feature. Because I found myself restarting encounters a LOT of times. I just wanted to act as efficiently as possible.

One of the most awesome parts of the game was the tunnel to the hospital. Three bloaters, and lots of clickers and runners. I managed to kill all the runners silently with my bow, looted everything, killed the clickers with shivs, avoided the first bloater, and killed the other two bloaters and clickers with two nail bombs and two molotovs. Awesome.
    Another very intense moment was the fight against all the infected when playing as Ellie. You know, when you're trapped with David inside that building and infected just swarm the building from all sides. Not the first building, but the other one, when they come through the roof, and a bloater comes at the end I think.

I played the game on hard. I recommend this difficulty to anyone who's a seasoned gamer. It's just much more fun I guess. I don't know if normal has weaker AI, or just harder-hitting bullets, but I guess on the easier difficulties, it's the latter one: Your bullets do more damage, and you take less damage from enemies.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    What I really liked about TLOU is that I was able to restart encounters and the game put me right at the start of the enemy encounter, but the fight had not started yet so I could plan my moves, and there was little to no loading time. Great feature. Because I found myself restarting encounters a LOT of times. I just wanted to act as efficiently as possible.
    This is something I don't understand, restarting encounters. How can you remain connected to the experience if you are constantly retrying something so that you succeed at it in the best possible way. That would have ruined the game experience for me I think.

If I screwed up in an intense situation, I owned it 100% everytime. If I spent way too many bullets getting the job done, or used all my health kits, etc....oh well. For me it made the next turn, the next room, or even crossing the street that much more intense.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    This is the first game in years that I have really wanted to buy. Gonna get this as soon as pay day comes round.

Is it really as good as everyone is saying?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah were all just lying to trick u out of your money.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anderlation View Post
    As far as the operating room is concerned, I burst in and shotguned everyone in there! I needed to save my poor Ellie.
    I approached him because I knew he was too scared to stab me, then I pressed square which makes Joel stab him in the throat with his own scalpel..I proceeded to ignore the other two in the room while I picked up Ellie and ran...LIKE A BAUS!

Either way both possible outcomes were pretty bleak IMO. On one hand there was the chance of a cure but Ellie dying and in the other Ellie lives but there would always be that questions of whether or not there could've been a cure...bummed me out.

Not sure whether or not I want to go for the Platinum or not, I usually do with Uncharted but this game took a lot out of me..might take a break from it and come back later. Right now I'm checking out the multiplayer for the first time.

One of the highlights for me was the horse riding parts ,they were a lot of fun..didn't like the horse being shot through the head though! and the whole winter segment with Ellie caring for Joel and being attacked by the Hannibals!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

PSU Live Streamer
    Yea I stabbed the first doctor with his own scalpel also. Then I executed the other two with my revolver. First was the dude to my left, square in the chest, his lifeless corpse slid down the wall and ended up in a heap on the floor. Then I paused briefly when the female doctor was on her knees begging, until I put one in her brain pan. Then I picked up Ellie and bounced.

Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Yea I stabbed the first doctor with his own scalpel also. Then I executed the other two with my revolver. First was the dude to my left, square in the chest, his lifeless corpse slid down the wall and ended up in a heap on the floor. Then I paused briefly when the female doctor was on her knees begging, until I put one in her brain pan. Then I picked up Ellie and bounced.
    Oh snap! Haha
    I just killed the doctor with the scalpel. The other two were too terrified to do anything, so I snatched up Ellie, and left them in peace.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by whattheproblem View Post
    Oh snap! Haha
    I just killed the doctor with the scalpel. The other two were too terrified to do anything, so I snatched up Ellie, and left them in peace.
    what can I say, this game brought out the crazy in me lol

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Just finished the game... wow.. Naughty Dog has completely redefined character development in games, because never have I felt so attached to 2 characters.

I played on Hard, with Listening mode turned off in the menu, the way I think the game was meant to be played. Final time of about 18.5 hours. And I enjoyed every minute of it. Not sure whether to do NG+ or start Survivor. I'll probably never even touch the multiplayer.

I didn't realize you could stab the doctor with his scalpel, I wish I'd done that haha. I went in there with the Shorty out, doctor got it point blank in the chest, other one as well, the lady dropped to her knees and I literally blew her head off. Though admittedly, I didn't realize I could carry Ellie out without killing the other 2, I probably would have spared them. But in retrospect, I'm glad they're dead haha.

Personally, I love the moral ambiguity of the ending, and that they didn't give you a choice.

PSU Live Streamer
    Welcome to the fold Shibby Theres an extra spot on the couch lol

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Didn't think that matched the tone of the moment, the doctors were just doing their jobs to try and save humanity and the doctor was the only necessary casualty.
    Trophy-licious!

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Didn't think that matched the tone of the moment, the doctors were just doing their jobs to try and save humanity and the doctor was the only necessary casualty.
    Which moment? lol

I guess if the moment was right there and then in the operating room with just you, ellie and 3 harmless doctors....I could see your point.

But it was the adrenaline amped rage state I was in for the 30-45mins it took me to get to that room that resulted in that outcome for me lol. Not to mention they could have told the enemy which way I went.
    Last edited by shepard; 06-20-2013 at 02:33.

Veteran
    I can't get over how good that ending was. It was so.. human, I guess would be the word for it. No saving the world cliche, and really, looking back on the experiences you had getting to that moment, humans were more dangerous than the infected, why do they deserve to be "saved"? IF they even managed to successfully find a cure, which is a big 'if'.

Apprentice
    Yeah I never saw them as doctors, I saw them as animals. Weird I know, but when I listened to that tape recorder, I thought these people don't have a clue what they are doing. I thought they were just going to butcher Ellie. I was pumped after the intense fights before hand.

My thinking after I killed the doctors was, right no one will be able to come after us now

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i can't believe you guys killed all the doctors

i only shot the one who stood in my way, but i gave him ample time to realise my gun beats his scalpel as i pointed it at his head
    so yeah, he didn't get the message so he died for not getting out my my way. the other two clearly stood no chance so i let them be and ran off with Ellie. i didn't care what they were doing so long as they weren't in my way like the other one was. all i wanted to do was give ellie a chance to voice her opinion on the matter (though like joel i kinda knew what her decision would be. that being said she's only 13, plenty of time for her to make up her mind. unfortunate that everyone else is being selfish and wanting a 13 year old girl to give up her life so they can return to the top of the food chain)
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

15. Likes K2D , Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Everyone is saying how they want a sequel now..but even if it is with different characters in the same universe I still wouldn't want it. This game was amazing but I feel like the world's story as well as the character's story were told well enough to warrant it being left alone.

..One thing for sure, it's going to be weird going back to the inevitable Uncharted 4 after this!
    Trophy-licious!

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i can't believe you guys killed all the doctors

i only shot the one who stood in my way, but i gave him ample time to realise my gun beats his scalpel as i pointed it at his head
    so yeah, he didn't get the message so he died for not getting out my my way. the other two clearly stood no chance so i let them be and ran off with Ellie. i didn't care what they were doing so long as they weren't in my way like the other one was.
    Welcome to the club! I felt that they were just doing their job. Honestly, they didn't have the same emotional stake I had in Ellie, so I couldn't justify it to myself to kill them. They were looking at the cure, not at Ellie. Can we blame them? But yeah, that douchebag doctor with the scalpel...he still got it

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Just finished the game.
    I said WOW!

-**** CLICKERS I died in this more than i did with Dark Souls and 99% of the deaths were from clickers
    -Only killed the doctor with the scalpel because i didnt want him stabbing me while i was trying to pick up Ellie
    -My favorite segment was Winter with most of it playing as Ellie
    -Dat Ending!

Not only is this my game of the year it is my game of the PS3.
    10/10

RIP Oculus Rift

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Just finished the game.
    I said WOW!

-**** CLICKERS I died in this more than i did with Dark Souls and 99% of the deaths were from clickers
    -Only killed the doctor with the scalpel because i didnt want him stabbing me while i was trying to pick up Ellie
    -My favorite segment was Winter with most of it playing as Ellie
    -Dat Ending!

Not only is this my game of the year it is my game of the PS3.
    10/10
    I found the Clickers were easy, it was the segments of Clickers AND Stalkers that really pissed me off!

Also, Naughty Dog weren't kidding when they said their "zombies" wouldn't really be the focus of the story..did anyone else notice how the last level before the hospital in Salt Lake only had 3 enemies in the entire thing...3 easily stealth killed "sleeping" Runners! That was the last we saw of them in the game! The only enemies encountered in the hospital were human and in fact the last major Clicker encounter in the whole game was with Ellie during the Winter segment when she is being helped by the guy she later kills!
    Trophy-licious!

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I found the Clickers were easy, it was the segments of Clickers AND Stalkers that really pissed me off!

Also, Naughty Dog weren't kidding when they said their "zombies" wouldn't really be the focus of the story..did anyone else notice how the last level before the hospital in Salt Lake only had 3 enemies in the entire thing...3 easily stealth killed "sleeping" Runners! That was the last we saw of them in the game! The only enemies encountered in the hospital were human and in fact the last major Clicker encounter in the whole game was with Ellie during the Winter segment when she is being helped by the guy she later kills!
    I found the stalkers easy. You just bow or stealth them and the clickers did nothing since they cant see. You didnt think the tunnel before the hospital counted as a major clicker encounter?

RIP Oculus Rift

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    You didnt think the tunnel before the hospital counted as a major clicker encounter?
    Thats what I was wondering lol.

So how did everyone get through that tunnel anyway? I had virtually nothing when I got there. I ended hugging the right wall and was able to follow it straight up the tunnel with only taking down one infected. At the end of the tunnel I had to kill a few of course. But I managed to take out a bloater and clicker with a single molotov. The last bloater walked away from the tunnel exit and I just snuck by him and out.

Master Sage
    Items User name style

So how did everyone get through that tunnel anyway? I had virtually nothing when I got there. I ended hugging the right wall and was able to follow it straight up the tunnel with only taking down one infected. At the end of the tunnel I had to kill a few of course. But I managed to take out a bloater and clicker with a single molotov. The last bloater walked away from the tunnel exit and I just snuck by him and out.
    I only used the bow and shivs in last resort scenarios so i was full on them plus i had flamethrower just in case of an ambush. I never used the flamethrower actually because it was such a powerful weapon i was sure i would need it for some last boss or something and that never happened. I didnt find out bloaters were weak against fire until after i finished the game. I wish i knew that. I made the gamer harder for myself. A bloater never killed me though so i managed.

RIP Oculus Rift

Went to the right, into that side room where there were like 3 "drowsy" runners. So they made easy targets. That side room took me halfway through the tunnel, the rest was just sneaking.

Veteran

I avoided the first bloater but killed the surrounding clicker and stalker stealthily. Then went through the room on the right killing the 3 in there. On the other side, used bow and arrow to kill the two stalkers, stealth killed the 2 clickers, and snuck by the 2 remaining bloaters.

But then... then I looked up at the crate, and thought "well, ****, there's no way that thing is coming down without alerting the bloaters". So I turned around and roasted some bloater ass with the flamethrower. Luckily they died before the remaining back-up from the tunnel showed up, who were then all dispatched with the good old shotgun.

Elite Member

I blasted my way through the first half of it. I Stealth killed the first one or two roamers, but then I got tired of waiting. I stealthed most sections, so I usually had enough ammo to blast through sections if I wanted to. So, after killing the first two, I pulled out a gun and started popping them off. After a few moments, the bloater came out, and I decided to see how quickly the flamethrower could burn him to a crisp. Turns out, it was more useful against the bloater than it was against clickers and roamers (which is hilarious, since it slaughtered them too). I then snuck through the east tunnel for good measure. At the end of the tunnel, I used my bow to stealth kill a few of the non-bloaters. A nail bomb and two molotov's later, two of the three remaining bloaters and the rest of the other infected were gone. I killed the last bloater using my hunting rifle. Killed every single last enemy in that hallway. And given the events afterward, my use of ammo didn't hurt me at all.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    im reading so much heavy ordnance

i didn't kill any of them

i climbed over a couple of trailers, followed a clicker and slowly snuck past a stalker, picked up a bottle stood directly behind the final stalker and tossed the bottle into the middle of the two bloaters. tada. snuk past without using any of my precious resources which come in handy for the real enemies in the game....THE ****ING HUMANS!!!!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information