Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    See, I think I actually preferred fighting the humans than the infected. The infected meant a need to be stealthy for the most part. Sure it might be easier to blast through the predictable and close-range only (except for bloaters) infected, but it's also easier to get killed by an infected sneaking up on you than a human sneaking up on you. Though then again, Humans were also more variable, which also made them more fun to fight. Still, I think I had more deaths to clickers than anything else in this game, lol.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    im reading so much heavy ordnance

i didn't kill any of them

i climbed over a couple of trailers, followed a clicker and slowly snuck past a stalker, picked up a bottle stood directly behind the final stalker and tossed the bottle into the middle of the two bloaters. tada. snuk past without using any of my precious resources which come in handy for the real enemies in the game....THE $#@!ING HUMANS!!!!
    Lol me too, actually I am like this everygame, keeping my bullets even if there is many. There is no way to spend my preciouzzz bullets on clickers. There are bottles and bricks everywhere
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by whattheproblem View Post
    Went to the right, into that side room where there were like 3 "drowsy" runners. So they made easy targets. That side room took me halfway through the tunnel, the rest was just sneaking.
    That was pretty much my strategy. The last room with the bloaters, clickers and runners I went back a little and threw a nail bomb at the far right corner, when it blew up all the nasties gathered in that corner leaving me to sneak pass the room real easy. There was only one "sleeping" clicker left on the left wall, stabbed it in the neck and went my merry way.

Absolutely loved that game. I never thought a game could have such character development and depth. At the end, you can tell Ellie knew she needed to be sacrificed and knew Joel was lying to her. I took her OKAIE as a "ok, you just need more healing time before going thru this again. I couldn't help but have that feeling she would finish him off for lying to her though..

I can imagine 2 scenarios for a sequel that would involve Ellie and a more secondary role for Joel.

Scenario 1: 5 years later, Ellie just turned 19 and she feels it's time to go back to Salt-Lake-city. Joel has seen her grow into a strong leader and has finally come to terms with Sarah's death. He agrees to let Ellie go under the condition he accompanies her. Once in S-L-C, they find evidence that the group of researchers have moved their labs to the south at "ground zero" where the infection first started spreading out. Once they make it there, they find out that in the 5 years they lived in the comfort of the hydro-electric town that a cure as actually been found and is awaiting mass distribution.

Scenario 2: Research is going good in Salt-Lake-City where they isolated the virus causing the infection. One problem, they still haven't found a way to reverse the virus growth thru normal blood samples from the infected. They need Ellie Alive to compare 3 way results from infected, non-infected and immuned. A soldier that was present 5 years prior and survived Joel's wrath in the hospital volunteers to seek and bring back Ellie, but his mind is set on killing off the duo. Once arrived at the plant, he meets with Tommy to talk about the situation and how they no longer need to "sacrifice" Ellie to get the results they need and find a cure. Ellie overhearing the conversation gets all packed up and ready to go when Joel and the soldier collides resulting in Joels death. Ellie makes a run for it when she is grabbed from behind and tossed on the ground, as the soldier is about to stab her in the heart, a familiar event occurs, Tommy shoots him in the head, saving the day! Ellie is still set on "saving the world" and sets out to Salt-Lake-City on her own....... Alright guys, no more spoilers!!!

Favorite weapon: The bow and that gun with the scope on it don't remember the name but that thing packed one hell of a punch.

Favorite part: In the restaurant when Joel saves Ellie and calls her "baby girl" it got me chocked up as I remember it was his nickname for Sarah when she dies in his arms.

Bad thing? Needing a few multi-player trophies to get the platinum... $#@! that $#@!. I guess this will be the first ND game I don't plat

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    See, I think I actually preferred fighting the humans than the infected. The infected meant a need to be stealthy for the most part. Sure it might be easier to blast through the predictable and close-range only (except for bloaters) infected, but it's also easier to get killed by an infected sneaking up on you than a human sneaking up on you. Though then again, Humans were also more variable, which also made them more fun to fight. Still, I think I had more deaths to clickers than anything else in this game, lol.
    -FatesServant
    i think naughty dog balanced it well. clickers are easy enough to avoid, but you try your hardest to avoid them because they kill with one hit almost.
    humans on the other hand are more neutral, they can be killed easily but they move around making avoiding them hard.

i hated getting caught though simply because im $#@! at gaming nowadays and it usually means using all my ammo and scrounging like crazy for anything to turn the tide
    which is why i prioritized stealth for my playthrough because i usually had jack $#@! to shoot at things

that being said, humans are the best to fight against because they behave more believable and the same goes for ellie. all that stuff ND showed off really comes to the front when you go up against humans.
    the guys with guns pin you whilst the melee guys flank you. ellie calls out their movements and locations. you can hold up people. enemies will push to you when they hear the click from your empty gun. ellie will scrounge ammo mid battle. ellie will distract enemies to help you escape......the list goes on and on.
    you could fill an entire A4 sized paper from border to border with the amount of subtle things that the AI do.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I found the stalkers easy. You just bow or stealth them and the clickers did nothing since they cant see. You didnt think the tunnel before the hospital counted as a major clicker encounter?
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Thats what I was wondering lol.

So how did everyone get through that tunnel anyway? I had virtually nothing when I got there. I ended hugging the right wall and was able to follow it straight up the tunnel with only taking down one infected. At the end of the tunnel I had to kill a few of course. But I managed to take out a bloater and clicker with a single molotov. The last bloater walked away from the tunnel exit and I just snuck by him and out.
    Ummm...there was a bigger encounter in the tunnel!?

Quote Originally Posted by whattheproblem View Post
    Went to the right, into that side room where there were like 3 "drowsy" runners. So they made easy targets. That side room took me halfway through the tunnel, the rest was just sneaking.
    LMAO! This is what I did..looks like I accidentally avoided it! I only encountered those three! My fully upgraded listen mode didn't even detect any others.
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 06-20-2013 at 13:55.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Guru
    I hardly used the bow until later in the game but turns out, I had the most fun with it. Moving stealthy around the world and recovering arrows after a meaty long distance head-shot was just really satisfying.

Going to loan it out to a friend so he can play it through but after that, I'll be doing the Hard+ run for sure. With more bow-time. Lol.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I think I'll be doing Survivor Mode first before I New Game+ on Survivor.
    Trophy-licious!

PSU Live Streamer
    Yea my plans are to go into Survivor mode next and see if I can pull it off lol

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Less supplies, tougher enemies and no listen mode..sounds like suicide.
    Trophy-licious!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Phew. Just finished my first playthrough. I'm overwhelmed lol I'll have to let it all sink down before I give Survivor a try.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Superior Member
    Very good game and I would have enjoyed it more if I were about 10 years younger. Single player games are a bit too challenging/frustrating for me no a days.

Younglings, hit your mid 30's have a few kids and get back to me on that before you flame away. Lol.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Less supplies, tougher enemies and no listen mode..sounds like suicide.
    Sounds like fun haha. I turned off listen mode my first playthrough (on hard), and I think it made for a much more gritty, rewarding, and real experience.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Also, I almost forgot they announced there will be singleplayer DLC for this..any speculation on what it could be?
    Trophy-licious!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    Very good game and I would have enjoyed it more if I were about 10 years younger. Single player games are a bit too challenging/frustrating for me no a days.

Younglings, hit your mid 30's have a few kids and get back to me on that before you flame away. Lol.
    that's what the easy option is for, old timer
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Live Streamer
    Also, I almost forgot they announced there will be singleplayer DLC for this..any speculation on what it could be?
    Not sure. It would be weird to tack something on to the end, given how it ended. It would be weird to plug something in the middle of the story when so many will have already finished it by then.

My thought was they might show how the outbreak happened. But then who do you play as? Joel? That would then be weird because he didn't become the hardened/grizzled combatant until years after the outbreak.

So I'm scratching my head.

Veteran
    If they do anything with Joel, it should be before the events of the game. I don't think they will though, they said Joel and Ellie's story is over.

It would be cool to explore the Ish side story, or even Henry & Sam.

I still can't get over this game though. Only a handful of games have left me feeling this way after beating them the first time, namely the first and third Metal Gear Solids, Red Dead Redemption, and Uncharted 2. I struggle to think of any more that I have played (although I have a backlog including a few games some would claim to be on that list)

Probably my favorite moment, prepare for some returning feels
    Last edited by Shibby; 06-20-2013 at 17:06.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    It would be cool to explore the Ish side story, or even Henry & Sam.
    Totally didn't consider this. Would be a good idea.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post

Probably my favorite moment, prepare for some returning feels
    You know that guy was voiced by nolan north

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    You know that guy was voiced by nolan north

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah I was shocked to see it when the credits rolled. Mainly because his voice is exactly the same in every game, who knew he could change it up haha.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Yeah was thinking it could be a side story too. Loved the little Ish story..though I'm thinking we could play as Joel's brother too.
    Trophy-licious!

Apprentice
    Yeah was thinking it could be a side story too. Loved the little Ish story..though I'm thinking we could play as Joel's brother too.

Never thought of playing as Joel's brother. DLC of finding the plant and clearing it out to create the community. That would be cool. I would like to see a little more of what happened between Sarah's death and when we pick up Joel and tess 20 years later

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

I'd like to see a Marlene plot line. I got interested listening to her recorders you find in the hospital, about how their journey to Utah went haywire. Except I would like to see the story follow a doctor who accompanies her on the journey out west, someone who starts to doubt the morality of the endgame. Maybe he was a close friend to Ellie's mother, and by extension Ellie herself? Maybe he doesn't know that the sacrificial lamb is Ellie, until about midway through the journey. He doubts Marlene's morality, and the fireflies who accompany them. Perhaps he is sent to Colorado to continue research, and soon after he arrives the University goes under. What if he stayed behind, while the other doctors abandoned the facility, so he could warn Ellie and Joel. Obviously by then he would become a true liability for the fireflies, and so they would turn on him.

OF course, the tension between him and Marlene during the journey is reliant on the basis that Marlene already knew that Ellie had to die in order for them to get the cure, which it seems like they didn't know that until they started research in Utah. But perhaps he knows enough about the physiology of the disease that gives him suspicion of what might happen to the host.

I don't know, I'm just spitballing here. I just thought it would be cool to see the conflict amongst the people who are tasked with using one little girl to save humanity. We heard recorders that showed the doubts some doctors had. I think it would be cool to expand on that.

PSU Live Streamer
    Cool game discussion (with spoilers) between rev3 and kotaku

24. Likes Shibby likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Holy freaking hell, I love Ellie. I just finished this game and it brought me to tears :'(
    This is by far the game of the generation.

For me it goes The Last Of Us > Uncharted 2.

Q: I played on easy, now I have new game plus. When I finish this will I get new game plus normal? Or just regular normal then normal+?

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Holy freaking hell, I love Ellie. I just finished this game and it brought me to tears :'(
    This is by far the game of the generation.

For me it goes The Last Of Us > Uncharted 2.

Q: I played on easy, now I have new game plus. When I finish this will I get new game plus normal? Or just regular normal then normal+?
    Nope you unlock New Game+ for the mode you completed and all the lower mode. If you are going for the Platinum it should be this.

Play through once on any difficulty to unlock Survivor > Play Survivor > Play Survivor+
    Trophy-licious!

Thread Information