Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 290
  1. #201
    Super Elite
    FireSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Posts
    2,238
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    10,626 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Good luck, Im not looking forward to that myself. For me, those Bloaters are one of the only drawbacks to this game.. its just ridiculous what they can take.. and I think you have to kill every single one for pendants.
    molotov is great against them. fire remove their armor and after that its not so hard to kill them

  2. #202
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,604
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    19,721 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    molotov is great against them. fire remove their armor and after that its not so hard to kill them
    Took a molotov, and two nailbombs (and I think another molotov) to kill one without it being alerted to my presence. Its still pretty ridiculous, I think.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  3. #203
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,403
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    16,039 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Good luck, Im not looking forward to that myself. For me, those Bloaters are one of the only drawbacks to this game.. its just ridiculous what they can take.. and I think you have to kill every single one for pendants.
    Made it through. Had a little ammo left too. Now at the ambush, should be a little easier


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  4. #204
    Super Elite
    FireSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Posts
    2,238
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    10,626 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Took a molotov, and two nailbombs (and I think another molotov) to kill one without it being alerted to my presence. Its still pretty ridiculous, I think.
    at the end of the game i've killed 3 and once with this combination. but im agree they are OP

  5. #205
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,841
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    11,543 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I can laugh of all of you playing through Survivor now, but come some day soon now, it'll be me playing that nightmare lol :P

    At least I have the benefit of having a play-through on hard

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  6. #206
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,403
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    16,039 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    I can laugh of all of you playing through Survivor now, but come some day soon now, it'll be me playing that nightmare lol :P

    At least I have the benefit of having a play-through on hard
    I should have started on hard instead of easy to get a better sense of what survivor would be like... Now at the hotel with barely any ammo and another bloater to deal with

    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  7. #207
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,458
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,488 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    I should have started on hard instead of easy to get a better sense of what survivor would be like... Now at the hotel with barely any ammo and another bloater to deal with

    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    what you mean deal with?

    run away man!!!



    i've never taken on the bloater in the hotel. i've always snuk/sneaked/snuck/sneeked (<-- which ever sounds correct coz they all sound wrong to me ) around them by throwing a bottle down the corridor then bashing square like a demon to get through the door

    but yeah, i played on normal and the lack of supplies when i had to start again (thanks HDD) on hard was very disconcerting
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  8. #208
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,604
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    19,721 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I only killed two bloaters in my Normal playthrough, the one at the gym and one later in the game. Every single other bloater I ran away from.. I freaking hate those resource sponges. I honestly dont know if I want to continue with my Survivor playthrough or not

    For the hotel basement you get the key card and stuff before you do the generator, and then you do the generator and run like hell towards that door and pry to god the Bloater doesnt spawn before it. (Once he did, and another he didnt for me.)

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  9. #209
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,458
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,488 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I only killed two bloaters in my Normal playthrough, the one at the gym and one later in the game. Every single other bloater I ran away from.. I freaking hate those resource sponges. I honestly dont know if I want to continue with my Survivor playthrough or not

    For the hotel basement you get the key card and stuff before you do the generator, and then you do the generator and run like hell towards that door and pry to god the Bloater doesnt spawn before it. (Once he did, and another he didnt for me.)
    O_O i totally confused the bloater in the university for the bloater in the hotel

    but yeah, i did a little bit of wondering first playthough when i got to the basement and i found the keycard wherein as i turned i saw my first stalker (is that what they are called?) and $#@!ted my pants
    started up the generator. and promptly $#@!ted more when the bloater came walking in. i turned and ran for the door with my shotgun drawn and ready

    made it without shooting it though so didn't waste ammo
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  10. #210
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,072
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    36,662 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The things that I keep thinking about is unlike Uncharted once I complete Survivor, I have to do it all over again in Survivor+ !!
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  11. #211
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    110,787 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I usually save my resources against survivors and run away from the infected if possible. I've only killed one bloater during my first playthrough.







  12. #212
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,458
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,488 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I usually save my resources against survivors and run away from the infected if possible. I've only killed one bloater during my first playthrough.
    aren't you forced to kill two though?

    once as Joel and again as Ellie?

    the gameplay in The Last of Us is simply sublime though. being seen by infected has never felt like a loss or as if i did something wrong.
    Naughty Dog convey everything that was intended with this game. from the immediate switch when you get spotted (fight or flight) to the sombre and melancholy music.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  13. #213
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    110,787 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    aren't you forced to kill two though?

    once as Joel and again as Ellie?

    the gameplay in The Last of Us is simply sublime though. being seen by infected has never felt like a loss or as if i did something wrong.
    Naughty Dog convey everything that was intended with this game. from the immediate switch when you get spotted (fight or flight) to the sombre and melancholy music.
    Wait, you're right. I forgot about the one Ellie kills.

    Oh boy.. I am not looking forward to that part on Survivor.







  14. #214
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,637
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    7,468 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Playing on survivor, the gameplay really shines this way. No reliance on whatever L2 sound mode, and resources are actually scarce. Everything is damn intense.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  15. #215
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,604
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    19,721 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Damn, I just finished the game a few days ago on Normal and even *I* forgot about the Ellie bloater.. *shudder* dont want to do survivor even more

    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Playing on survivor, the gameplay really shines this way. No reliance on whatever L2 sound mode, and resources are actually scarce. Everything is damn intense.
    i can honestly say I didnt use L2 all that much, few spots near the end is about all I really used it for. Whats throwing me off is lack of triangle when strangling.. I always get too close by accident. ><

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  16. #216
    Newbie
    Raizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Age
    19
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,329 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Damn, I just finished the game a few days ago on Normal and even *I* forgot about the Ellie bloater.. *shudder* dont want to do survivor even more

    i can honestly say I didnt use L2 all that much, few spots near the end is about all I really used it for. Whats throwing me off is lack of triangle when strangling.. I always get too close by accident. ><
    Mash triangle in that situation?

  17. #217
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,637
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    7,468 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah, the prompt came out pretty far anyway so that is not a problem. I sometimes don't get how I get spotted though.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  18. #218
    Dedicated Member
    elite gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    20
    Posts
    1,411
    Rep Power
    45
    Points
    9,085 (0 Banked)
    Been letting Bill shoot everyone on Survivor NG+ to save ammo but it's damn frustrating since he can somehow miss point black range with a shotgun constantly.




  19. #219
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,552
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    11,498 (0 Banked)
    At first clickers seemed ridiculously tough having to aim for the head but then came Bloaters to make them seem like ants next to them. I'm proud to say that i took every enemy in the game by sneaking or rushing through on the normal difficulty. But i must say that i'm a big stealth fan and stealth in this game is one of the worst i ever experienced. If naughty dog ever to make a sequel they need to play MGS & and Deus Ex. several times first.

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  20. #220
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,604
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    19,721 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Been playing The Last of Us multiplayer recently, more cause I plan to take part in that PSU trophy thing, but I honestly wish there was a mode where you dont have to look after Survivors. Far too many matches in a row where you get stuck with crappy teammates, then you get paired with people that you work well with but then you get disconnected after the match and get stuck with a bunch of crappy folks. :/

    Currently Week 7, Day 4.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  21. #221
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,668 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    At first clickers seemed ridiculously tough having to aim for the head but then came Bloaters to make them seem like ants next to them. I'm proud to say that i took every enemy in the game by sneaking or rushing through on the normal difficulty. But i must say that i'm a big stealth fan and stealth in this game is one of the worst i ever experienced. If naughty dog ever to make a sequel they need to play MGS & and Deus Ex. several times first.
    The majority of my kills came from choking out my victims.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  22. #222
    Veteran
    faaeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    .....pss..behind you
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    13,770 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    The majority of my kills came from choking out my victims.
    Same here. Choking them out, stomping on their heads or ellie shankin the s*** out of them. That little girl is vicious.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------


  23. #223
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,668 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Same here. Choking them out, stomping on their heads or ellie shankin the s*** out of them. That little girl is vicious.
    I wouldn't mess with her in the zombie apocalypse.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  24. #224
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,116 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Finished the game yesterday, and went to bed thinking about it. Woke up this morning....thinking about it. This is one of those rare gems of a game that stays with you a while after the ending credits. One of the best ever, imo.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  25. Likes shepard likes this post
  26. #225
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,327
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    23,501 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Finished the game yesterday, and went to bed thinking about it. Woke up this morning....thinking about it. This is one of those rare gems of a game that stays with you a while after the ending credits. One of the best ever, imo.
    Ditto on all points for me.

    I finished the game on the monday after it was released, and only last night did I feel ready to start a second playthrough.

    So last night I began my playthrough on survivor. I'm not very far in yet, just got Ellie out of the QZ and am about to climb into the office building downtown...but man do I feel alot more helpless then I did in my first playthrough on normal.

    Oh, and for those of you wondering. If you unlocked new game plus on either easy/normal/hard, and decided to do a survivor run prior to doing new game plus with the intentions of doing your new game plus later on....mine seems to have overwritten. Not the game save, I control that. But the area in the menu that gives you the choice to play 'new game plus' has now been replaced by 'continue (current game)'. Not sure if that means I can't do normal new game plus anymore, or if just have to call up my first save file again.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.