Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: What Football game you getting?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • PES 2014

2 33.33%
  • FIFA 14

1 16.67%
  • FIFA 14 Next Gen

3 50.00%

Thread: PES or FIFA

Apprentice

PES or FIFA

Hey guys, I have just seen some PES 2014 footage and my god the animations are unreal. It's like looking at a real match. FIFA 14 looks cool as well with the new shooting mechanics. So I know it's early and we haven't any demos to test ourselves but what are your plans?

PES14
    Fifa14
    Fifa 14 Next Gen

Or both? Sorry forgot to put that in the poll
    Last edited by The Anderlation; 06-17-2013 at 00:14.

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hard to say right now. I'm choosing FIFA14 next gen right now, but have plenty of time to get more info, etc. I'll vote later.

Apprentice
    It's a shame PES isn't going next gen, but they got burned all this gen for it. Hopefully it works out for them. I was always a PES boy, but had to go FIFA this gen as at times PES was unplayable

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Flaw3d Genius
    PES 14 and Fifa 14 NG

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I was a pes fan too, till 2010. Now I just don't play football games unless I am with my friends, since I don't chose EA.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Going to try PES demos like every year but i havent bought any of em after 6 besides 2011, and that game while "playable" still ended up being horrible the more i played it. I cant really get into any PES game anymore with more than 2-4 matches before i turn it off in singleplayer, i could play the psx/ps2 PES games for over 8 hours a day. But alot of the annoying bits in the new engine PES have been persistent throught the latest games, after 2011 i pretty much gave in and didnt bother following it anymore mainly because a forum like PESFan turned into a joke where the moderators would constantly hyped up the game like its gonna finally be good and Konami kept saying things were fixed and that they are answering to feedback when they clearly arent. Goalkeepers have been trash in all PES after 6 for example.

FIFA i just dont bother with its the same thing in new bottles, i havent played a FIFA after 2001 where you could basically abuse the AI and get corner kicks so you could score every time, pretty much every mach ended with 7 goal difference on highest diff. Ive tried to play the more recent FIFA games, i rented Fifa 12/WC at my library but it felt the same as the old games to me, it was basically the same flow of every match and how goals were scored, theres no such thing as really build up play, its basic and takes 2 passes to reach opponents goals, and a tap in scoring while angling before the goalkeeper rushes out seems to be the safest way to score in.

Its rather annoying for me not to get my yearly football fix though i hope PES 14 can change that, it does idd look good from what ive seen but i need to see gameplay tweaks before i will even consider a PES game again

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I just can't believe there is no next-gen PES. KONAMI is killing itself by this.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    If they are anything like the early FIFA and PES games on PS3, I say neither and wait for proper next gen to arrive.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    When it comes to football games the latest isn't always the greatest. Personally I'd keep the one I have that works for me and my friends, and wait.

I don't mind PES taking it's time before going next gen. Last time they jumped on the train early it was a catasstrophy. They obviously really need the time.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    I just can't believe there is no next-gen PES. KONAMI is killing itself by this.
    They came out on Twitter a couple of weeks ago and said There was no demand for a nxt-gen version...Clowns...Really strange company.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    They came out on Twitter a couple of weeks ago and said There was no demand for a nxt-gen version...Clowns...Really strange company.
    What surprises me the most is that they are using a new engine to make a game this late in a console's life. When i first heard that they are using the "FOX" engine the logical assumption would to create a next-gen game. But there stupidity really hit me as a surprise.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    What surprises me the most is that they are using a new engine to make a game this late in a console's life. When i first heard that they are using the "FOX" engine the logical assumption would to create a next-gen game. But there stupidity really hit me as a surprise.
    Yeah they keep banging on about how easy and how good the Fox engine to transfer to nxt-gen...Yet no nxt-gen version

At least this year they finally look on track for a very good football game...I guess baby steps is best for Konami.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    I was only a pes fan...but that changed and i dont think that pes can compete with fifa at all. the gameplay has been so unreal in the last couple games of pes. And keep in mind that im still saying this even though the last two fifa games have been identical.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    BUT....I will not get fifa either if the turkish league isnt in it, and the players in it are realistic. i dont want a bunch of guys with their overall not better than 70. turkish league is a quality league now...

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Not played either for a decade.

Considering there are no next gen consoles out at this moment....
    Last edited by keefy; 06-22-2013 at 00:56.

Thread Information